YS Compo question - Sinclair

This is a discussion on YS Compo question - Sinclair ; Just a quickie: did YS ever publish the list of winners of their Lean Mean Streakin' Machine competion from YS23 (Nov 87)? I'm curious, because I was one of them and I want to find my name in flashing lights ...

  1. YS Compo question

    Just a quickie: did YS ever publish the list of winners of their Lean Mean
    Streakin' Machine competion from YS23 (Nov 87)? I'm curious, because I was
    one of them and I want to find my name in flashing lights (or, you know,
    boring printed text, whatever). I've been poring over WoS's archive copies
    of the mags for the last hour, and I can't be arsed searching any more.

    My dad stole the filofax. The bastard. (The game's still in a box in my
    flat.)

    Dave Robinson

  2. Re: YS Compo question

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, David Robinson wrote:

    > Just a quickie: did YS ever publish the list of winners of their Lean Mean
    > Streakin' Machine competion from YS23 (Nov 87)? I'm curious, because I was
    > one of them and I want to find my name in flashing lights (or, you know,
    > boring printed text, whatever). I've been poring over WoS's archive copies
    > of the mags for the last hour, and I can't be arsed searching any more.

    As I don't see anyone responding, I'll do the honours.

    The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years (http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/) recently
    had an update which indexed everything that appeared in YS, and
    cross-referenced that info with the page image scans on WoS.

    Compo Winners were usually published about four months after the original
    compo (usually a case of *at least* four months...), so a good place to
    start would be the page for the March 88 issue (issue 27). I've done some
    checking, though, and this is one of those "at least" cases - issue 30 is
    the one you're looking for - take a look yourself from here:

    http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ys30.htm

    Assuming you lived in Hartlepool at the time...

    > My dad stole the filofax. The bastard. (The game's still in a box in my
    > flat.)

    ....although now I'm confused, as the filofax doesn't appear in the compo
    description... I'm hoping the "Streakin' Machine" was a bicycle (but
    of course ) Still, you now have a decent starting point.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/

+ Reply to Thread