[ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. - Sinclair

This is a discussion on [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease. - Sinclair ; Hello, New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07. at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr - AGB graphic card added. - An UDG window creator. Have Fun! Regards. >...

  1. [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hello,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    - AGB graphic card added.
    - An UDG window creator.

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  2. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    On 9 Sep, 09:40, "GzavSnap" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07.
    > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr
    >
    > - AGB graphic card added.
    > - An UDG window creator.
    >
    > Have Fun!
    >
    > Regards.

    Where is the source code?
    (The original is GPL IIRC)
    I am VERY interested in how the ZXPrinter output code works

  3. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    On Sep 9, 1:59 pm, use...@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote:
    > On 9 Sep, 09:40, "GzavSnap" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07.
    > > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    > > - AGB graphic card added.
    > > - An UDG window creator.

    > > Have Fun!

    > > Regards.
    > > >

    > Where is the source code?
    > (The original is GPL IIRC)
    > I am VERY interested in how the ZXPrinter output code works

    I think the file you're looking for is "ModPrinter.bas" in the
    "VB81_RES.zip" file. I'm not sure that you could compile VB81 from the
    resource file and the original code in which case it may be in breach
    of the GPL which the original most definitely is released under.

  4. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    "OwenBot" a écrit dans le message de
    news:1189347297.715198.55820@22g2000hsm.googlegrou ps.com...
    >> On Sep 9, 1:59 pm, use...@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote:

    > > Where is the source code?

    On Chis Cowley's web site for originals codes (link on zx81.vb81.free.fr)
    On the same page regards XuR release.

    > > (The original is GPL IIRC)
    > > I am VERY interested in how the ZXPrinter output code works

    Codes are available on the main web-site.
    If you are interesed in ZxPrinter work, try to google "ZxPrinter sinclair",
    the scanned docs are available in PDF format and wirring diagram too.

    > I think the file you're looking for is "ModPrinter.bas" in the
    > "VB81_RES.zip" file.

    "FrmPrinter.frm" and Outb/Inb in "modz80.bas".
    If you are interested in ZxPrinter transfert protocole,
    we can open a new topic!

    > I'm not sure that you could compile VB81 from the
    > resource file and the original code in which case it may be in breach
    > of the GPL which the original most definitely is released under.

    "it may be in breach of the GPL"...
    Change the name, put his name in the about box, recompile it as is.
    Is in breach of the GPL!
    There's some rules to keep in mind:
    Always ask to use any codes... or try to ask to original author.
    Keep comments and where codes come from (website name, author...)
    But, if you had to retrive exemples, samples of codes or ideas.
    I will happy to help you.

    Xav.

  5. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    GzavSnap did eloquently scribble:

    > "OwenBot" a ?crit dans le message de
    > news:1189347297.715198.55820@22g2000hsm.googlegrou ps.com...
    >>> On Sep 9, 1:59 pm, use...@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote:

    >> > Where is the source code?

    > On Chis Cowley's web site for originals codes (link on zx81.vb81.free.fr)
    > On the same page regards XuR release.

    That's really not good enough to abide by the gpl y'know...
    YOU have to supply the source code in full yourself.

    >> I'm not sure that you could compile VB81 from the
    >> resource file and the original code in which case it may be in breach
    >> of the GPL which the original most definitely is released under.

    > "it may be in breach of the GPL"...
    > Change the name, put his name in the about box, recompile it as is.
    > Is in breach of the GPL!

    Do you know what the GPL entails?
    There's a lot more to it than attribution y'know.

    > There's some rules to keep in mind:
    > Always ask to use any codes... or try to ask to original author.
    > Keep comments and where codes come from (website name, author...)
    > But, if you had to retrive exemples, samples of codes or ideas.
    > I will happy to help you.

    Nope, again, not how the GPL works.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  6. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    On Sep 9, 3:14 pm, OwenBot wrote:
    > On Sep 9, 1:59 pm, use...@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote:
    >

    > > On 9 Sep, 09:40, "GzavSnap" wrote:

    > > > Hello,

    > > > New Vb81 XuR realease 09-09-07.
    > > > at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    > > > - AGB graphic card added.
    > > > - An UDG window creator.

    > > > Have Fun!

    > > > Regards.
    > > > >

    > > Where is the source code?
    > > (The original is GPL IIRC)
    > > I am VERY interested in how the ZXPrinter output code works

    > I think the file you're looking for is "ModPrinter.bas" in the
    > "VB81_RES.zip" file. I'm not sure that you could compile VB81 from the
    > resource file and the original code in which case it may be in breach
    > of the GPL which the original most definitely is released under.

