FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2008-03-07) - Sinclair

This is a discussion on FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2008-03-07) - Sinclair ; If you've only just found this newsgroup, then welcome! We hope you'll have a fun time reminiscing with the rest of us. If you're here to find out some information, then here are a few good starting points: 1) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/ ...

  1. FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2008-03-07)

    If you've only just found this newsgroup, then welcome! We hope you'll
    have a fun time reminiscing with the rest of us.

    If you're here to find out some information, then here are a few good
    starting points:

    1) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/ - The FAQ for all things Sinclair.

    Useful for technical info and for discovering a whole heap of
    Sinclair websites, the largest of which is...

    2) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ - The World Of Spectrum.

    An archive of almost every Spectrum program ever made, together
    with emulators and much MUCH more!

    3) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ - The WoS Forums

    Home of the most active members of the community - if you want to be
    kept up to date with everything that's going on, it's worth browsing
    these forums every now and then.

    4) As comprehensive as the above websites are, there'll always be gaps.
    A good web search engine will come in useful:

    http://www.google.com/ - Google.

    5) You can also use Google Groups to search through most posts to
    comp.sys.sinclair since it was set up in 1993.

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...p.sys.sinclair

    6) comp.sys.sinclair has quite a few running in-jokes which you might
    not understand the first time around. There's a complete(-ish) list
    of them here:

    http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/ - CSS Folklore FAQ.

    Enjoy!

    --
    Please do not respond to this message via email as all messages to this
    account get binned automatically.

    To killfile this post, you can do it in at least two ways:
    1) Filter on subjects starting with "FAQ: "
    2) Filter on "From:" field on "faqjunk@the-den.clara.net"

  2. Re: FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2008-03-07)

    faqjunk@the-den.clara.net wrote:

    > http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/ - CSS Folklore FAQ.

    Thought I'd point out that this link doesn't seem to work.

    Steve

  3. Re: FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair!(2008-03-07)

    On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Steve Caddy wrote:

    > faqjunk@the-den.clara.net wrote:
    >

    >> http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/ - CSS Folklore FAQ.

    > Thought I'd point out that this link doesn't seem to work.

    Now set to http://www.worldofspectrum.org/cssfolklore/ as that's just been
    set up.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/

  4. Re: FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2008-03-07)

    Steve Caddy wrote:
    > faqjunk@the-den.clara.net wrote:
    >> http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/ - CSS Folklore FAQ.

    > Thought I'd point out that this link doesn't seem to work.

    My god, it's full of dead-eyed consultants.

  5. Re: FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair!(2008-03-07)

    On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 02:26:19 +0000, fuzzix wrote:

    > Steve Caddy wrote:
    >> faqjunk@the-den.clara.net wrote:
    >>> http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/ - CSS Folklore FAQ.

    >> Thought I'd point out that this link doesn't seem to work.

    > My god, it's full of dead-eyed consultants.

    *ahem* - http://www.worldofspectrum.org/cssfolklore/

  6. Re: FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2008-03-07)

    On Mar 8, 2:26 am, fuzzix wrote:
    > Steve Caddy wrote:
    > > faqj...@the-den.clara.net wrote:
    > >> http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/- CSS Folklore FAQ.

    > > Thought I'd point out that this link doesn't seem to work.

    > My god, it's full of dead-eyed consultants.

    I visited that page, and at the bottom it had the usual rubbish about
    some kind of amazing coincidence in my timing, leading to my being
    "selected" to "win an Audi". It even said something about my chance
    being doubled, and that much at least was true -- twice zero is indeed
    zero. :-)

+ Reply to Thread