What about SpeccyBob? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on What about SpeccyBob? - Sinclair ; Hello all, I recently came across a Spanish site that hosts the schematic for this Spectrum clone (gracias a todos!). ISTR that something in this clone is missing, or not working really good: other than that, it should be circa ...

  1. What about SpeccyBob?

    Hello all, I recently came across a Spanish site that hosts the
    schematic for this Spectrum clone (gracias a todos!).

    ISTR that something in this clone is missing, or not working really
    good: other than that, it should be circa 99% compatible with our
    Beloved.

    Since I have got many spare IC laying around in my little laboratory,
    I'd like to know if someone has got some corrections for the original
    SpeccyBob project, so I could find some spare time to work on it and
    maybe build a prototype... I think it may give me some fun :-)

    TIA!
    Mentore

  2. Re: What about SpeccyBob?

    On Dec 20, 1:22*pm, Mentore wrote:
    > Hello all, I recently came across a Spanish site that hosts the
    > schematic for this Spectrum clone (gracias a todos!).
    >
    > ISTR that something in this clone is missing, or not working really
    > good: other than that, it should be circa 99% compatible with our
    > Beloved.
    >
    > Since I have got many spare IC laying around in my little laboratory,
    > I'd like to know if someone has got some corrections for the original
    > SpeccyBob project, so I could find some spare time to work on it and
    > maybe build a prototype... I think it may give me some fun :-)
    >
    > TIA!
    > Mentore

    The SpeccyBob timings weren't perfect as I recall. It's full
    functional though and has been used as the basis of the Italian clone
    'Chrome'.

    http://aticatac.altervista.org/mainframe.htm

    An alternate project which is more accurate is 'Harlequin':

    http://www.zxdesign.info/

  3. Re: What about SpeccyBob?

    On 21 Dic, 12:53, OwenBot wrote:

    > The SpeccyBob timings weren't perfect as I recall. It's full
    > functional though and has been used as the basis of the Italian clone
    > 'Chrome'.
    >
    > http://aticatac.altervista.org/mainframe.htm
    >
    > An alternate project which is more accurate is 'Harlequin':
    >
    > http://www.zxdesign.info/

    Hi Owen, I was about to start SpeccyBob just because it's made of
    simple spare parts (which I should have plenty of; even RAM, ROM and a
    Z80 A from a died Spectrum should be available somewhere).

    WRT Chrome, it's GREAT, but I need to program the logical chip, a not
    so trivial job to complete for me :-( and yes, Harlequin is really
    fine for me, but will try it after Speccybob.

    Seems you forgot Badaloc :-)

    Mentore

  4. Re: What about SpeccyBob?

    On Dec 21, 1:40*pm, Mentore wrote:
    > On 21 Dic, 12:53, OwenBot wrote:
    >
    > > The SpeccyBob timings weren't perfect as I recall. It's full
    > > functional though and has been used as the basis of the Italian clone
    > > 'Chrome'.

    > >http://aticatac.altervista.org/mainframe.htm

    > > An alternate project which is more accurate is 'Harlequin':

    > >http://www.zxdesign.info/

    > Hi Owen, I was about to start SpeccyBob just because it's made of
    > simple spare parts (which I should have plenty of; even RAM, ROM and a
    > Z80 A from a died Spectrum should be available somewhere).
    >
    > WRT Chrome, it's GREAT, but I need to program the logical chip, a not
    > so trivial job to complete for me :-( and yes, Harlequin is really
    > fine for me, but will try it after Speccybob.
    >
    > Seems you forgot Badaloc :-)

    I'd forgotten about it. It's not as high profile as the others.

+ Reply to Thread