    comp.sys.sinclair with paranoid fantasies, can someone tell me where
    he lives so I can go to his house and have him sectioned?

  2. Re: Mike Corley

    On 2008-01-02, OwenBot wrote:

    > Right, now we know the name of the troll that's gumming up
    > comp.sys.sinclair with paranoid fantasies, can someone tell me where
    > he lives so I can go to his house and have him sectioned?

    He's already a known nutcase, not much point clogging up this
    newsgroup with posts about him clogging up this newsgroup ;-)

    I have never seen any of his posts other than when someone reposts
    them, your ISP can't be filtering out news spam very well.

  3. Re: Mike Corley

    I've not seen them either, and if Virgin can do it, anyone can!

    Oh, and Happy new Year.

    Brian

    --
    Brian Gaff - briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    in the display name may be lost.
    "Ian Rawlings" wrote in message
    news:slrnfnnvgb.oja.news06@desktop.tarcus.org.uk.. .
    > On 2008-01-02, OwenBot wrote:
    >
    >> Right, now we know the name of the troll that's gumming up
    >> comp.sys.sinclair with paranoid fantasies, can someone tell me where
    >> he lives so I can go to his house and have him sectioned?

    > He's already a known nutcase, not much point clogging up this
    > newsgroup with posts about him clogging up this newsgroup ;-)
    >
    > I have never seen any of his posts other than when someone reposts
    > them, your ISP can't be filtering out news spam very well.
    >
    > --
    > Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

  4. Re: Mike Corley

    Maybe its time for a short Usenet educational message to be posted for all
    those who think they are reading this as theythink its run by Google.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "OwenBot" wrote in message
    > Right, now we know the name of the troll that's gumming up
    > comp.sys.sinclair with paranoid fantasies, can someone tell me where
    > he lives so I can go to his house and have him sectioned?

  5. Re: Mike Corley

    No, I was here before Google Groups even existed, I just haven't got
    around to setting up my newsreader. In fact I forgot to ask if
    Vodafone even has a news server.

    On Jan 3, 10:13*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
    > Maybe its time for a short Usenet educational message to be posted for all
    > those who think they are reading this as theythink its run by Google.

  6. Re: Mike Corley

    I did not know Voda were an isp either.

    Mind you if Tesco sell houses. I look forward to a Sinclair Turkey any
    Christmas soon.

    Brian

    --
    "OwenBot" wrote in message
    No, I was here before Google Groups even existed, I just haven't got
    around to setting up my newsreader. In fact I forgot to ask if
    Vodafone even has a news server.

    On Jan 3, 10:13 am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
    > Maybe its time for a short Usenet educational message to be posted for all
    > those who think they are reading this as theythink its run by Google.

  7. Re: Mike Corley

    On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:49:21 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Brian Gaff:

    > I look forward to a Sinclair Turkey any Christmas soon.

    And the QL wasn't it?

    (ducks)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  8. Re: Mike Corley

    Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:49:21 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Brian Gaff:

    >> I look forward to a Sinclair Turkey any Christmas soon.

    > And the QL wasn't it?

    No, that was the C5.
    The QL was underrated but good (once its rom was production ready... which
    occurred about 6 months after release)

  9. Re: Mike Corley

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:49:21 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    >> to MC Brian Gaff:

    >>> I look forward to a Sinclair Turkey any Christmas soon.

    >> And the QL wasn't it?

    > No, that was the C5.
    > The QL was underrated but good (once its rom was production ready... which
    > occurred about 6 months after release)

    At least with the QL they shipped the finished ROM. They never did with
    the speccy.

  10. Re: Mike Corley

    Andrew Owen did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    >>> On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:49:21 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    >>> to MC Brian Gaff:

    >>> And the QL wasn't it?

    >> No, that was the C5.
    >> The QL was underrated but good (once its rom was production ready... which
    >> occurred about 6 months after release)

    > At least with the QL they shipped the finished ROM. They never did with
    > the speccy.

    Oh, they released updated ROMS...
    But the "finished" roms still had bugs and inimplemented features, apart
    from maybe the MG foreign ones...

    Took about 10 years for someone to release a 3rd party ROM that was VERY
    nice. Even to the point of doing something the QL should've been doing from
    early on... Multitasking basic...

    Minerva ROM... excellent.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  11. Re: Mike Corley

    You find too many bones in the QL.

    I think the nearest thing if we use the folly meaning of turkey was the C5,
    or at least when it was launched. I mean, dragging us all to Ally Pally a
    few days aftere a Microfair at the same venue in the snow?

    "Chris Young" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:49:21 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Brian Gaff:
    >
    >> I look forward to a Sinclair Turkey any Christmas soon.

    > And the QL wasn't it?
    >
    > (ducks)
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > --
    > | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    > | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    > | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    > +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+
    >
    > DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

  12. Re: Mike Corley

    If you speak to a programmer then you will know that no software is ever
    finished in their eyes... Its often a commercial decision. The plus three
    rom was very obviously going to have lots of file handling stuff under
    basic, but they wanted the machine out there...