Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

  1. Re: age survey

    On 2008-02-15, Lister wrote:

    >>Yeah, an' you said that one three times!

    > He would've got away with it, if it weren't for you pesky kids

    Well, I've umasked him now, and much to everyone's surprise it's
    someone wearing a rubber mask that was far far smaller than their
    actual head and a completely different shape!

    However, that's all besides the point: Thelma or Daphne?

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/

  2. Re: age survey

    "messianic light" wrote in message
    >I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    > than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    > month ago, not greying much yet
    >
    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?

    280 in dog years but still incontinent,incompetent and awake

  3. Re: age survey

    Hello,

    I am 41 and will be 42 in december this year.

    Greetz,
    Pedro
    "messianic light" wrote in message
    >I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    > than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    > month ago, not greying much yet
    >
    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?

  4. Re: age survey

    The message <47b5da0f$0$1342$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com>
    from Duncan Snowden contains these words:

    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > > deKay did
    > > eloquently scribble:
    > >> I'm 19.

    > > Heh, yeah right, in what base is that?
    > > base 20?

    > CSS Tip of the Day: Never try to figure out what your age is in octal.
    > Binary's funny, hex is quite cheerful if it comes out without any
    > letters in and has a certain geek cool if it doesn't, but octal's just
    > depressing.

    Here's a useful factoid:

    Once you've reached the age of 10 (base 2) you can be 10 forever more
    (provided you increment the base each birthday :-).

    --
    Regards, John.

    Please remove the "ohggcyht" before replying.
    The address has been munged to reject Spam-bots.

  5. Re: age survey

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:46:58 +0000, Ian Rawlings
    wrote:

    >On 2008-02-15, Lister wrote:
    >
    >>>Yeah, an' you said that one three times!

    >> He would've got away with it, if it weren't for you pesky kids

    >Well, I've umasked him now, and much to everyone's surprise it's
    >someone wearing a rubber mask that was far far smaller than their
    >actual head and a completely different shape!
    >
    >However, that's all besides the point: Thelma or Daphne?

    Wilma

  6. Re: age survey

    On 2008-02-16, Lister wrote:

    >>However, that's all besides the point: Thelma or Daphne?

    > Wilma

    Penelope Pitstop, as long as she keeps her mouth shut, most of the time!

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/

  7. Re: age survey

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:42:41 +0000, Ian Rawlings
    wrote:

    >On 2008-02-16, Lister wrote:
    >
    >>>However, that's all besides the point: Thelma or Daphne?

    >> Wilma

    >Penelope Pitstop, as long as she keeps her mouth shut, most of the time!

    Well, at least it's not Mutley

  8. Re: age survey

    On Feb 15, 12:04*pm, pogi wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 9:41 am, fredsbrew wrote:
    >

    > > On Feb 14, 8:54 am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > > > Chris Johnson did eloquently scribble:

    > > > WWOOOOO! I'm not one of the oldest specchums anymore!
    > > > Wahaaaay.
    > > > (40)
    > > > --
    > > > __________________________________________________ _________________________**___
    > > > | * spi...@freenet.co.uk * | * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
    > > > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" * * * * *|
    > > > | * * * * * *in * * * * * *| "THAT WOULD BE ANECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    > > > | * * Computer Science * * | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" ** * * * * * * * |
    > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------**---

    > > I am 59 years old. I was a member of the Long Island Sinclair Timex
    > > users group in New York. As a member of the group, I was the editor of
    > > their newsletter "LISTING". I have boxes of books, documentation,
    > > components, spare parts, newsletters, TS1000, ZX-81, Rampacks,
    > > Memotech Peripherals, Programs on Tape, ZX-81's in Keytronics
    > > Keyboards, ETC...
    > > Oh yes, I still play with my toys.

