48K Video fix - Sinclair

This is a discussion on 48K Video fix - Sinclair ; I have just modded my modulator with the video fix but all i get is a black and white picture and i have tried 4 tvs 2 lcd and 2 crt but the picture is crisp just need colour oh ...

  1. 48K Video fix

    I have just modded my modulator with the video fix but all i get is a black
    and white picture and i have tried 4 tvs 2 lcd and 2 crt but the picture is
    crisp just need colour oh and the speccy is an issue 3.
    Any one have any ideas?
    Just incase before i removed the modulator circut it worked to a sort on the
    rf, the pic was there with colour but crap.

    Graham

  2. Re: 48K Video fix

    Graham Prout wrote:

    > I have just modded my modulator with the video fix but all i get is a
    > black and white picture and i have tried 4 tvs 2 lcd and 2 crt but
    > the picture is crisp just need colour oh and the speccy is an issue
    > 3. Any one have any ideas? Just incase before i removed the
    > modulator circut it worked to a sort on the rf, the pic was there
    > with colour but crap.
    >

    > Graham

    A Sinclair Spectrum Picture can't be crap, even it is crap ;-)

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  3. Re: 48K Video fix

    Well, I assume the tvs are capable of old fashioned composite video input
    with colour in the first place?

    Always found the older the tv, the better.

    When you say colour was crap, could this possibly be an issue 2 board. The
    one with the little trimmer on the pcb?

    These notoriously drifted and the colour went weird and often off
    completely.

    Similar problems afflicted the 128!

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "Graham Prout" wrote in message
    >I have just modded my modulator with the video fix but all i get is a black
    >and white picture and i have tried 4 tvs 2 lcd and 2 crt but the picture is
    >crisp just need colour oh and the speccy is an issue 3.
    > Any one have any ideas?
    > Just incase before i removed the modulator circut it worked to a sort on
    > the rf, the pic was there with colour but crap.
    >

    > Graham

  4. Re: 48K Video fix

    No its an issue 3 board, all i meant by the colour is crap was that the tv
    that i had used it on (32" lcd) would not display the pic properly but then
    the composite is plugged in then its crisp.

    Graham

+ Reply to Thread