CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left! - Sinclair ; Crap games have been literally flooding in over the last couple of weeks, resulting in a more than 50% increase in crap games for our judging pleasure. There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON GUYS/GALS, THIS IS ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

  1. CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    Crap games have been literally flooding in over the last couple of
    weeks, resulting in a more than 50% increase in crap games for our
    judging pleasure. There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON
    GUYS/GALS, THIS IS PATHETIC! The lowest ever was 21 entries back in
    2002, so I want to at least match that.

    Amongst the new games is our first ZX81 entry which is set to become
    the winner of the ZX81 category by default unless I get some more.

    Anyway, the screenshots and synopsisisssisisises are up on the website
    at http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co....cgi?year=2007
    As always, how to enter and the rules are at
    http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk/?pg=cgc2007

    Chris

  2. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    > Crap games have been literally flooding in over the last couple of
    > weeks, resulting in a more than 50% increase in crap games for our
    > judging pleasure. There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON
    > GUYS/GALS, THIS IS PATHETIC! The lowest ever was 21 entries back in
    > 2002, so I want to at least match that.

    Well, you're the one who decided to set the end date so early.
    The csscgc doesn't traditionally end until at least 2 months into the
    following year.
    :-p

  3. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    "Chris Young" wrote:

    > There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON GUYS/GALS,
    > THIS IS PATHETIC! The lowest ever was 21 entries back in
    > 2002, so I want to at least match that.

    Perhaps I will finally cast off the mantle of "organiser of the least
    enthusiasm-inspiring CSSCGC"!

    Eq.

  4. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    "Chris Young" wrote:

    > There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON GUYS/GALS,
    > THIS IS PATHETIC!

    P.S. It's only a hunch, but I think that preventing downloads of the
    games until after the contest might have made people less interested
    in visiting or contributing.

    Eq.

  5. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    Paul E Collins did eloquently scribble:
    > "Chris Young" wrote:

    >> There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON GUYS/GALS,
    >> THIS IS PATHETIC!

    > P.S. It's only a hunch, but I think that preventing downloads of the
    > games until after the contest might have made people less interested
    > in visiting or contributing.

    Quite.

    | in |good to you so far... |

  6. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    >> There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON GUYS/GALS,
    >> THIS IS PATHETIC!

    > P.S. It's only a hunch, but I think that preventing downloads of the games
    > until after the contest might have made people less interested in visiting
    > or contributing.

    Ahhhhhh. I thought I was looking in the wrong place for the download
    button!!!

    C.

  7. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 13:02:19 +0000 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > Well, you're the one who decided to set the end date so early.
    > The csscgc doesn't traditionally end until at least 2 months into the
    > following year.
    > :-p

    Yes, but that's due to incompetence on the part of the organiser.[1]
    It's always supposed to finish about two months before it actually
    does.

    But it's a fair point.

    Chris

    [1] I'm not excluding myself from organiser incompetence, I'm just
    planning on being incompetent at something other than ending the compo
    two months late.

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  8. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    "Paul E Collins" wrote in news:n_adnS_
    9fsuTLszaRVnyuAA@bt.com:

    > "Chris Young" wrote:
    >
    >> There are now 14 entries in total - COME ON GUYS/GALS,
    >> THIS IS PATHETIC!

    > P.S. It's only a hunch, but I think that preventing downloads of the
    > games until after the contest might have made people less interested
    > in visiting or contributing.

    Yes. It also means you can't... ahem... "borrow" ideas from anyone else's
    games, meaning that you actually have to THINK of a crap game.

    Are the "advanced spectrum emulators" still banned?
    --
    http://www.mercuryvapour.co.uk <-- Main site.
    http://www.scribcam.co.uk <----- Webcam. Eww.

  9. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    I just submitted "Evel Knievel One-Liner Bus Jumping".

  10. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:46:32 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Scribbler:

    > Yes. It also means you can't... ahem... "borrow" ideas from anyone else's
    > games, meaning that you actually have to THINK of a crap game.

    That should be seen as a positive. You can still "borrow" ideas from
    2006 or earlier. Actually, what we lack in quantity has been more
    than made up for in the quality of the submissions so far. That might
    change when Derek Jolly sends me some pornography[1].

    > Are the "advanced spectrum emulators" still banned?

    Depends whether you want the booby prize of hosting next year's compo.

    Chris
    [1] This has nothing to do with the CGC though.

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  11. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 05:03:18 -0800 (PST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Digital Prawn:

    > I just submitted "Evel Knievel One-Liner Bus Jumping".

