Dreams and Portents - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Dreams and Portents - Sinclair ; Hullo, Over christmas I had a dream.[1] In it there was a small bird, warbler-like in a bush and it was making lots of funny noises. Then it started singing just like the loading tone from a Speccy. Highly bizarre ...

  1. Dreams and Portents

    Hullo,

    Over christmas I had a dream.[1] In it there was a small bird,
    warbler-like in a bush and it was making lots of funny noises. Then it
    started singing just like the loading tone from a Speccy.

    Highly bizarre I thought, and indeed a nearby speccy (no idea what it
    was doing there) was picking it up and loading. Intrigued I tried to get
    closer and record the song with my mobile phone but, naturally, soon as
    I tried to record it the bird buggered off.

    What could this mean? What wonderful (or horrific) code was this bird
    broadcasting? Is this the first instance of avian data transmission that
    doesn't involve RFC1149?

    Frink

    [1] That wasn't about little speccy users and little commodore users
    holding hands together as sisters and brothers.

    --
    Doctor J. Frink : 'Rampant Ribald Ringtail'
    See his mind here : http://www.cmp.liv.ac.uk/frink/

  2. Re: Dreams and Portents

    On 2008-01-07, Doctor J. Frink wrote:

    > What could this mean? What wonderful (or horrific) code was this bird
    > broadcasting? Is this the first instance of avian data transmission that
    > doesn't involve RFC1149?

    I reckon it had swallowed Bugaboo the Flea and he was trying to save a
    snapshop for posterity.

    > [1] That wasn't about little speccy users and little commodore users
    > holding hands together as sisters and brothers.

    That's brothers and sisters, not the other way around, Commodore users
    are girls!