The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest - Sinclair

This is a discussion on The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest - Sinclair ; X-No-Archive: yes Our ancestors did worship the divine Spectrum millenia ago at Stonehenge. It's the ultimate Celtic artifact, Clive Sinclair was inspired by the gods to create this wonderful, divine machine. The C64, however, is just crap and for us, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

  1. The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Our ancestors did worship the divine Spectrum millenia
    ago at Stonehenge. It's the ultimate Celtic artifact, Clive
    Sinclair was inspired by the gods to create this wonderful,
    divine machine.

    The C64, however, is just crap and for us, C64 users
    are sinners who must be converted to the Spectrum.

    If they don't want to believe in the Spectrum, well,
    then they have to be executed.

    The Sinclair Spectrum is the one and only computer!

    Believe in the power of the Spectrum or die!

  2. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    On Dec 30, 5:43*am, "Spectrum Priest"
    wrote:

    > Our ancestors did worship the divine Spectrum millenia
    > ago at Stonehenge. It's the ultimate Celtic artifact, Clive
    > Sinclair was inspired by the gods to create this wonderful,
    > divine machine.
    >
    > The C64, however, is just crap and for us, C64 users
    > are sinners who must be converted to the Spectrum.
    >
    > If they don't want to believe in the Spectrum, well,
    > then they have to be executed.
    >
    > The Sinclair Spectrum is the one and only computer!
    >
    > Believe in the power of the Spectrum or die!

    Ginve me some good reasons to convert, or I will oust you from this
    group. But I'm not converting! Show me a Spectrum in action and I
    may let you stay.

  3. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    "Spectrum Priest" wrote in message

    > Our ancestors did worship the divine Spectrum millenia
    > ago at Stonehenge. It's the ultimate Celtic artifact, Clive
    > Sinclair was inspired by the gods to create this wonderful,
    > divine machine.
    >
    > The C64, however, is just crap and for us, C64 users
    > are sinners who must be converted to the Spectrum.
    >
    > If they don't want to believe in the Spectrum, well,
    > then they have to be executed.
    >
    > The Sinclair Spectrum is the one and only computer!
    >
    > Believe in the power of the Spectrum or die!

    Do we NEED another flame war?

    I don't think anyone from our side or the C64 side is that interested...

  4. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    > Our ancestors did worship the divine Spectrum millenia
    > ago at Stonehenge. It's the ultimate Celtic artifact, Clive
    > Sinclair was inspired by the gods to create this wonderful,
    > divine machine.
    >
    > The C64, however, is just crap and for us, C64 users
    > are sinners who must be converted to the Spectrum.
    >
    > If they don't want to believe in the Spectrum, well,
    > then they have to be executed.
    >
    > The Sinclair Spectrum is the one and only computer!
    >
    > Believe in the power of the Spectrum or die!

    Why do you guys have to start these flame-worthy newsgroup posts every so
    often? Don't you realize that they just cause hostility between the
    Commodore and the Sinclair groups? Give it a rest. You think that your
    machines are best.. that's okay... We think ours are the best, that's okay
    too.. Just don't drag us all into your argument/chest thumping.

  5. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Jonathan Herr did eloquently scribble:
    > Why do you guys have to start these flame-worthy newsgroup posts every so
    > often?

    WE didn't.
    The moron's a troll, I think he's probably that anagram troll moron or a
    relative of him. He's certainly not one of our regulars.

  6. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Yawn....

  7. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    And though, the new year didn't start yet....

  8. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    I'm really confirmed, if anyone thinks his/her computer is the best one
    ever, no one will steel my SINCLAIR ZX81 ;-))

    Peter
    --
    http:/www.zx81.de

  9. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Peter Liebert-Adelt wrote:

    > I'm really confirmed, if anyone thinks his/her computer is the best one
    > ever, no one will steel my SINCLAIR ZX81 ;-))

    I can't find a single reason why this should be of any interest to the
    guys in comp.sys.cbm.

    --
    | ||_ (o) __ __ __ | Biggo. Strattinare
    | |'o\| |/o \/o \/o \ | Se/quando c'e', c'e'
    | |._/|_|\__/\__/\__/ |
    | /_/ /_/ | *Si vis pacem, para papunzi

  10. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 wrote:

    >The moron's a troll, I think he's probably that anagram troll moron or a
    >relative of him. He's certainly not one of our regulars.

    What's really sad about 8-bit advocacy wars is the ages of the
    participants. With most advocacy trolls you can dismiss it as 'kids
    being kids' but the whole ZX vs CBM thing is something else.

    Let's be generous and assume that the original poster was a bright kid
    but a late starter to 8-bit, getting his first Spectrum in 1990 at the
    age of 8. That makes him 26. If, as is more likely, he caught the
    Sinclair bug in the early 80s as a late pre-teen or early teen, that
    makes him something like 33-34, possibly much older, carrying on an
    immature pissing contest that's been going on for a quarter century.

    A psychoanalyst's dream.

    --
    Kev
    "Although I am seeking an accounting job, the fact that I have no actual

  11. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Kevin Reilly did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 wrote:

    >>The moron's a troll, I think he's probably that anagram troll moron or a
    >>relative of him. He's certainly not one of our regulars.