    Got it, thanks (and up on the site already - aren't we being
    efficient today?). That brings the total up to a slightly more
    respectable 15.

    I'm not sure why I'm complaining about the lack of entries as it means
    less time spent on judging them.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  12. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    > Got it, thanks (and up on the site already - aren't we being
    > efficient today?). That brings the total up to a slightly more
    > respectable 15.
    >
    > I'm not sure why I'm complaining about the lack of entries as it means
    > less time spent on judging them.
    >
    > Chris

    Thanks Chris,

    Indeed, that was an impressively fast website update you did there.

    On reading your comment about the lack of ZX81 games, I have now also
    submitted "The Quest for the Golden Egg" to you. (for the 1K ZX81)

    Cheers, DP

  13. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:05:43 -0800 (PST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Digital Prawn:

    > Indeed, that was an impressively fast website update you did there.

    Thanks. I've done it again

    > On reading your comment about the lack of ZX81 games, I have now also
    > submitted "The Quest for the Golden Egg" to you. (for the 1K ZX81)

    Hmm, I can't help thinking that a ZX81 version of Evel Knievel would
    have been more entertaining. Or Evel Knievel: The Text Adventure or
    something. In fact, anything at all would have been more interesting
    than some sort of electronic easter egg hunt.

    But never mind, it's probably more worthy of the ZX81 category title
    than Lights Out.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  14. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:37:25 GMT, "Chris Young"
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:05:43 -0800 (PST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    >to MC Digital Prawn:
    >
    >> Indeed, that was an impressively fast website update you did there.

    >Thanks. I've done it again

    Shirley you mean "oops, I did it again"?

  15. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    "Chris Young" wrote:

    > > Indeed, that was an impressively fast website update you did
    > > there.

    > Thanks. I've done it again

    Updated my site
    And added your game
    Oh baby baby

    Eq.

  16. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On 2 Dec, 17:37, "Chris Young" wrote:
    > Hmm, I can't help thinking that a ZX81 version of Evel Knievel would
    > have been more entertaining. Or Evel Knievel: The Text Adventure or
    > something. In fact, anything at all would have been more interesting
    > than some sort of electronic easter egg hunt.

    Thanks for the update again.

    Yes, I agree that this sure is an awful game, you are right there!

  17. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:45:34 -0000, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:

    >"Chris Young" wrote:
    >
    >> > Indeed, that was an impressively fast website update you did
    >> > there.

    >> Thanks. I've done it again

    >Updated my site
    >And added your game
    >Oh baby baby
    >
    >Eq.

    Muhh, you're worse than me

  18. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:05:26 -0800 (PST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Digital Prawn:

    > > In fact, anything at all would have been more interesting
    > > than some sort of electronic easter egg hunt.

    > Yes, I agree that this sure is an awful game, you are right there!

    I may have been a little hard on it earlier, it seems that somebody
    thinks it is the best of the lot (but they aren't judging, so what do
    they know?)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  19. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    Hmmm

    I'll have to pull me finger out and think of something even crapper !

    Regards Andy

    "Chris Young" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:05:43 -0800 (PST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin'
    > to MC Digital Prawn:
    >
    >> Indeed, that was an impressively fast website update you did there.

    > Thanks. I've done it again
    >
    >> On reading your comment about the lack of ZX81 games, I have now also
    >> submitted "The Quest for the Golden Egg" to you. (for the 1K ZX81)

    > Hmm, I can't help thinking that a ZX81 version of Evel Knievel would
    > have been more entertaining. Or Evel Knievel: The Text Adventure or
    > something. In fact, anything at all would have been more interesting
    > than some sort of electronic easter egg hunt.
    >
    > But never mind, it's probably more worthy of the ZX81 category title
    > than Lights Out.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > --
    > | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" |
    > | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk |
    > | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
    > +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+
    >
    > DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again.

  20. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On 2 Dec, 22:02, "Chris Young" wrote:

    > I may have been a little hard on it earlier,

    You were right to be! At least the game provoked some honest
    As an amusing side note, I since found some bugs in the game, so it's
    worse than even I thought it was.
    I have to admit though that a part of me likes this simple game for
    some twisted reason, and I'm glad someone else "liked" it.
    I can't realisitically see it being universally popular for some
    reason though.

    On 2 Dec, 22:31, "andy" wrote:
    > Hmmm

    > I'll have to pull me finger out and think of something even crapper !
    >
    > Regards Andy

    Good Luck, I do look forward to browsing through any possible further
    entries,

    Regards, DP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast