A bit of a 'newbie' question... - Sinclair

This is a discussion on A bit of a 'newbie' question... - Sinclair ; Do the later 'Amstrad' Spectrum models that are styled after the CPC work with an Amstrad CPC power supply and monitor? Was just wondering as I was considering getting one and was hoping I could simply unplug my CPC CPU ...

  1. A bit of a 'newbie' question...

    Do the later 'Amstrad' Spectrum models that are styled after the CPC
    work with an Amstrad CPC power supply and monitor? Was just wondering
    as I was considering getting one and was hoping I could simply unplug
    my CPC CPU and plug in a Spectrum instead. I tried looking for photos
    of the rear panel online but couldn't seem to find any. Thanks in
    advance! :-)

  2. Re: A bit of a 'newbie' question...

    Simple answer, no.

    You might be able to make a patch lead for the monitor. I do not know enough
    about the Amstrad supply, but it hada modulator in it I believe, the
    Spectrum modulator was on the pcb of the computer.

    Brian

    Email: briang1@blueyonder.co.uk

    "skylarking" wrote in message
    > Do the later 'Amstrad' Spectrum models that are styled after the CPC
    > work with an Amstrad CPC power supply and monitor? Was just wondering
    > as I was considering getting one and was hoping I could simply unplug
    > my CPC CPU and plug in a Spectrum instead. I tried looking for photos
    > of the rear panel online but couldn't seem to find any. Thanks in
    > advance! :-)

  3. Re: A bit of a 'newbie' question...

    You can make a patch lead for the monitor. But you could add a stereo
    sound circuit instead and rewire the port to drive the monitor
    directly. I did that on a +2 once.

+ Reply to Thread