    > What's really sad about 8-bit advocacy wars is the ages of the
    > participants. With most advocacy trolls you can dismiss it as 'kids
    > being kids' but the whole ZX vs CBM thing is something else.

    > Let's be generous and assume that the original poster was a bright kid
    > but a late starter to 8-bit, getting his first Spectrum in 1990 at the
    > age of 8. That makes him 26. If, as is more likely, he caught the
    > Sinclair bug in the early 80s as a late pre-teen or early teen, that
    > makes him something like 33-34, possibly much older, carrying on an
    > immature pissing contest that's been going on for a quarter century.

    Of course, the other alternative which seems much more likely is someone
    who's never owned ANY 8bit machine and just posted that to cause trouble.

  12. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Of course, the other alternative which seems much more likely is
    > someone who's never owned ANY 8bit machine and just posted that to
    > cause trouble.

    Hi Spike!

    In my childhood I used various analog computer, mainly
    asking-giving question Games. E.g. Nature, Animals, and
    other Question sheets, you put over the analog circuit.
    Getting a light when answering right, etc.

    but the VCS came along, ~1978/79 ;-)
    and ~1984 the 48K Sinclair Spectrum.
    1991 the AMIGA
    and PC's for daily work (yawn) and COM, since ~1993.
    text stays text, who cares....

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  13. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    As a C64 user I would like the ZX Spectrum a lot more if it didn't have
    this "to type a command find the right key" system.

    --
    Etienne von Wettingfeld [Mac OS X Leopard]
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/etiennewettingfeld

  14. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:

    > As a C64 user I would like the ZX Spectrum a lot more if it didn't
    > have this "to type a command find the right key" system.

    You have answered yourself?

    --

  15. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Etienne von Wettingfeld did eloquently scribble:
    > As a C64 user I would like the ZX Spectrum a lot more if it didn't have
    > this "to type a command find the right key" system.

    Then get a 128k machine
    it has 2 modes, 128k mode with full access to the 128 features and a proper
    type-it-all entry system, or 48k with its single keyword entry system.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  16. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    In article <477810c2$0$23430$91cee783@newsreader02.highway.tel ekom.at>,
    "Daniel Mandic" wrote:

    > Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:
    >
    > > As a C64 user I would like the ZX Spectrum a lot more if it didn't
    > > have this "to type a command find the right key" system.

    > You have answered yourself?

    No, I haven't. But if I ask the question how to turn it off maybe you
    can.

    I have a ZX Spectrum 128, in 128 mode you can type normaly, but the 48
    mode only accepts commands I eneter using the right key. When you know
    all the right keys I'm sure it's a fast way to program, but when just
    trying to learn the ZX's BASIC I just want to find out what all the
    commands do, not spend time searching the keyboard.

    --
    Etienne von Wettingfeld [Mac OS X Leopard]
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/etiennewettingfeld

  17. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Etienne von Wettingfeld wrote:

    > I have a ZX Spectrum 128, in 128 mode you can type normaly, but the
    > 48 mode only accepts commands I eneter using the right key. When you
    > know all the right keys I'm sure it's a fast way to program, but when
    > just trying to learn the ZX's BASIC I just want to find out what all
    > the commands do, not spend time searching the keyboard.

    http://www.wearmouth.demon.co.uk/

    The Gosh Wonderful BASIC ROM Assembly File

    You can try it on an emulator or do a new ROM to
    your Speccy.

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  18. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    "Daniel Mandic" napísal

    > In my childhood I used various analog computer, mainly
    > asking-giving question Games. E.g. Nature, Animals, and
    > other Question sheets, you put over the analog circuit.
    > Getting a light when answering right, etc.

    In my childhood I used to play even mechanical automats russian made. I
    remember a fighter simulator where you had to shoot enemy fighters all
    mechanical made. Also submarine simulator was cool, you fire thorpedos on
    enemy ships which were mechanical and the thorpedos were simulated by some
    lights on surface.

  19. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 wrote:

    >Of course, the other alternative which seems much more likely is someone
    >who's never owned ANY 8bit machine and just posted that to cause trouble.

    I'd like to believe anyone young and inexperienced enough to still get
    their kicks from trolling wouldn't have the first clue about 8-bit
    format wars, and would be far more likely to target current music or
    movie newsgroups with their flame-bait. I could be wrong, though. Usenet
    is a strange and unpredictable place.

    --
    Kev
    "Eye drops off shelf."

  20. Re: The Sinclair Spectrum is the best, forget the rest

    Kevin Reilly did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 wrote:

    >>Of course, the other alternative which seems much more likely is someone
    >>who's never owned ANY 8bit machine and just posted that to cause trouble.

    > I'd like to believe anyone young and inexperienced enough to still get
    > their kicks from trolling wouldn't have the first clue about 8-bit
    > format wars, and would be far more likely to target current music or
    > movie newsgroups with their flame-bait. I could be wrong, though. Usenet
    > is a strange and unpredictable place.

    Also recall the entire archive is available on google groups.
    Trolls prolly search for groups that have flamewars, then just post to them
    randomly with something in the hope of sparking one.

    Note that he's not responded since he started the thread.
    Common that, with trolls.
    | in |good to you so far... |

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast