ZX81 Chopper Drop released - Sinclair

This is a discussion on ZX81 Chopper Drop released - Sinclair ; Hi everyone, It's been a long time coming, but it's finished. Introducing a brand new game for the 16k ZX81, and the first ZX81 game release for 2008. CHOPPER DROP 3000 The game was co-written by myself and Andre***. I ...

  1. ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    Hi everyone,
    It's been a long time coming, but it's finished.

    Introducing a brand new game for the 16k ZX81, and the first ZX81 game
    release for 2008.

    CHOPPER DROP 3000

    The game was co-written by myself and Andre***. I did most of the
    original coding, graphics, and animation. Andre*** streamlined much of
    the code and allowed the game to be very playable on a stock 16k ZX81.
    However, if you have an emulator that can emulate the ZX81 at a faster
    speed, I highly recommend that you give the game a go accelerated. You
    won't be disappointed.

    The Game: You are the pilot of the RODO 3000, a highly advanced
    military helicopter. Your mission is to destroy all the attacking
    tanks. You are also being attacked from a high flying UFT which drops
    bombs from above.

    There are both English and French versions in .p format available from
    here:

    http://tinyurl.com/2fpasj

    or here:

    http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/F...eSharing6.html

    Finally, I wanted to thank Andre*** for all his time and effort. It
    was fun working with him on this project and I certainly learnt a lot.

    Please download and enjoy.

    Philip

  2. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 05:43:44 -0800 (PST), Nama
    wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >It's been a long time coming, but it's finished.
    >
    >Introducing a brand new game for the 16k ZX81, and the first ZX81 game
    >release for 2008.
    >
    >CHOPPER DROP 3000

    Ooer!

  3. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    hi philip, hi andre***!

    i really enjoing this game. good work. i don´t understand (at the
    moment) most of the code by andre*** , but learning is a lifework ;-) .

    greeting
    jens

  4. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    On Jan 7, 8:50*pm, david lightman wrote:
    > hi philip, hi andre***!
    >
    > i really enjoing this game. good work. i don´t understand (at the
    > moment) most of the code by andre*** , but learning is a lifework ;-) .
    >
    > greeting
    > jens

    I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
    I believe it is better that 95% of all games for the ZX81. If it had
    been released 25 years ago, I'd have made my fortune ;-)

  5. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    > hi philip, hi andre***!
    >
    > i really enjoing this game. good work. i don´t understand (at the
    > moment) most of the code by andre*** , but learning is a lifework ;-) .
    >
    > greeting
    > jens

    >> I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
    >> I believe it is better that 95% of all games for the ZX81. If it had
    >> been released 25 years ago, I'd have made my fortune ;-)

    .... And André*** the main publisher.
    Good Job Philip and André.

    Your software will be available on André's web site... as soon as.
    Xav.

  6. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    On Jan 10, 1:28*am, "GzavSnap" wrote:
    > > hi philip, hi andre***!

    > > i really enjoing this game. good work. i don´t understand (at the
    > > moment) most of the code by andre*** , but learning is a lifework ;-) .

    > > greeting
    > > jens
    > >> I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
    > >> I believe it is better that 95% of all games for the ZX81. If it had
    > >> been released 25 years ago, I'd have made my fortune ;-)

    > ... And André*** the main publisher.
    > Good Job Philip and André.
    >
    > Your software will be available on André's web site... as soon as.
    > Xav.

    I'w was assuming with all Andre's great games he would have made his
    fortune long before I had ;-)

  7. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    On Jan 10, 1:28*am, "GzavSnap" wrote:
    > > hi philip, hi andre***!

    > > i really enjoing this game. good work. i don´t understand (at the
    > > moment) most of the code by andre*** , but learning is a lifework ;-) .

    > > greeting
    > > jens
    > >> I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
    > >> I believe it is better that 95% of all games for the ZX81. If it had
    > >> been released 25 years ago, I'd have made my fortune ;-)

    > ... And André*** the main publisher.
    > Good Job Philip and André.
    >
    > Your software will be available on André's web site... as soon as.
    > Xav.

    I was assuming with all Andre's great games he would have made his
    fortune long before I had ;-)

  8. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    Hi Philip and Andre***

    you really made a nice game for the good old Zeddy. And because I like
    to play Zeddy games on a Zeddy (not a windoofs pc with an emulator), I
    had no chance tho increase the speed of the game (even Wilf's "nearly
    no wait"-circuit does not help). There is so much action in that game,
    that even Andre could not speed it up enough to have really action on
    a real Zeddy.

    So I took MCODER II and are now trying to compile that program.
    I had to change some instructions, that were too complicated for
    MCODER to understand (-> but Andre*** understands them ;-). And since
    that compiler uses integer-arithmetic, I had to change some
    calculations and to throw out the delay-functions "SIN" and
    "COS" (replaced them by the integer-SQR).
    Now the program compiles, but due to memory size the basic source and
    the compiler use the 16K Basic ram, while the compiled code currently
    runs above 32K.
    And now the speed is like of those old ARCADE games ;-) and I probably
    have to add some delay loops :-)

    Hopefully I get the compiled program (without source) to run in the
    normal Basic 16K ram.
    Work is going on ....

    Siggi

    siggi
    ( aatt )
    zx81
    ( ddoott )
    de

  9. Re: ZX81 Chopper Drop released

    On Jan 19, 6:21*pm, siggi wrote:
    > Hi Philip and Andre***
    >
    > you really made a nice game for the good old Zeddy. And because I like
    > to play Zeddy games on a Zeddy (not a windoofs pc with an emulator), I
    > had no chance tho increase the speed of the game (even Wilf's "nearly
    > no wait"-circuit does not help). There is so much action in that game,
    > that even Andre could not speed it up enough to have really action on
    > a real Zeddy.
    >
    > So I took MCODER II and are now trying to compile that program.
    > I had to change some instructions, that were too complicated for
    > MCODER to understand (-> but Andre*** understands them ;-). And since
    > that compiler uses integer-arithmetic, I had to change some
    > calculations and to throw out the delay-functions "SIN" and
    > "COS" (replaced them by the integer-SQR).
    > Now the program compiles, but due to memory size the basic source and
    > the compiler use the 16K Basic ram, while the compiled code currently
    > runs above 32K.
    > And now the speed is like of those old ARCADE games ;-) and I probably
    > have to add some delay loops :-)
    >
    > Hopefully I get the compiled program (without source) to run in the
    > normal Basic 16K ram.
    > Work is going on ....
    >
    > Siggi
    >
    > siggi
    > ( aatt )
    > zx81
    > ( ddoott )
    > de

    Wow!!!
    That's amazing! I'd be extremely excited to see this working. My
    original intent was to use Mcoder II to compile the game, but I could
    not get it to work, and couldn't figure out why.

    I'm sending you a private email incase there is anything I can do to
    help.

    Philip

+ Reply to Thread