age survey - Sinclair

This is a discussion on age survey - Sinclair ; On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:38:24 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote: >deKay did eloquently scribble: >> spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote: > >>> Heh, yeah right, in what base is that? >>> base 20? > >> In whatever base the numbers stop at 19 > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70

Thread: age survey

  1. Re: age survey

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:38:24 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >deKay did eloquently scribble:
    >> spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >
    >>> Heh, yeah right, in what base is that?
    >>> base 20?

    >
    >> In whatever base the numbers stop at 19

    >
    >Base 20 it is then.
    >



    All your base are belong to us

  2. Re: age survey

    Quoted text is from
    <08d0eba9-6a48-477e-8217-4cca955e90a5@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, by
    messianic light

    >how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    60!

    Regards
    Chris
    --
    Chris Johnson mobile:+44 (0)7785 302122 Fax: +44 (0)870 0519 818
    EDI website http://www.edimatrix.co.uk
    EDIMatrix Ltd work: 0845 126 0680 or +44 20 8778 1402
    Registered in UK no. 2777624 Reg.Office: 34 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5QF

  3. Re: age survey

    messianic light wrote:

    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    Hello!


    I am 36. I look like 44 when wearing a beard (I seem younger when
    looking at my skin, though) and 28 when shaved (I hope so ;-))...

    My first contact with Sinclair Computers was an idea by my father, to
    sell (reseller) the Speccy 48K with the eight-number Games Collection
    (Jet Pac, Chess, FS, Chequered Flags, Pssst, Cookie, Reversi and
    Backgammon).

    I can tell, the speccy is a very good Computer and gave me many
    pleasent adventurous Hours of silent (reliable!) Computer Game fun.



    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: I'll take the beard when looking to a ZX-meeting in Germany ;-)

  4. Re: age survey

    Chris Johnson did eloquently scribble:
    > Quoted text is from
    > <08d0eba9-6a48-477e-8217-4cca955e90a5@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, by
    > messianic light


    >>how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    > 60!


    WWOOOOO! I'm not one of the oldest specchums anymore!
    Wahaaaay.
    (40)
    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  5. Re: age survey

    messianic light wrote:
    > I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    > than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    > month ago, not greying much yet
    >
    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    56 next month, but I was 21 once.

    Mike.

  6. Re: age survey

    Primax did eloquently scribble:
    > messianic light wrote:
    >> I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    >> than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    >> month ago, not greying much yet
    >>
    >> how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    > 56 next month, but I was 21 once.


    The latter is a requirement for the former.
    So, it's hardly "give that man a medal" material.
    :-p
    --
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |
    | in | "I think so brain, but this time, you control |
    | Computer Science | the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..." |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  7. Re: age survey

    On Feb 14, 8:54*am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Chris Johnson did eloquently scribble:
    >
    > > Quoted text is from
    > > <08d0eba9-6a48-477e-8217-4cca955e9...@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, by
    > > messianic light
    > >>how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?

    > > 60!

    >
    > WWOOOOO! I'm not one of the oldest specchums anymore!
    > Wahaaaay.
    > (40)
    > --
    > __________________________________________________ _________________________*___
    > | * spi...@freenet.co.uk * | * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * |
    > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" * * * * *|
    > | * * * * * *in * * * * * *| "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    > | * * Computer Science * * | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" * ** * * * * * * |
    > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*---


    I am 59 years old. I was a member of the Long Island Sinclair Timex
    users group in New York. As a member of the group, I was the editor of
    their newsletter "LISTING". I have boxes of books, documentation,
    components, spare parts, newsletters, TS1000, ZX-81, Rampacks,
    Memotech Peripherals, Programs on Tape, ZX-81's in Keytronics
    Keyboards, ETC...
    Oh yes, I still play with my toys.

  8. Re: age survey

    On 13 Feb., 06:05, messianic light
    wrote:
    > I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    > than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    > month ago, not greying much yet
    >
    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    I was 0x15 when my ZX81 was born, wearing a beard , and I am a member
    of the German ZX Team :-)

    Siggi

  9. Re: age survey

    david lightman schrieb:
    > i´m glad. member of the german zx-team and still 39!
    >
    > greetings
    > jens

    Hi from Peter,

    who is nearly 39 too, like Jens, but he is "dec" and I'm "hex" ;-))

    Why not come to next ZX-TEAM-meeting (april 11-13, 2008) and check if we
    all are younger then we look.


    Peter
    ---
    www.zx81.de

  10. Re: age survey

    Quoted text is from , by
    spike1@freenet.co.uk

    >The latter is a requirement for the former. So, it's hardly "give that
    >man a medal" material. :-p


    Whilst your observation is formally correct, experience with children
    and grandchildren indicates that they believe people over the age of 40
    were cast up from the waves in all their current wrinkled splendour.

