What's this game? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on What's this game? - Sinclair ; Wondered if you kind folks could help identify a Spectrum game I used to play many, many years ago. It was a futuristic sports game, two player (may have been a single player mode, I'm not sure) and was like ...

  1. What's this game?

    Wondered if you kind folks could help identify a Spectrum game I used
    to play many, many years ago. It was a futuristic sports game, two
    player (may have been a single player mode, I'm not sure) and was like
    some kind of cross between ice hockey and pool. Each player controlled
    a hovering disc-like object and took turns at extending a line from
    their disc which controlled the direction and power of the movement of
    the disc. The aim was to hit a ball into the opponents goal. It had a
    side-on pseudo-3d view of the game arena, scrolling at least left and
    right to follow the action.

    I thought it was called Xenon or Zenon, but now I'm searching for it,
    but the games I'm finding with those names aren't it.

    I think we got the game as part of a 100-games-for-a-tenner pack. No
    idea who the publisher was.

    Does this ring any bells?

    Thanks!
    Paul

  2. Re: What's this game?

    I exactly know what you mean, It's by Quicksilva I think, but I am not able
    to recall the name for the world !

    napísal v správe
    > Wondered if you kind folks could help identify a Spectrum game I used
    > to play many, many years ago. It was a futuristic sports game, two
    > player (may have been a single player mode, I'm not sure) and was like
    > some kind of cross between ice hockey and pool. Each player controlled
    > a hovering disc-like object and took turns at extending a line from
    > their disc which controlled the direction and power of the movement of
    > the disc. The aim was to hit a ball into the opponents goal. It had a
    > side-on pseudo-3d view of the game arena, scrolling at least left and
    > right to follow the action.
    >
    > I thought it was called Xenon or Zenon, but now I'm searching for it,
    > but the games I'm finding with those names aren't it.
    >
    > I think we got the game as part of a 100-games-for-a-tenner pack. No
    > idea who the publisher was.
    >
    > Does this ring any bells?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Paul

  3. Re: What's this game?

    Xeno !!!

    "Bohus Král" napísal v správe
    >I exactly know what you mean, It's by Quicksilva I think, but I am not able
    >to recall the name for the world !

    > napísal v správe
    >> Wondered if you kind folks could help identify a Spectrum game I used
    >> to play many, many years ago. It was a futuristic sports game, two
    >> player (may have been a single player mode, I'm not sure) and was like
    >> some kind of cross between ice hockey and pool. Each player controlled
    >> a hovering disc-like object and took turns at extending a line from
    >> their disc which controlled the direction and power of the movement of
    >> the disc. The aim was to hit a ball into the opponents goal. It had a
    >> side-on pseudo-3d view of the game arena, scrolling at least left and
    >> right to follow the action.
    >>
    >> I thought it was called Xenon or Zenon, but now I'm searching for it,
    >> but the games I'm finding with those names aren't it.
    >>
    >> I think we got the game as part of a 100-games-for-a-tenner pack. No
    >> idea who the publisher was.
    >>
    >> Does this ring any bells?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Paul

  4. Re: What's this game?

    On Nov 28, 11:51 am, Bohus Král wrote:
    > Xeno !!!

    That's the one! Top game. Thanks for that!

    Paul

  5. Re: What's this game?

    In article <96ecef2d-d130-4770-9c15-a80ccbb4c630
    @j44g2000hsj.googlegroups.com>, pault1@gmail.com says...
    > Wondered if you kind folks could help identify a Spectrum game I used
    > to play many, many years ago. It was a futuristic sports game, two
    > player (may have been a single player mode, I'm not sure) and was like
    > some kind of cross between ice hockey and pool. Each player controlled
    > a hovering disc-like object and took turns at extending a line from
    > their disc which controlled the direction and power of the movement of
    > the disc. The aim was to hit a ball into the opponents goal. It had a
    > side-on pseudo-3d view of the game arena, scrolling at least left and
    > right to follow the action.
    >
    > I thought it was called Xenon or Zenon, but now I'm searching for it,
    > but the games I'm finding with those names aren't it.
    >
    > I think we got the game as part of a 100-games-for-a-tenner pack. No
    > idea who the publisher was.
    >
    > Does this ring any bells?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Paul

    What's this group coming to? Where's the "it's definitely not Stonkers"?

    --
    "Please be informed that Port 80 is meant only for the FTP files
    upload."

  6. Re: What's this game?

    On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:20:56 +0000, Mal F wrote:

    > What's this group coming to? Where's the "it's definitely not Stonkers"?

    It's definitely not Stonkers. It's not Advanced Lawnmower Simulator
    either, more's the pity.

    I believe it's Xeno which was worryingly addictive.
    --
    Derek Jolly (css at jollyd dot ukfsn dot org)

  7. Re: What's this game?

    Derek Jolly did eloquently scribble:
    > On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:20:56 +0000, Mal F wrote:

    >> What's this group coming to? Where's the "it's definitely not Stonkers"?

    > It's definitely not Stonkers. It's not Advanced Lawnmower Simulator
    > either, more's the pity.

    You'll be telling us it's not top shelf challenge next...

  8. Re: What's this game?

    On 06 Dec 2007 22:11:11 GMT, Derek Jolly
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:20:56 +0000, Mal F wrote:
    >
    >> What's this group coming to? Where's the "it's definitely not Stonkers"?

    >It's definitely not Stonkers. It's not Advanced Lawnmower Simulator
    >either, more's the pity.
    >
    >I believe it's Xeno which was worryingly addictive.

    Jolly addictive, shirley?

  9. Re: What's this game?

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > You'll be telling us it's not top shelf challenge next...

    No, but I will: it's not top shelf challenge.

    ^_^

  10. Re: What's this game?

    Robert Newson wrote:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> You'll be telling us it's not top shelf challenge next...

    > No, but I will: it's not top shelf challenge.
    >
    > ^_^

    definitely not

    --
    link my boring website http://alistairsserver.no-ip.org/

  11. Re: What's this game?

    On 06 Dec 2007 22:11:11 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Derek Jolly:

    > It's not Advanced Lawnmower Simulator either, more's the pity.

    Talking of which, here's a slightly posh review of ALS I stumbled
    over: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-eGMyYcFZyw

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  12. Re: What's this game?

    On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:19:43 +0000, Robert Newson wrote:

    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> You'll be telling us it's not top shelf challenge next...

    > No, but I will: it's not top shelf challenge.
    >
    > ^_^

    Of course not. That's even more worryingly addictive than Xeno.

    ....or just more worrying, or something.
    --
    Derek Jolly (css at jollyd dot ukfsn dot org)

+ Reply to Thread