Final Fight & Street Fighter 2 - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Final Fight & Street Fighter 2 - Sinclair ; Hi, I have searched in vain for either of the above games in TZX format, clearly they are protected by the ELSPA or other software body, but I laugh when I see the amount of Arcade and SNES rom links ...

  1. Final Fight & Street Fighter 2

    Hi,
    I have searched in vain for either of the above games in TZX format, clearly
    they are protected by the ELSPA or other software body, but I laugh when I
    see the amount of Arcade and SNES rom links that come back, yet the humble
    Speccy versions are not anywhere!
    I own both in physical tape format and wondered how I go about getting the
    file across to a PC? I used to use Z80 in the early 90's and had an adaptor
    that used to go in the printer port and converted loads of games myself
    (this was before I had access to the net!) but I have no idea where it is
    these days!
    Please let me know if someone can help out one way or another, just want to
    see them going on my DS with ZXDS!
    Cheers,
    Paul

  2. Re: Final Fight & Street Fighter 2

    Paul Cawley did eloquently scribble:
    > Hi,
    > I have searched in vain for either of the above games in TZX format, clearly
    > they are protected by the ELSPA or other software body, but I laugh when I
    > see the amount of Arcade and SNES rom links that come back, yet the humble
    > Speccy versions are not anywhere!

    They were, prolly still are. distribution denied stuff crops up
    occasionally. WOS however is not the place to look for the obvious reason.
    It's nowt to do with elspa or FAST or any of those scummy organisations.

    WOS is just an ethical website, preferring to remove things if someone
    denies distribution. It keeps the good will in the scene. And eventually,
    they may see this and cancel the denial.

    > I own both in physical tape format and wondered how I go about getting the
    > file across to a PC? I used to use Z80 in the early 90's and had an adaptor
    > that used to go in the printer port and converted loads of games myself
    > (this was before I had access to the net!) but I have no idea where it is
    > these days!

    There're various things you can do. Some emulators can even load the
    thing in straight from the tape via the audio port, but if not you need to
    do something like this...

    first, sample it as a wav file
    Then, run the wav through a program like maketzx
    How you get them onto the DS however, I'm sure you know more about that than
    I do.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Final Fight & Street Fighter 2

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 4 Jan
    2008 15:09:42 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "Paul Cawley" fornis do
    marikano es bono tan el:

    >Hi,
    >I have searched in vain for either of the above games in TZX format, clearly
    >they are protected by the ELSPA or other software body, but I laugh when I
    >see the amount of Arcade and SNES rom links that come back, yet the humble
    >Speccy versions are not anywhere!
    >I own both in physical tape format and wondered how I go about getting the
    >file across to a PC? I used to use Z80 in the early 90's and had an adaptor
    >that used to go in the printer port and converted loads of games myself
    >(this was before I had access to the net!) but I have no idea where it is
    >these days!
    >Please let me know if someone can help out one way or another, just want to
    >see them going on my DS with ZXDS!
    >Cheers,
    >Paul

    Interestingly (but perhaps not for you), the Speccy version of SFII was
    mentioned, along with a screenshot, in this month's EGM - a US videogame
    magazine for those not in the know.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]