    > It's a long time since I've heard LIST user group. I was living in San
    > Diego and receiving the newsletter LISTING (I think that was it)
    > I still have them in the attic. I've since moved to North Carolina.
    > I'm just behind you in age, 57. I have a zx81 with a broken keyboard,
    > ts2068 with cassette recorder, both still work, and a QL.
    >
    > Ken- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Ken:
    Nice to meet you.
    Any way I could help with the broken keyboard on the ZX81?

    Regards
    Fred

  9. Re: age survey

    On 2008-02-16, Lister wrote:

    > Well, at least it's not Mutley

    Rather bizzarely you can get cartoon porn sites that require
    membership to see the pictures! Just like a normal porn site,
    members-only sections etc, just pics of scooby doo humping thelma and
    so on.. Who the feck would pay for that I wonder.

    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/

  10. Re: age survey

    Ian Rawlings wrote:
    > On 2008-02-16, Lister wrote:
    >
    >> Well, at least it's not Mutley

    > Rather bizzarely you can get cartoon porn sites that require
    > membership to see the pictures! Just like a normal porn site,
    > members-only sections etc, just pics of scooby doo humping thelma and
    > so on.. Who the feck would pay for that I wonder.

    You seem to know be something of an expert about these sites...

    --
    link my boring website http://alistairsserver.no-ip.org/

  11. Re: age survey

    messianic light wrote:
    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?

    I'm 30, hence my continued legitimate use of youthful vernacular.

    Tizzight.

  12. Re: age survey

    fuzzix wrote:

    > messianic light wrote:
    >> how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?

    > I'm 30, hence my continued legitimate use of youthful vernacular.
    >
    > Tizzight.

    I wondered who was playing all that skiffle music. Now hang your duffel
    coat up properly and clean up the cappuccino you spilled on the carpet.

    And put that bloody pipe out.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  13. Re: age survey

    messianic light wrote:

    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?

    20... in hex, sadly

  14. Re: age survey

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > I wondered who was playing all that skiffle music. Now hang your
    > duffel coat up properly and clean up the cappuccino you spilled on
    > the carpet.

    That's Nu-Skif, this coat is from Retro-****head on Carnaby St and
    that's latte I spilled on the carpet... at Starbuck's.

    > And put that bloody pipe out.

    I can't, it's a crack pipe.

  15. Re: age survey

    Bonjour ZX81, TS1000 fans,

    By reading the previous posting, I can declare proudly: I am the
    gran' daddy of you all.

    I can be the grand father of some of you, but that does not stop
    me from "playing" with my ZX81.

    I remember the users group from Long Island. In the early 90, I was
    exchanging newsletters with them. I still have all those newsletters
    from that time

    If you want to find out my true age, read the old newsletters
    available at
    "http://www.zx-team.de/andre".

    At the same time you can find out what are the latest games of 2008
    available for the ZX81 and TS1000.

    I am still alive and so are the ZX81 and the TS1000!

    Goodby(t)e, ANDRE***
    http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

  16. Re: age survey

    On Feb 14, 6:41 am, fredsbrew wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 8:54 am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >

    > > Chris Johnson did eloquently scribble:

    > > > Quoted text is from
    > > > <08d0eba9-6a48-477e-8217-4cca955e9...@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, by
    > > > messianic light
    > > > 60!

    > > WWOOOOO! I'm not one of the oldest specchums anymore!
    > > Wahaaaay.
    > > (40)
    > > --
    > > __________________________________________________ _________________________*___
    > > | spi...@freenet.co.uk | |
    > > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    > > | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    > > | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |
    > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*---

    > I am 59 years old. I was a member of the Long Island Sinclair Timex
    > users group in New York. As a member of the group, I was the editor of
    > their newsletter "LISTING". I have boxes of books, documentation,
    > components, spare parts, newsletters, TS1000, ZX-81, Rampacks,
    > Memotech Peripherals, Programs on Tape, ZX-81's in Keytronics
    > Keyboards, ETC...
    > Oh yes, I still play with my toys.

