London meet? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on London meet? - Sinclair ; Long time no Lurk, How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games. Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what? Cheers, Dave ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

  1. London meet?

    Long time no Lurk,

    How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The
    Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games.

    Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    Cheers,
    Dave

    [1] For some values of all.
    [2] Great Portland Street - Euston type area.[3]
    [3] They don't have sewage running down the walls anymore.

    --
    webshed.org - some speccy stuff there eventually.

  2. Re: London meet?

    On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:18:43 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >Dave The Lurker did eloquently scribble:
    >> Long time no Lurk,

    >> How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The
    >> Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games.

    >> Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    >Alas, I won't be coming to anymore london meets...
    >Because I no longer live in london (hurraaaaah! Ed) quiet you.

    Remind us, where are you now?

  3. Re: London meet?

    "Dave The Lurker" wrote:

    > How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in
    > London
    > - The Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy
    > games.

    If it's not the weekend of the 14th (when I'm out of the
    UK), I expect I'll show up.

    Eq.

  4. Re: London meet?

    Lister did eloquently scribble:
    > On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:18:43 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>Dave The Lurker did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Long time no Lurk,

    >>> How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The
    >>> Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games.

    >>> Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    >>Alas, I won't be coming to anymore london meets...
    >>Because I no longer live in london (hurraaaaah! Ed) quiet you.

    > Remind us, where are you now?

    I'll give you clues. Starting with, further to the west than I used to be.

  5. Re: London meet?

    Dave The Lurker wrote:
    > Long time no Lurk,
    >
    > How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The
    > Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games.
    >
    > Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    I'll be there as usual, as long as it doesn't clash with International
    Demoparty Binge Week[0] (14th - 24th March)...

    [0] and-a-bit

  6. Re: London meet?

    wrote in message
    > Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:18:43 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Remind us, where are you now?

    > I'll give you clues. Starting with, further to the west than I used to be.

    Havana?

    Len
    --
    If replying, my address after the @ should
    be replaced with freeserve then .co.uk

  7. Re: London meet?

    Llama-Wax Len did eloquently scribble:
    > wrote in message
    >> Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:18:43 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> Remind us, where are you now?

    >> I'll give you clues. Starting with, further to the west than I used to be.

    > Havana?

    Wayyyyyy too far... and too hot... and too left wing...
    And not quite dragonny or leaky enough.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  8. Re: London meet?

    Llama-Wax Len wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >> Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:18:43 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >>> Remind us, where are you now?

    >> I'll give you clues. Starting with, further to the west than I used to be.

    > Havana?

    Bastard. One post in about 18 months, and you beat me to the "hilarious"
    punchline.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  9. Re: London meet?

    Duncan Snowden did eloquently scribble:
    > Llama-Wax Len wrote:

    >> wrote in message
    >>> Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >>> I'll give you clues. Starting with, further to the west than I used to be.

    >> Havana?

    > Bastard. One post in about 18 months, and you beat me to the "hilarious"
    > punchline.

    That's Len for you...

  10. Re: London meet?

    On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:37:11 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:18:43 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>>Dave The Lurker did eloquently scribble:

    >>>Alas, I won't be coming to anymore london meets...
    >>>Because I no longer live in london (hurraaaaah! Ed) quiet you.

    >> Remind us, where are you now?

    >I'll give you clues. Starting with, further to the west than I used to be.

    Doesn't bother me, spike

  11. Re: London meet?

    Lister did eloquently scribble:
    > Doesn't bother me, spike

    Why did you ask then?
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  12. Re: London meet?

    On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:45:44 +0000, Dave The Lurker wrote:

    > Long time no Lurk,
    >
    > How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The
    > Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games.

    Ooo, I reckon I could just about handle that.

    > Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    No idea. Never had 'em. They sound lovely though.
    --
    Derek Jolly (css at jollyd dot ukfsn dot org)

  13. Re: London meet?

    On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:52:30 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >> Doesn't bother me, spike

    >Why did you ask then?

    I said "remind us", not "remind me"

  14. Re: London meet?

    On 09 Jan 2008 23:28:43 GMT, Derek Jolly
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:45:44 +0000, Dave The Lurker wrote:
    >
    >> Long time no Lurk,
    >>
    >> How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The
    >> Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games.

    >Ooo, I reckon I could just about handle that.
    >
    >> Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    >No idea. Never had 'em. They sound lovely though.

    Indeed they are. I may try and get some (oo-er) today.

  15. Re: London meet?

    Derek Jolly wrote:

    > On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:45:44 +0000, Dave The Lurker wrote:
    >

    > > Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    > No idea. Never had 'em. They sound lovely though.

    I'll try and remember to bring some to the meet. They are rather
    wonderful.

    cheers,
    Dave

  16. Re: London meet?

    Paul E Collins wrote:

    > "Dave The Lurker" wrote:
    >
    > > How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in
    > > London
    > > - The Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy
    > > games.

    > If it's not the weekend of the 14th (when I'm out of the
    > UK), I expect I'll show up.
    >
    > Eq.

    How does either the 1st or the 29th of March suit people then?

    cheers,
    Dave

  17. Re: London meet?

    On Jan 10, 9:48 am, d...@webshed.org (Dave The Lurker) wrote:
    > Paul E Collins wrote:
    >
    > > "Dave The Lurker" wrote:

    > > > How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in
    > > > London
    > > > - The Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy
    > > > games.

    > > If it's not the weekend of the 14th (when I'm out of the
    > > UK), I expect I'll show up.

    > > Eq.

    > How does either the 1st or the 29th of March suit people then?
    >
    > cheers,
    > Dave

    The latter is probably preferable to the former - I'm still feeling a
    bit guilty about missing the Oxford meet. S'the trouble with living
    back up north: London and Oxford are now further away and much more
    expensive to get to! Still, with enough advance warning, I may be
    able to dig out one of the mythical uber-cheap return tickets on the
    train!

  18. Re: London meet?

    Lister did eloquently scribble:
    > On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:52:30 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Doesn't bother me, spike

    >>Why did you ask then?

    > I said "remind us", not "remind me"

    Did anyone else need reminding?
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  19. Re: London meet?

    On 2008-01-10, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> I said "remind us", not "remind me"

    > Did anyone else need reminding?

    About what? Remind me and I'll tell you.

  20. Re: London meet?

    wrote in message
    > Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:52:30 +0000, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote: