London meet? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on London meet? - Sinclair ; Chris Young wrote: > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:46:15 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' > to MC Andrew Owen: > >> I can bring the internet > > What, all of it? He's probably got a backup ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

  1. Re: London meet?

    Chris Young wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:46:15 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Andrew Owen:
    >
    >> I can bring the internet

    > What, all of it?

    He's probably got a backup on a floppy.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  2. Re: London meet?

    "Duncan Snowden" wrote in message
    news:47854360$0$1340$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere. com...

    > Bastard. One post in about 18 months, and you beat me to the "hilarious"
    > punchline.

    Comedy is all about timing. I've been building up to that punchline for 18
    months.

    Len
    --
    If replying, my address after the @ should
    be replaced with freeserve then .co.uk

  3. Re: London meet?

    "Ian Rawlings" wrote in message
    news:slrnfol3vi.oja.news06@desktop.tarcus.org.uk.. .

    > (I lived in Scotland for most of my childhood and never met anyone who
    > talked like the broons.

    You didn't?

    Michty me, ah'm black affronted.

    Len
    --
    If replying, my address after the @ should
    be replaced with freeserve then .co.uk

  4. Re: London meet?

    On 2008-01-14, Llama-Wax Len wrote:

    >> (I lived in Scotland for most of my childhood and never met anyone who
    >> talked like the broons.

    > You didn't?

    Maybe I just didn't notice, probably talked like it myself! No pipe,
    tweed hat and moustache though.

  5. Re: London meet?

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:23:52 +0000, Ian Rawlings
    wrote:

    >On 2008-01-14, Llama-Wax Len wrote:
    >
    >>> (I lived in Scotland for most of my childhood and never met anyone who
    >>> talked like the broons.

    >> You didn't?

    >Maybe I just didn't notice, probably talked like it myself! No pipe,
    >tweed hat and moustache though.

    I'm pretty sure I don't talk like the Broons.

  6. Re: London meet?

    On 2008-01-14, Lister wrote:

    >>Maybe I just didn't notice, probably talked like it myself! No pipe,
    >>tweed hat and moustache though.

    > I'm pretty sure I don't talk like the Broons.

    But you do have the tweed hat, pipe and moustache? (Note, only the
    hat is tweed, not the pipe and moustache)

  7. Re: London meet?

    On 2008-01-12, Chris Young wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:46:15 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Andrew Owen:
    >
    >> I can bring the internet

    > What, all of it?

    Just one of the internets, surely?

    --
    From the sunny Isle of Man.

  8. Re: London meet?

    "Duncan Snowden" wrote in message
    news:478b9b0e$0$1344$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere. com...
    > Chris Young wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:46:15 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    >> rappin'
    >> to MC Andrew Owen:
    >>
    >>> I can bring the internet

    >> What, all of it?

    Reminds me of the urban legend about a woman who asked if she could
    "download the Internet".

  9. Re: London meet?

    Chris Young wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:46:15 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin'
    > to MC Andrew Owen:
    >
    >> I can bring the internet

    > What, all of it?

    Yes all of it. Although it looks like a normal 3G modem, in actual fact
    it is a pocket universe containing a microscopic complete and up-to-date
    copy of the internet.

  10. Re: London meet?

    "Andrew Owen" wrote ...

    > Chris Young wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:46:15 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    >> rappin'
    >> to MC Andrew Owen:
    >>
    >>> I can bring the internet

    >> What, all of it?

    > Yes all of it. Although it looks like a normal 3G modem, in actual fact it
    > is a pocket universe containing a microscopic complete and up-to-date copy
    > of the internet.

    That is rather large. I have the entire internet (all seven of them)
    inscribed on the head of a pin.

    If you can get Captain Kirk to loan you one of the modems from the
    transporter room of an Enterprise class starship I would be happy to email a
    copy to you.
    --
    Best regards,

    Sam Gillett

    Change is inevitable,
    except from vending machines!

  11. Re: London meet?

    Dave The Lurker wrote:

    > Long time no Lurk,
    >
    > How about sometime in March we all[1] meet up in a pub in London - The
    > Greenman[2] perhaps, and drink beer and play speccy games.
    >
    > Also, Tyrrells Jalapeno and Lemon crisps, wonderful or what?

    So, replying to my own post, March seems doable for people, providing we
    avoid the middle weekends. I therefore propose Saturday the 29th of
    March afternoon time for the meet.

    That's after the demo parties and things, so we might get to see some
    nice new demos and stuff.

    cheers,
    Dave

  12. Re: London meet?

    Duncan Snowden wrote:

    > He's probably got a backup on a floppy.

    Hi Duncan!

    Blimey... my whole life-work would fit on one of it ;-)
    (text, music...)

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  13. Re: London meet?

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 15 Jan
    2008 21:45:08 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "Ayatollah of rock 'n' roller"
    fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >Reminds me of the urban legend about a woman who asked if she could
    >"download the Internet".

    That's not urban legend. I get asked the same thing most weeks.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

  14. Re: London meet?

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:58:44 +0000, Ian Rawlings
    wrote:

    >On 2008-01-14, Lister wrote:
    >
    >>>Maybe I just didn't notice, probably talked like it myself! No pipe,
    >>>tweed hat and moustache though.

    >> I'm pretty sure I don't talk like the Broons.

    >But you do have the tweed hat, pipe and moustache? (Note, only the
    >hat is tweed, not the pipe and moustache)

    Well, I *do* have a flat cap somewhere. It belonged to my grandfather

  15. Re: London meet?

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:33:17 GMT, "Sam Gillett"
    wrote:

    >"Andrew Owen" wrote ...
    >
    >> Chris Young wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:46:15 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    >>> rappin'
    >>> to MC Andrew Owen:

    >>> What, all of it?

    >> Yes all of it. Although it looks like a normal 3G modem, in actual fact it
    >> is a pocket universe containing a microscopic complete and up-to-date copy
    >> of the internet.

    >That is rather large. I have the entire internet (all seven of them)
    >inscribed on the head of a pin.
    >
    >If you can get Captain Kirk to loan you one

    Gah, LEND!

  16. Re: London meet?

    Lister wrote:

    > Gah, LEND!

    LISTER!!!!
    --

  17. Re: London meet?

    On 18 Jan 2008 14:14:51 GMT, "Daniel Mandic"
    wrote:

    >Lister wrote:
    >
    >> Gah, LEND!

    >LISTER!!!!

    Erm, yes?

  18. Re: London meet?

    Lister wrote:

    > Erm, yes?

    Nothing On Topic... just a gloss.

    (don't feed the trolls)

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  19. Re: London meet?

    On 20 Jan 2008 10:24:31 GMT, "Daniel Mandic"
    wrote:

    >Lister wrote:
    >
    >> Erm, yes?

    >Nothing On Topic... just a gloss.
    >
    > (don't feed the trolls)

    Eh?

  20. Re: London meet?

    Dave The Lurker wrote:
    > So, replying to my own post, March seems doable for people, providing we
    > avoid the middle weekends. I therefore propose Saturday the 29th of
    > March afternoon time for the meet.
    >
    > That's after the demo parties and things, so we might get to see some
    > nice new demos and stuff.

    *bump*

    I guess this is a good time to start reminding people to free up that
    weekend, if indeed it's still going ahead...

    Worth announcing on WOS forums too, or is this going to be strictly CSS
    hardcore only?