    This is impressive! Nice to see you around here.
    Last year I spent months trying to locate members of Timex Sinclair
    groups, authors of newsletters so that I could ask for permission to
    scan and preserve them online, etc. But it was really frustrating. The
    internet doesn't have all the information all the time, and sometimes
    a call to the numbers that still work reveals that the person has
    passed away. I remember calling and asking if a certain gentleman was
    available when his wife told me that he had passed away a few years
    ago. I felt so bad that I stopped calling and sending letters trying
    to locate people. It's sad that some newsletters and magazines will be
    lost forever but it's also very difficult to find Sinclair users here
    in the States. It's incredible how the American Sinclair generation is
    older, compared to the European one. And it's also incredible that
    most people here have never heard of the Sinclair computers. In 11
    years that I'm here I've met two people (in person) that knew what I
    was talking about, and they both were in their 50s.
    I've lived in New York City from 95 to 2003, in Los Angeles from 2003
    to 2006, and I'm now living in Santa Ana, just a few blocks away from
    the place where they built the first ZX80 clone, the Microace (!).
    There's nothing left there. No one remembers, everything's gone... I
    wish I was there when Sir Clive came to meet David Ahl, when Timex was
    going strong, when San Diego still had a Sinclair group, when Long
    Island still had the group, etc.
    If you ever have a chance, please share your experiences with us. If
    you ever decide that you want your Sinclair material preserved, please
    let us know. There are lots of people who are willing to scan and
    convert all those old docs to pdf.
    I'm sad to say it, but I think the Sinclair scene in the U.S. is dying
    faster than in other parts of the world. Just a few months ago the
    Chicago Sinclair users group made its last newsletter. *sigh*

    Good thing we still have the ZX-81 team and the Spectrum scene.

    Cheers.

    Bruno

  17. Re: age survey

    messianic light wrote in news:08d0eba9-6a48-
    477e-8217-4cca955e90a5@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com:

    > I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    > than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    > month ago, not greying much yet
    >
    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?

    Hi, there
    Weeell, chonologically, I'm 54.
    Bodily, however I'm more like 60, whereas mentally I might be in the mid-
    thirties.
    Hope this satisfies your query.

    Gert.

  18. Re: age survey

    "ANDRE***" a écrit dans le message de
    > Bonjour ZX81, TS1000 fans,
    >
    > By reading the previous posting, I can declare proudly: I am the
    > gran' daddy of you all.
    >
    > I can be the grand father of some of you, but that does not stop
    > me from "playing" with my ZX81.
    >
    > I remember the users group from Long Island. In the early 90, I was
    > exchanging newsletters with them. I still have all those newsletters
    > from that time
    >
    > If you want to find out my true age, read the old newsletters
    > available at
    > "http://www.zx-team.de/andre".
    >
    > At the same time you can find out what are the latest games of 2008
    > available for the ZX81 and TS1000.
    >
    > I am still alive and so are the ZX81 and the TS1000!
    >
    > Goodby(t)e, ANDRE***
    > http://www.zx-team.de/andre
    > http://zx81.ordi5.free.fr/andre

    Hi André,

    I plan to code a new game "Guess Andre's age",
    This is a random age bettween 0 and 20 years old.
    But, my beta release dont work!
    The "10 LET AgeOfAndre=INT(RND*20)+1" allways equal "20" !!!
    Could you help me?
    Xav.

  19. Re: age survey

    andre***, you are the youngest of us !!

  20. Re: age survey

    Gert Brink Nielsen wrote:

    > Hi, there
    > Weeell, chonologically, I'm 54.
    > Bodily, however I'm more like 60, whereas mentally I might be in the
    > mid- thirties.
    > Hope this satisfies your query.
    >
    > Gert.

    Hi!

    I was on a birthday party of my friend, who was 60 then...

    I slept away at ~4 a.m. and he drunk not lesser than me ;-)
    He staffed me out with various confetti and other funny things while I
    slept and made a photo :-) (Analog, off course!)

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast