CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left! - Sinclair ; Chris Young wrote: > No responsibility for Rolos damaged in transit or eaten by the postman > will be accepted by the organisers. That's me had it, then. Our postman's shocking. He'd scoff 'em without a second thought. Or a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    Chris Young wrote:

    > No responsibility for Rolos damaged in transit or eaten by the postman
    > will be accepted by the organisers.

    That's me had it, then. Our postman's shocking. He'd scoff 'em without a
    second thought. Or a first one, come to think of it. He doesn't strike
    me as exactly the intellectual type. More the "Oi, you spilt my bird"
    type, that one.

    (Never actually entering the compo doesn't help either, of course. -Ed.)

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  2. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    Digital Prawn wrote:

    > I just submitted "Evel Knievel One-Liner Bus Jumping".

    Read his obituary in the Telegraph. It's... oh, just read it:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../01/db0104.xml

    "... Then he embarked on a successful career as a safe cracker, working
    mainly in Oregon. He also had spells as a bank robber, swindler and
    pickpocket. After several narrow escapes from the law, he decided to go
    straight and settled at Moses Lake, Washington, where he worked as a car
    dealer. Prospective customers could obtain a discount of $100 if they
    defeated him at arm wrestling.

    "Knievel meanwhile had kept up his youthful proficiency with
    motorcycles, and in 1965 set up his own troupe of stunt riders, The
    Daredevils, who toured the Western states as a latter-day mechanised
    rodeo. However, one by one the riders dropped out, unwilling to keep up
    with someone whose idea of crowd-pleasing was being strapped to a
    parachute and then towed behind a drag-racer at 200 miles per hour.

    "... He married his childhood sweetheart Linda Bork in 1959. She fell
    for his romantic nature after he kidnapped her three times."

    The man was a hero and an inspiration to us all.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  3. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 15:14:49 +0000, Chris Young wrote:

    > On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 12:46:32 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were
    > rappin' to MC Scribbler:
    >
    >> Yes. It also means you can't... ahem... "borrow" ideas from anyone
    >> else's games, meaning that you actually have to THINK of a crap game.

    > That should be seen as a positive. You can still "borrow" ideas from
    > 2006 or earlier. Actually, what we lack in quantity has been more than
    > made up for in the quality of the submissions so far. That might change
    > when Derek Jolly sends me some pornography[1].

    ....if I ever get round to writing some.

    > [1] This has nothing to do with the CGC though.

    Er, quite.
    --
    Derek Jolly (css at jollyd dot ukfsn dot org)

  4. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    "andy" wrote in

    > Hmmm

    > I'll have to pull me finger out and think of something even crapper !
    >
    > Regards Andy

    Well, I've managed to get my own finger out and finish my six-months-in-
    the-making entry. It's really good.

    So good, in fact, that I forgot to attach it the first time I submitted it.
    Whoops.

    --
    http://www.mercuryvapour.co.uk - Yaaaaaaaay

  5. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    I'm claiming the prize for best vapourware. I just cracked off rather
    an amusing little game, just to have Spin 0.622 crash on me, and I
    *really* can't be bothered to type out all those ****ing DATA
    statements all over again.

  6. Re: CSSCGC 2007 update - only two weeks left!

    On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 07:11:27 -0800 (PST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC A. J. Moss:

    > I'm claiming the prize for best vapourware. I just cracked off rather
    > an amusing little game, just to have Spin 0.622 crash on me, and I
    > *really* can't be bothered to type out all those ****ing DATA
    > statements all over again.

    So the two you sent yesterday aren't it?

    Chris
    PS I've extended the compo for a week while the judges get their act
    together.

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2