DivIDE / FATware / 128K mode: Possible? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on DivIDE / FATware / 128K mode: Possible? - Sinclair ; I recently managed to find a CF card that actually works properly with DivIDE, so I'm all up and running with it at last! I have it connected to a +2, but I can't find any way of getting into ...

  1. DivIDE / FATware / 128K mode: Possible?

    I recently managed to find a CF card that actually works properly with
    DivIDE, so I'm all up and running with it at last!

    I have it connected to a +2, but I can't find any way of getting into
    128 mode with FATware. Is this possible?

    If you load a .z80 snapshot taken from 128 BASIC or the 128 menu
    screen, it seems to work, but BASIC refuses to execute any commands.
    Whatever you type, it just beeps!

    Is it possible to get into a working 128 mode with DivIDE connected?
    --
    Please remove all-your-clothes before replying.

  2. Re: DivIDE / FATware / 128K mode: Possible?

    Tim Fardell wrote:
    > I recently managed to find a CF card that actually works properly with
    > DivIDE, so I'm all up and running with it at last!
    >
    > I have it connected to a +2, but I can't find any way of getting into
    > 128 mode with FATware. Is this possible?
    >
    > If you load a .z80 snapshot taken from 128 BASIC or the 128 menu
    > screen, it seems to work, but BASIC refuses to execute any commands.
    > Whatever you type, it just beeps!
    >
    > Is it possible to get into a working 128 mode with DivIDE connected?

    Only the DivIDE Plus will work from within the 128K mode I am afraid.
    The original DivIDE is limited to 48K mode only. I presume you have the
    original DivIDE.

    As for suitable CF cards, a good starting point would have been our own
    forums - http://www.rwapadventures.com/forums/
    We have listed tried and tested CF cards (on the DivIDE Plus at least,
    but they should also work on the original DivIDE) and also listed
    non-working ones.

    Rich Mellor
    www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

  3. Re: DivIDE / FATware / 128K mode: Possible?

    On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:09:15 +0000, Rich Mellor
    wrote:

    >Only the DivIDE Plus will work from within the 128K mode I am afraid.
    >The original DivIDE is limited to 48K mode only. I presume you have the
    >original DivIDE.

    Yes, it is the original DivIDE board.

    The annoying thing is it so tantalisingly *nearly* works! Everything
    looks normal, you can pick things off the menu, and move around within
    the BASIC program. But type in a command, and instead of executing it,
    it just beeps and goes straight back to the Editor again!

    What's the current lead time on DivIDE Plus boards?
    --
    Please remove all-your-clothes before replying.

  4. Re: DivIDE / FATware / 128K mode: Possible?

    Tim Fardell wrote:
    > On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:09:15 +0000, Rich Mellor
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Only the DivIDE Plus will work from within the 128K mode I am afraid.
    >> The original DivIDE is limited to 48K mode only. I presume you have the
    >> original DivIDE.

    > Yes, it is the original DivIDE board.
    >
    > The annoying thing is it so tantalisingly *nearly* works! Everything
    > looks normal, you can pick things off the menu, and move around within
    > the BASIC program. But type in a command, and instead of executing it,
    > it just beeps and goes straight back to the Editor again!
    >
    > What's the current lead time on DivIDE Plus boards?

    The current lead time is in the region of 10-12 weeks. They are,
    however, not boards, but complete interfaces, in a housing !!

    Rich
    http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk

  5. Re: DivIDE / FATware / 128K mode: Possible?

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:16:15 +0000, Rich Mellor
    wrote:

    >Tim Fardell wrote:
    >> What's the current lead time on DivIDE Plus boards?

    >The current lead time is in the region of 10-12 weeks. They are,
    >however, not boards, but complete interfaces, in a housing !!

    Thanks Rich!

    Just in case anyone's wondering what CF card I got that works 100%
    perfectly, it's a Crucial 1GB one, purchased from
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/part...MODULE=CT1GBC1

    --
    Please remove all-your-clothes before replying.

+ Reply to Thread