Looking for BROKEN QL keyboard membranes - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Looking for BROKEN QL keyboard membranes - Sinclair ; Hi, Hi, I want to copy the design and create a new one, a bit of manual work, but I guess it will work. I haven't found the layout of a QL membrane, but a broken one will do. Is ...

  1. Looking for BROKEN QL keyboard membranes

    Hi,

    Hi, I want to copy the design and create a new one, a bit of manual
    work, but I guess it will work. I haven't found the layout of a QL
    membrane, but a broken one will do. Is there anyone who can send me
    his old and usefull piece. Preferrably in the Netherlands ot reduce
    costs for sending.

    Thanks.

    George

  2. Re: Looking for BROKEN QL keyboard membranes

    GdB wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Hi, I want to copy the design and create a new one, a bit of manual
    > work, but I guess it will work. I haven't found the layout of a QL
    > membrane, but a broken one will do. Is there anyone who can send me
    > his old and usefull piece. Preferrably in the Netherlands ot reduce
    > costs for sending.

    I have plenty - yours if you send two IRCs.
    (International reply coupons)

    Tony

    --
    Tony Firshman
    @.co.uk

  3. Re: Looking for BROKEN QL keyboard membranes

    "Tony Firshman" wrote in message
    > GdB wrote:
    >> Hi, I want to copy the design and create a new one, a bit of manual
    >> work, but I guess it will work. I haven't found the layout of a QL
    >> membrane, but a broken one will do. Is there anyone who can send me
    >> his old and useful piece. Preferably in the Netherlands to reduce
    >> costs for sending.
    >>

    > I have plenty - yours if you send two IRCs.

    Why not just ask for a scan of the membranes

  4. Re: Looking for BROKEN QL keyboard membranes

    Kryten did eloquently scribble:
    > "Tony Firshman" wrote in message
    >> GdB wrote:
    >>> Hi, I want to copy the design and create a new one, a bit of manual
    >>> work, but I guess it will work. I haven't found the layout of a QL
    >>> membrane, but a broken one will do. Is there anyone who can send me
    >>> his old and useful piece. Preferably in the Netherlands to reduce
    >>> costs for sending.
    >>>

    >> I have plenty - yours if you send two IRCs.

    > Why not just ask for a scan of the membranes

    Because the membrane isn't 2D, it's multi-layered. Which doesn't translate
    too well in a scan.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  5. Re: Looking for BROKEN QL keyboard membranes

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Kryten did eloquently scribble:
    >> "Tony Firshman" wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> I have plenty - yours if you send two IRCs.

    >> Why not just ask for a scan of the membranes

    > Because the membrane isn't 2D, it's multi-layered. Which doesn't translate
    > too well in a scan.

    Indeed. I suppose I could separate the layers and scan. However *size*
    would not be guaranteed. I have sent him a broken one (and a Spectrum
    one too).

    Tony

    --
    Tony Firshman