Spectrum +3 Manual - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Spectrum +3 Manual - Sinclair ; I have just bought a Spectrum +3 without the user manual. I have read the manual in text format. Does anyone have a +3 manual. I am going to program some eproms and upgrade it to a +3e. Has anyone ...

  1. Spectrum +3 Manual

    I have just bought a Spectrum +3 without the user manual. I have read the manual
    in text format.

    Does anyone have a +3 manual.

    I am going to program some eproms and upgrade it to a +3e. Has anyone done the
    upgrade.

    Derek

  2. Re: Spectrum +3 Manual

    "Derek Stewart" wrote in message

    > Does anyone have a +3 manual.

    I have a +2e manual, which could serve as a +3 manual? It's a tad broken
    though, with pages missing? Nothing important, fortunately, but it's in a
    bit of a state?

    > I am going to program some eproms and upgrade it to a +3e. Has anyone done
    > the upgrade.

    I have a +3e? A guy called Dave did the upgrade for me? It involved adding
    an IDE controller to the z80 and then swapping the ROMs around? It's not a
    job for the faint-hearted, but well worth it for the results? The +3e really
    is a nice machine?

    D?

  3. Re: Spectrum +3 Manual

    Dunny wrote:
    > "Derek Stewart" wrote in message
    >
    >> Does anyone have a +3 manual.

    > I have a +2e manual, which could serve as a +3 manual? It's a tad broken
    > though, with pages missing? Nothing important, fortunately, but it's in a
    > bit of a state?
    >
    >> I am going to program some eproms and upgrade it to a +3e. Has anyone done
    >> the upgrade.

    > I have a +3e? A guy called Dave did the upgrade for me? It involved adding
    > an IDE controller to the z80 and then swapping the ROMs around? It's not a
    > job for the faint-hearted, but well worth it for the results? The +3e really
    > is a nice machine?
    >
    > D?

    Bad enough he gets his questions and sentences mixed up but now you're
    doing it too? Don't you think it's annoying. Can bad punctuation b'e
    irritating! I t:hink it c@N. When cuppled with b@d speling evn moarso

  4. Re: Spectrum +3 Manual

    Marko wrote:
    > Dunny wrote:
    >> "Derek Stewart" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Does anyone have a +3 manual.

    >> I have a +2e manual, which could serve as a +3 manual? It's a tad broken
    >> though, with pages missing? Nothing important, fortunately, but it's in a
    >> bit of a state?
    >>
    >>> I am going to program some eproms and upgrade it to a +3e. Has anyone done
    >>> the upgrade.

    >> I have a +3e? A guy called Dave did the upgrade for me? It involved adding
    >> an IDE controller to the z80 and then swapping the ROMs around? It's not a
    >> job for the faint-hearted, but well worth it for the results? The +3e really
    >> is a nice machine?
    >>
    >> D?
    >>

    > Bad enough he gets his questions and sentences mixed up but now you're
    > doing it too? Don't you think it's annoying. Can bad punctuation b'e
    > irritating! I t:hink it c@N. When cuppled with b@d speling evn moarso

    ....Or are the two of you just Australian?

  5. Re: Spectrum +3 Manual

    I am in the process of upgrading a +2A. Just waiting for the ROMS to
    arrive and am currently sorting out the PCB for the IDE interface,
    though I might change it for the Compact flash one as I have a load of
    32mb flash cards and they will draw less power than the HDD! Il let
    you know how I get on when I am up and running!

    Dicky

    > I have a +3e? A guy called Dave did the upgrade for me? It involved adding
    > an IDE controller to the z80 and then swapping the ROMs around? It's not a
    > job for the faint-hearted, but well worth it for the results? The +3e really
    > is a nice machine?
    >
    > D?

  6. Re: Spectrum +3 Manual

    dickydodds wrote:
    > I am in the process of upgrading a +2A. Just waiting for the ROMS to
    > arrive and am currently sorting out the PCB for the IDE interface,
    > though I might change it for the Compact flash one as I have a load of
    > 32mb flash cards and they will draw less power than the HDD! Il let
    > you know how I get on when I am up and running!
    >
    > Dicky
    >
    >> I have a +3e? A guy called Dave did the upgrade for me? It involved adding
    >> an IDE controller to the z80 and then swapping the ROMs around? It's not a
    >> job for the faint-hearted, but well worth it for the results? The +3e really
    >> is a nice machine?
    >>
    >> D?

    I have an eprom programmer and can do the rom upgrade myself. When I have time I
    am looking to add an IDE interface and 3.5" floppy drive.

    I was thinking about having dual slimline disk drives, inside the +3 case. But
    the connections for disk drive 2 would have to come from the rear external
    connection.

    Derek

+ Reply to Thread