London meet? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on London meet? - Sinclair ; "Matthew Westcott" wrote in message news:63smcfF28obl4U1@mid.individual.net... > Dave The Lurker wrote: >> So, replying to my own post, March seems doable for people, providing we >> avoid the middle weekends. I therefore propose Saturday the 29th of >> March afternoon ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 71 of 71

  1. Re: London meet?

    "Matthew Westcott" wrote in message
    > Dave The Lurker wrote:
    >> So, replying to my own post, March seems doable for people, providing we
    >> avoid the middle weekends. I therefore propose Saturday the 29th of
    >> March afternoon time for the meet.
    >>
    >> That's after the demo parties and things, so we might get to see some
    >> nice new demos and stuff.

    > *bump*
    >
    > I guess this is a good time to start reminding people to free up that
    > weekend, if indeed it's still going ahead...
    >
    > Worth announcing on WOS forums too, or is this going to be strictly CSS
    > hardcore only?

    I should be able to make it. What were you referring to re demo parties?
    Also where?

    Peter

    anon_peter@yahoo.co.uk

  2. Re: London meet?

    "Peter Barns" wrote in message

    > "Matthew Westcott" wrote in message
    >> Dave The Lurker wrote:
    >>> So, replying to my own post, March seems doable for people, providing we
    >>> avoid the middle weekends. I therefore propose Saturday the 29th of
    >>> March afternoon time for the meet.
    >>>
    >>> That's after the demo parties and things, so we might get to see some
    >>> nice new demos and stuff.

    >> *bump*
    >>
    >> I guess this is a good time to start reminding people to free up that
    >> weekend, if indeed it's still going ahead...
    >>
    >> Worth announcing on WOS forums too, or is this going to be strictly CSS
    >> hardcore only?

    > I should be able to make it. What were you referring to re demo parties?
    > Also where?
    >
    > Peter
    >
    > anon_peter@yahoo.co.uk

    NB I don't have the beginning of this thread.

  3. Re: London meet?

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:19:32 -0000, "Peter Barns"
    wrote:

    >"Peter Barns" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Matthew Westcott" wrote in message

    >>> *bump*
    >>>
    >>> I guess this is a good time to start reminding people to free up that
    >>> weekend, if indeed it's still going ahead...
    >>>
    >>> Worth announcing on WOS forums too, or is this going to be strictly CSS
    >>> hardcore only?

    >> I should be able to make it. What were you referring to re demo parties?
    >> Also where?
    >>
    >> Peter
    >>
    >> anon_peter@yahoo.co.uk
    >>

    >NB I don't have the beginning of this thread.

    Perhaps I can fly down, if you remind me.

  4. Re: London meet?

    Matthew Westcott wrote:

    > Dave The Lurker wrote:
    > > So, replying to my own post, March seems doable for people, providing we
    > > avoid the middle weekends. I therefore propose Saturday the 29th of
    > > March afternoon time for the meet.
    > >
    > > That's after the demo parties and things, so we might get to see some
    > > nice new demos and stuff.

    > *bump*
    >
    > I guess this is a good time to start reminding people to free up that
    > weekend, if indeed it's still going ahead...
    >
    > Worth announcing on WOS forums too, or is this going to be strictly CSS
    > hardcore only?

    The more the merrier. I'd post it to WOS but I've forgotten my password
    there. Been a while since I last looked over there, keep forgetting.

    cheers,
    Dave

  5. Re: London meet?

    Dave The Lurker wrote:

    > The more the merrier. I'd post it to WOS but I've forgotten my password
    > there. Been a while since I last looked over there, keep forgetting.

    When I started up Thunderbird today, it seemed to have developed
    amnesia. All my accounts, settings and messages were gone. Weirdest
    thing was they were all still there in its directory - it just wasn't
    reading them.

    After about half an hour of trying to persuade it that these were the
    folders it was looking at only last night, I had to give up, set it up
    from scratch and move all the old messages into the new folders. By some
    miracle, I actually remembered the passwords for my active accounts, but
    if I ever want to use aioe.org or my old ConnectFree address again, I'm
    screwed.

    Grr.

    --
    Duncan Snowden. (Having to insert my sig manually because I've just
    realised it's forgotten how to do that too.)

  6. Re: London meet?

    Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > Dave The Lurker wrote:
    >
    >> The more the merrier. I'd post it to WOS but I've forgotten my password
    >> there. Been a while since I last looked over there, keep forgetting.

    > When I started up Thunderbird today, it seemed to have developed
    > amnesia. All my accounts, settings and messages were gone. Weirdest
    > thing was they were all still there in its directory - it just wasn't
    > reading them.
    >
    > After about half an hour of trying to persuade it that these were the
    > folders it was looking at only last night, I had to give up, set it up
    > from scratch and move all the old messages into the new folders. By some
    > miracle, I actually remembered the passwords for my active accounts, but
    > if I ever want to use aioe.org or my old ConnectFree address again, I'm
    > screwed.
    >
    > Grr.

    I've had thunderbird do this to me, for some reason it creates a new
    profile. if you delete the new profile folder, noting down it's name,
    and rename the old folder to the new name everything should appear as it
    was before.

  7. Re: London meet?

    "Lister" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:19:32 -0000, "Peter Barns"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Peter Barns" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Matthew Westcott" wrote in message

    >>> I should be able to make it. What were you referring to re demo parties?
    >>> Also where?
    >>>
    >>> Peter
    >>>
    >>> anon_peter@yahoo.co.uk
    >>>

    >>NB I don't have the beginning of this thread.

    > Perhaps I can fly down, if you remind me.

    So where is this London meet and how do I get there?

    Peter

  8. Re: London meet?

    Peter Barns wrote:

    > So where is this London meet and how do I get there?

    The Green Man, opposite Great Portland Street tube station... starting
    off around 2-3pm I expect.

    Re demo parties - the two in question are http://forever.zeroteam.sk/
    and http://breakpoint.untergrund.net/. There weren't a huge amount of
    new releases at Forever, and I'm not sure that Breakpoint will have a
    massive Speccy presence either - but if I get my act together, then I
    may have something new and demo-ish to show there...

  9. Re: London meet?

    Matthew Westcott wrote:
    > Re demo parties - the two in question are http://forever.zeroteam.sk/
    > and http://breakpoint.untergrund.net/. There weren't a huge amount of
    > new releases at Forever, and I'm not sure that Breakpoint will have a
    > massive Speccy presence either - but if I get my act together, then I
    > may have something new and demo-ish to show there...

    (um, 'there' being the London meet rather than Breakpoint)

  10. Re: London meet?

    This may(*) give me another opportunity to get my battery-operated
    Spectrum working, after I quite singularly failed to solder the 9V
    regulator to the motorcycle battery in time for the last Oxford meet.

    (*) "May" being the operative word -- as in, afer April.

  11. Re: London meet?

    >afer April.

    If I buy my keyboard from "Afer" Daley, is it any wonder it doesn't
    work?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4