Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone? - Sinclair ; I bought one of these off ebay a few months ago - non working home built and poorly soldered too! You ask "why"?? Why not? I have found the reset circuit isnt working and can bypass that, but its got ...

  1. Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone?

    I bought one of these off ebay a few months ago - non working home
    built and poorly soldered too!

    You ask "why"?? Why not?

    I have found the reset circuit isnt working and can bypass that, but
    its got other faults too (Like a blank picture!). Its got a lot of
    paperwork with it on how to build it but no circuit diagram.

    The website, http://www.zx80.it/ comes up just blank and I cant seem
    to find one on the net.

    Has anyone got one they can send me or point me in the right direction
    to get one??

    Cheers,

    Dicky

  2. Re: Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone?

    Hello

    Maybe this web can help you

    http://home.micros.users.btopenworld.com/zx80/zx80.html

    Bye

    José Leandro

  3. Re: Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone?

    hi dicky!

    i bought one too and the ram, z80-cpu and the eprom (!) wasn´t working.
    after changing them everything works fine (a friend of mine burns the
    eprom)! there ist no circuit diagram as far as i know. but it ist vey
    similar to the zx80.

    a while ago i try to reach the firm via internet and email - nothing...

    maybe the zx-team germany can fix it at the next meeting - send an email
    to me or to peter - www.zx81.de

    greetings
    jens

  4. Re: Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone?

    Thanks for the feedback.

    I'm not sure what you mean about the emailing

    > maybe the zx-team germany can fix it at the next meeting - send an email
    > to me or to peter -www.zx81.de

    Is this to request we try to get hold of a diagram or something else??
    If you mean repair it - i can do that but it would be easier with a
    circuit diagram thats all!!

    Cheers,

    dicky

  5. Re: Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone?

    hi!

    >> maybe the zx-team germany can fix it at the next meeting - send an email
    >> to me or to peter -www.zx81.de

    that means that you are invited to visit us in germany at the meeting or
    send it to us to fix it.

    > If you mean repair it - i can do that

    that´s great. but you´re right - it would be better with the circut
    diagram ;-)

    greetings
    jens

  6. Re: Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone?

    Hi there, it's me, Peter from ZX-TEAM ;-))))))

    > that´s great. but you´re right - it would be better with the circut
    > diagram ;-)

    Please try to compare the ICs from your TL801 with the ZX80 schematics
    and component layout, you will find both at www.zx81.de.

    Then you may be able to decide, if there will be great differences
    between ZX80 and TL801.

    I'm sure Jens will bring his TL801 to our 12th ZX-TEAM-meeting next
    april and we will "reverse engineer" it a little bit.
    May be I will not find too much time for this because I'm the organiser,
    quartermaster, cook ..... of this meeting. But we will have two other
    dozens of helpfull and crazy ZX-TEAM-members who will do it.

    Sinclairly yours

    Peter
    --
    2008 april 11-13:
    12th ZX-TEAM-meeting in the heart of Germany --> www.zx81.de

  7. Re: Anyone got a circuit diagram of a TL801 ZX80 clone?

    Peter & Jens.

    WOW! thank you for the invitation and offer - if it was more local to
    me - I would be there LOL!!

    I will do what you recommend and compare the circuit diagrams. The
    board layout is quite different though. LUckily, I do have a ZX80
    should I need to compare the actual boards at all.

    I will carry on and let you know how I get on, however, I am currently
    making a compact flash board for my spectrum and going away for xmas
    so it may be a little while!

    Thanks again for the advice.

    dicky

+ Reply to Thread