    OK Found it Looks straightforward...

    I was JOKINGLY going to suggest some tried to write a Spectrum/ZX81
    Emulator in BBC BASIC For Windows,
    but given what other people have written with it I am not so sure that
    it would be a joke.

  7. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    usenet@gfarlie.demon.co.uk wrote:
    > I was JOKINGLY going to suggest some tried to write a Spectrum/ZX81
    > Emulator in BBC BASIC For Windows,
    > but given what other people have written with it I am not so sure that
    > it would be a joke.

    Well, over on the WOS forums people have been merrily taking the piss
    out of a 15 year old kid who's trying to make a Spectrum emulator in
    FirstBasic (and apparently not doing too badly at it), so it looks like
    there is still some comedy value in it...

    (This anti-WOS flamebait post was brought to you by the letters A and Y
    and the number 8912.)

  8. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    You've been watching Sinsemilla Street haven't you!?

  9. [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 17-09-07.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    - Tests and debugging.
    (minor release).
    - 09/09/07 release sources available.
    - ZxPrinter examples typed in. (doc. demos + Hrg demos in "P_tools"
    folder.(in Basic=Very slow!))

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  10. Re: [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 21-12-07.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    - Tests and debugging.
    (minor release).
    - 09/09/07 release sources available.

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  11. Re: [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 29-12-07.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    - Use the 64Ram pack to avoid "Pause" problèmes.
    - Tests and debugging.
    (minor release).
    - 09/09/07 release sources available.

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  12. Re: [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 24-05-08.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    - New Text file compiler (Using the ZxToken codes).
    - ZxPrinter fast screen copy.

    - 24/05/08 release sources available.

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  13. Re: [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all Zx81 fans,

    New *TEST* Vb81 XuR realease 26-06-08.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/download/VB81_XuR.zip

    - Able to save a text file and reload it (Using the ZxToken/Text2P
    Ascii codes).
    - Added a debugger in the desassember window.

    * compatibility test on XP.
    * Files explorer (on c:\ root !)
    * debugger address jump.
    * Some save/load little system window: using "cancel" (crash on
    24/05/08 release)
    It seem fixed but, if some of there steel buggy, let me know...

    - Last 24/05/08 allways available on http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  14. Re: [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi,

    Important note:
    To launch all Visual Basic r.5 "ExE" files, you had to install DLLs ( VB5
    fr) ...
    http://fetrmartin.free.fr/Download/DskCenter_Dll.zip
    There Dll are compatibles with Dskcenter, ZxTools and Vb81 XuR projects.

    Without there Dlls, all systems may crash wile double-click on the
    executable file.

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  15. Re: [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 29-06-08.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    - Able to save a text file and reload it.
    (Using the ZxToken/Text2P Ascii codes).
    - Added a debugger in the disassembler window.
    - Minors bugs fixed.

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  16. [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 07-07-08.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  17. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    When are you going to release the source code?

  18. Re: Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi OwenBot,

    | When are you going to release the source code?

    LoL...

    .... Never !
    You're true, the XuR release get a Sub-release like "1.30.3" (Original Chris
    Cowley's release),
    and the sub-release ... "day-month-year".
    I CAN'T occulte the original release , i learned many things while coding my
    "Personal" release.
    I'm not the main VB81 maintener... but, i try to transform the original
    release to make it more attractive.
    It can't be the best Zx81 emulator, but it can be the best coder's tool for
    Zx81.

    But, i will be pleased to know if Chris Cowley follow the XuR releases !

    In case of VbSpec, the original codes and release had been deleted.
    Actuals codes are unavailables...
    Actual maintener had occute the orginal author and the origial Chris's web
    site is down.

    In my case, the original web site seel alive... the original author steel
    the first coder.

    The XunofficialR is a compromise to preserve old and new codes... and
    primary author's codes.
    The main part of VB81 (Z80 emulation) haven't been changed in the XuR
    release!
    It's a wonderfull coding example... and the Chris's work was the XuR base.
    Vb81 XuR can't occulte the Orginal VB81...
    Vb81_XuR_release$= "1.30.3" + "My work!"
    ;-)

    Have Fun!

  19. [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 28-08-08.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    Have Fun!

    Regards.

  20. [ZX81/TS1000 EMULATOR] Vb81 XuR new realease.

    Hi all Zx81 fans,

    New Vb81 XuR realease 1-11-08.
    at http://zx81.vb81.free.fr

    Have Fun!