Line 0 poke - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Line 0 poke - Sinclair ; What is the poke to turn the first line in a program to like 0 and back? graham...

  1. Line 0 poke

    What is the poke to turn the first line in a program to like 0 and back?

    graham

  2. Re: Line 0 poke

    a man named ANTHONY T. ORESTEEN discribed it like that:

    POKE 16510,0

    this makes first lane number 0, can´t be edited. use for copyright
    notice. to hide LISTing use the following: - ENTER III REM ad" than POKE
    16514,118 and POKE 16515,118; LISTing is gone

    greetings
    jens

  3. Re: Line 0 poke

    On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 20:09:14 GMT, "Graham Prout"
    wrote:

    >What is the poke to turn the first line in a program to like 0 and back?

    Depends on what Sinclair computer

    For the Speccy it's POKE 23756,0 assuming you have no IF 1 attached.
    No prizes for guessing what POKE turns it back again

  4. Re: Line 0 poke

    > Depends on what Sinclair computer

    sorry - i mean the ZX81

  5. Re: Line 0 poke

    Oh, well, in that case ignore my last message.

    We used to shove loads of dummy chars in that line and then overwrite them
    with machine code routines as well of course, but you really did then have
    to make the number uneditable or accidental editing udid all your work.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "david lightman" wrote in message
    > > Depends on what Sinclair computer

    > sorry - i mean the ZX81

  6. Re: Line 0 poke

    Ultimate games always used to use this to prevent you changing the loader.
    Ratbags. And it was all one long line as well, which you had to re-poke and
    then shift-8 all the way through just to add POKE 44786,0 right at the
    bloody end.

    Dave

  7. Re: Line 0 poke

    Well its actualy for the P.A.W.S. program so i can alter the loader to load
    from the plus d and not from tape.
    No interface 1 is used.

    Graham

    "David Robinson" wrote in message
    > Ultimate games always used to use this to prevent you changing the loader.
    > Ratbags. And it was all one long line as well, which you had to re-poke
    > and then shift-8 all the way through just to add POKE 44786,0 right at the
    > bloody end.
    >
    > Dave

  8. Re: Line 0 poke

    "Woodster" wrote:

    > > What is the poke to turn the first line in a program to like 0 and
    > > back?

    > For the Speccy it's POKE 23756,0 assuming you have no IF 1 attached.

    ....and that the first line is numbered lower than 256.

    Eq.

  9. Re: Line 0 poke

    Graham Prout:
    > What is the poke to turn the first line in a program to like 0 and

    back?

    > graham

    Poke 23756,0
    and to turn it back 23756,1

    Frans

  10. Re: Line 0 poke

    "Cameraman" a écrit dans le message de
    > Graham Prout:
    > > What is the poke to turn the first line in a program to like 0 and

    > back?
    > >
    > > graham

    > Poke 23756,0
    > and to turn it back 23756,1
    >
    > Frans

    .... on Zx Spectrum computers ...

  11. Re: Line 0 poke

    > > Graham Prout:
    > > > What is the poke to turn the first line in a program to like 0 and

    > > back?
    > > >
    > > > graham

    > > Poke 23756,0
    > > and to turn it back 23756,1
    > >
    > > Frans

    > ... on Zx Spectrum computers ...

    And :

    POKE 16424,0 ' H byte
    POKE 16425,10 ' Low byte
    or POKE 16425,0 to change the first line to "0"

    On the ZX80.

  12. Re: Line 0 poke

    "GzavSnap" wrote in message
    > > > Graham Prout:
    > > > back?

    > > > Poke 23756,0
    > > > and to turn it back 23756,1
    > > >
    > > > Frans

    > > ... on Zx Spectrum computers ...

    > And :
    >
    > POKE 16424,0 ' H byte
    > POKE 16425,10 ' Low byte
    > or POKE 16425,0 to change the first line to "0"
    >
    > On the ZX80.

    POKE 16510,0

+ Reply to Thread