ZX81 power supply - Sinclair

This is a discussion on ZX81 power supply - Sinclair ; I've got a ZX81 but I haven't the power supply. I am treying to use a standard 9v one, but I don't know which pole of the conector is + and which is -. Could anybody help me?...

  1. ZX81 power supply

    I've got a ZX81 but I haven't the power supply. I am treying to use a
    standard 9v one, but I don't know which pole of the conector is + and
    which is -. Could anybody help me?

  2. Re: ZX81 power supply

    On Feb 3, 11:55 pm, Federico Rivas wrote:
    > I've got a ZX81 but I haven't the power supply. I am treying to use a
    > standard 9v one, but I don't know which pole of the conector is + and
    > which is -. Could anybody help me?

    I'm sure this information is in the FAQ. The URL of the FAQ is also
    in the FAQ.

    Seriously, Google for "zx81 faq" and you should find this info.

  3. Re: ZX81 power supply

    "Federico Rivas" wrote ...

    > I've got a ZX81 but I haven't the power supply. I am treying to use a
    > standard 9v one, but I don't know which pole of the conector is + and which
    > is -. Could anybody help me?

    I found the following information on the worldofspectrum website:

    9. POWER SUPPLY

    If you wish to use your own power supply with the ZX81, it should conform to
    these specifications -

    D.C. only -positive to the tip of the 3.5mm jack plug. Need not be regulated,
    but should be well smoothed.

    Voltage - between 12 volts maximum and about 8 volts minimum (depending on
    smoothing) when on load.

    Current - not less than 600mA, or 1 2A of the printer is to work from the
    same supply.

    Hope that will answer your question.
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Change is inevitable,
    except from vending machines!

  4. Re: ZX81 power supply

    You can deduce this from the pcb in fact, as the shaft connection is quite
    clearly earth.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Sam Gillett" wrote in message

    > "Federico Rivas" wrote ...
    >
    >> I've got a ZX81 but I haven't the power supply. I am treying to use a
    >> standard 9v one, but I don't know which pole of the conector is + and
    >> which
    >> is -. Could anybody help me?

    > I found the following information on the worldofspectrum website:
    >

    > 9. POWER SUPPLY
    >
    > If you wish to use your own power supply with the ZX81, it should conform
    > these specifications -
    >
    > D.C. only -positive to the tip of the 3.5mm jack plug. Need not be
    > regulated,
    > but should be well smoothed.
    >
    > Voltage - between 12 volts maximum and about 8 volts minimum (depending on
    > smoothing) when on load.
    >
    > Current - not less than 600mA, or 1 2A of the printer is to work from the
    > same supply.
    >

    > Hope that will answer your question.
    > --
    > Best regards,