ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5 - Sinclair

This is a discussion on ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5 - Sinclair ; For those who avoid WoS. I got a copy of OS X 10.5 last week, and I spent part of my Diwali holiday writing a Quick Look plugin for SCR files. It works with standard SCR files, and the Timex ...

  1. ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5

    For those who avoid WoS.

    I got a copy of OS X 10.5 last week, and I spent part of my Diwali
    holiday writing a Quick Look plugin for SCR files. It works with
    standard SCR files, and the Timex high colour and high res variants.
    As well as 'press space for Quick Look', the plugin provides previews
    in column and cover flow views. It also gives SCR files thumbnail
    icons.

    Download a copy, expand it, and place it in /Library/QuickLook or ~/
    Library/QuickLook. I put up some screenshots of it in action, in case
    anyone without Leopard wants to see what I'm wittering on about.

    Download:

    Screenshots:

  2. Re: ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:12:51 -0800 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > It works with [...] the Timex high colour and high res variants.

    Where are the tech details for these? Might be worth adding them to
    my SCR Datatype when I get chance/some example files.

    Chris (fully expecting to be directed to the FAQ)

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  3. Re: ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5

    Chris Young wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:12:51 -0800 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC :
    >
    >> It works with [...] the Timex high colour and high res variants.

    > Where are the tech details for these? Might be worth adding them to
    > my SCR Datatype when I get chance/some example files.
    >
    > Chris (fully expecting to be directed to the FAQ)

    As you wish:

    Fred

  4. Re: ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5

    On 12 Nov, 08:56, Fred wrote:
    > As you wish:
    >

    > Fred

    I'll just add to what Fred said. The Timex High Colour mode uses 8x1
    attributes, which are stored in memory from 22528. These attributes
    are laid out in the same unique way as the screen bitmap - ie the
    screen is divided into thirds etc. Timex High Res (512x192 monochrome)
    stores two bitmaps, one in 16384 and the other in 22528. The screen is
    divided into odd and even columns 8 pixels wide. The first bitmap
    stores the even columns, and the other bitmap the odd columns. Once
    again the bitmap is laid out in the normal Spectrum style. The 'hi-res
    colour information that was dumped from port 255' mentioned in Fred's
    link is described in more detail on this page:

    (Scroll down to the 'Screen Modes' section)

    I can post some example high colour, and high res SCR files once I get
    back from work. It's 10am here at the moment, so it'll be a while.

  5. Re: ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:46:36 -0800 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > I can post some example high colour, and high res SCR files once I get
    > back from work. It's 10am here at the moment, so it'll be a while.

    That'll be useful, thanks. No rush, it's one of those things that
    will be added to the queue and implemented when I get round to it.

    But it's a bit easier than Fuse AHI output so will likely end up with
    higher priority than that, which I've been intending to do for a
    number of months now (but then, that's not so bad considering I have
    projects going back years that have never been finished)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  6. Re: ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5

    On 12 Nov, 16:45, "Chris Young" wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:46:36 -0800 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC :
    >
    > > I can post some example high colour, and high res SCR files once I get
    > > back from work. It's 10am here at the moment, so it'll be a while.

    > That'll be useful, thanks. No rush, it's one of those things that
    > will be added to the queue and implemented when I get round to it.

    Here's some Timex SCR files:

    First a high colour image:

    And two high res images. They are the same image, but different colour
    schemes:

    Finally. here's a Quick Look index sheet showing what they should look
    like:

  7. Re: ANN: SCR File Quick Look Plugin for OS X 10.5

    please can you repost the download link?

    thanks in advance,

    Stefano

+ Reply to Thread