    Regards
    Chris
    --
    Chris Johnson mobile:+44 (0)7785 302122 Fax: +44 (0)870 0519 818
    EDI website http://www.edimatrix.co.uk
    EDIMatrix Ltd work: 0845 126 0680 or +44 20 8778 1402
    Registered in UK no. 2777624 Reg.Office: 34 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5QF

  11. Re: age survey

    On 2008-02-14, Chris Johnson wrote:

    > Whilst your observation is formally correct, experience with children
    > and grandchildren indicates that they believe people over the age of 40
    > were cast up from the waves in all their current wrinkled splendour.


    An ex cow-orker of mine stated with great certainty that you can't
    learn anything new once you reach the age of 35, which he has now
    passed or is close to passing..

    --
    Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/

  12. Re: age survey

    >I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    >than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    >month ago, not greying much yet
    >
    >how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    I've just made it to 31. You guys make me feel young!

    METALBRAIN
    (C) 1977 Tejedor & Gómez Research Ltd.

  13. Re: age survey

    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > On 2008-02-13, Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >
    >> I always thought you were older than me, Ian. (Well, you are, but only
    >> by a few months.) Don't know why.

    >
    > Well, either your memory or my memory is going, I'm sure you've said
    > that before!


    Grrr! I'll get that pesky Thunderbird for this, you see if I don't!

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  14. Re: age survey

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:41:07 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Ian Rawlings:

    > An ex cow-orker


    What does a cow orker do? Ork cows?

    Hmm, actually looking it up on Google[1] I see this is a common(ish)
    phrase so now I'm not sure whether it was a typo or intentional.

    Chris
    [1] http://catb.org/jargon/html/C/cow-orker.html


    --
    +-------------------------------------------+
    | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+

    DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

  15. Re: age survey

    On 2008-02-14, Chris Young wrote:

    > Hmm, actually looking it up on Google[1] I see this is a common(ish)
    > phrase so now I'm not sure whether it was a typo or intentional.


    Cow orker, like froup, has been around since the early days of usenet,
    in those creaky days of FSP, UUCP, KA9Q, Archie, Gopher, ftp-to-email
    gateways and so on. At least that's when I first heard it, chances
    are it was around a lot longer, before email even! Imagine that!

    --
    Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/

  16. Re: age survey

    On Feb 12, 9:05 pm, messianic light
    wrote:
    > I noticed that most members of the German ZX Team seemed to be older
    > than me in a picture of their last meet, I have just turned 40 about a
    > month ago, not greying much yet
    >
    > how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?


    31 here. Will be 32 this year.

  17. Re: age survey

    On Feb 14, 9:41 am, fredsbrew wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 8:54 am, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > Chris Johnson did eloquently scribble:

    >
    > > > Quoted text is from
    > > > <08d0eba9-6a48-477e-8217-4cca955e9...@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, by
    > > > messianic light
    > > >>how old are the rest of you frequenting this NG?
    > > > 60!

    >
    > > WWOOOOO! I'm not one of the oldest specchums anymore!
    > > Wahaaaay.
    > > (40)
    > > --
    > > __________________________________________________ _________________________*___
    > > | spi...@freenet.co.uk | |
    > > |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    > > | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    > > | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |
    > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------*---

    >
    > I am 59 years old. I was a member of the Long Island Sinclair Timex
    > users group in New York. As a member of the group, I was the editor of
    > their newsletter "LISTING". I have boxes of books, documentation,
    > components, spare parts, newsletters, TS1000, ZX-81, Rampacks,
    > Memotech Peripherals, Programs on Tape, ZX-81's in Keytronics
    > Keyboards, ETC...
    > Oh yes, I still play with my toys.


    It's a long time since I've heard LIST user group. I was living in San
    Diego and receiving the newsletter LISTING (I think that was it)
    I still have them in the attic. I've since moved to North Carolina.
    I'm just behind you in age, 57. I have a zx81 with a broken keyboard,
    ts2068 with cassette recorder, both still work, and a QL.

    Ken

  18. Re: age survey

    On 2008-02-14, Duncan Snowden wrote:

    > Ian Rawlings wrote:
    >
    >> Well, either your memory or my memory is going, I'm sure you've said
    >> that before!

    >
    > Grrr! I'll get that pesky Thunderbird for this, you see if I don't!


    Yeah, an' you said that one three times!

    --
    Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!
    http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/

  19. Re: age survey

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:01:05 +0000, Ian Rawlings
    wrote:

    >On 2008-02-14, Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >
    >> Ian Rawlings wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, either your memory or my memory is going, I'm sure you've said
    >>> that before!

    >>
    >> Grrr! I'll get that pesky Thunderbird for this, you see if I don't!

    >
    >Yeah, an' you said that one three times!



    He would've got away with it, if it weren't for you pesky kids

  20. Re: age survey

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:04:10 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Duncan Snowden:

    > >> I'm 19.

    > >
    > > Heh, yeah right, in what base is that?
    > > base 20?

    >
    > CSS Tip of the Day: Never try to figure out what your age is in octal.
    > Binary's funny, hex is quite cheerful if it comes out without any
    > letters in and has a certain geek cool if it doesn't, but octal's just
    > depressing.


    I heartily agree, however I was looking a bit young against the likes
    of you lot so it was worth a go.

    Chris


    --
    +-------------------------------------------+
    | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+

    DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast