How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum? - Sinclair ; X-No-Archive:yes Sacre Bleu! I'm a French chef and I want to cook un Spectrum a la haute cuisine. It's my piece de resistance. I want to cook le Spectrum, so that its meat will melt in your mouth. Mon dieu! ...

  1. How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    X-No-Archive:yes

    Sacre Bleu! I'm a French chef and I want to cook
    un Spectrum a la haute cuisine. It's my piece de resistance.

    I want to cook le Spectrum, so that its meat will melt
    in your mouth.

    Mon dieu! Do you have any recipes for me?

  2. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    On Aug 17, 2:41 am, "Pierre Le Chef"
    wrote:

    > Sacre Bleu! I'm a French chef and I want to cook
    > un Spectrum a la haute cuisine. It's my piece de resistance.
    >
    > I want to cook le Spectrum, so that its meat will melt
    > in your mouth.
    >
    > Mon dieu! Do you have any recipes for me?

    Well the latest craze is to have them blanched.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9574086...7600607571866/

    I serve mine with "Freedom Fries".

    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose

  3. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    I met a French baker while I was in New Zealand. He was very good with
    bread and pastries etc, but he was more like the Swedish Chef with
    everything else. I think he managed to burn water.

  4. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    "OwenBot" wrote in message
    news:1187331837.216600.291680@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...
    >I met a French baker while I was in New Zealand. He was very good with
    > bread and pastries etc, but he was more like the Swedish Chef with
    > everything else. I think he managed to burn water.

    Does french cooking involve anything other than Bread and Pastries?

    Niall

  5. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    On Aug 17, 11:22 pm, "Niall Wallace"
    wrote:
    > "OwenBot" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1187331837.216600.291680@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...
    >
    > >I met a French baker while I was in New Zealand. He was very good with
    > > bread and pastries etc, but he was more like the Swedish Chef with
    > > everything else. I think he managed to burn water.

    > Does french cooking involve anything other than Bread and Pastries?

    Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter. Frankly if you add enough
    wine, garlic and butter you could make anything taste nice.

  6. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    On Aug 18, 9:53 am, OwenBot wrote:

    > Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter. Frankly if you add enough
    > wine, garlic and butter you could make anything taste nice.

    Remember too that, due to the heatsink, the Spectrum is self-basting.
    ZX Spectrum development engineer Stewart Honeyball could utilize this
    feature to cook up a mean beans on toast with a nice cuppa Rosie Lee.

    http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...7571866&size=l

    (from the same photo-set sourced earlier)

  7. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    OwenBot wrote:

    > Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter. Frankly if you add enough
    > wine, garlic and butter you could make anything taste nice.

    You forgot to add small song birds!

    Wayne...

  8. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    On Aug 18, 6:23 pm, Wayne Weedon wrote:
    > OwenBot wrote:
    > > Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter. Frankly if you add enough
    > > wine, garlic and butter you could make anything taste nice.

    > You forgot to add small song birds!
    >
    > Wayne...

    That's true. Although the English only seem to eat birds that make a
    terrible noise, like quails, thus doing everyone with working ears a
    huge favour. I presume the French started eating the pleasant sounding
    ones after Agincourt as payback.

  9. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    OwenBot wrote:

    > On Aug 17, 11:22 pm, "Niall Wallace"
    > wrote:
    >> Does french cooking involve anything other than Bread and Pastries?

    > Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter. Frankly if you add enough
    > wine, garlic and butter you could make anything taste nice.

    If you add enough wine, it doesn't *matter* what it tastes like.

    If you add enough wine, it doesn't matter *what* it tastes like.

    Whatever. 'Nother glash?

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  10. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:56:40 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Duncan Snowden:

    > >> Does french cooking involve anything other than Bread and Pastries?

    > > Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter. Frankly if you add enough
    > > wine, garlic and butter you could make anything taste nice.

    > If you add enough wine, it doesn't *matter* what it tastes like.
    >
    > If you add enough wine, it doesn't matter *what* it tastes like.

    If you add enough wine, chances are the recipe isn't going to turn out
    anything like it was supposed to anyway.

    > Whatever. 'Nother glash?

    Yesh pleash.

    Chrish

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  11. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    On Aug 18, 9:21 pm, "Chris Young"
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 19:56:40 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Duncan Snowden:

    > > Whatever. 'Nother glash?

    > Yesh pleash.
    >
    > Chrish

    Reminds me of that Spitting Image sketch...

    Floyd on food... Floyd on the bottle... Floyd on fire

  12. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:53:30 -0000, OwenBot
    wrote:

    >On Aug 17, 11:22 pm, "Niall Wallace"
    >wrote:
    >> "OwenBot" wrote in message
    >> news:1187331837.216600.291680@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...
    >>
    >> Does french cooking involve anything other than Bread and Pastries?

    >Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter.

    And rats -- how else does one make ratatouille? :-)

  13. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    "OwenBot" wrote

    > That's true. Although the English only seem to eat birds that make a
    > terrible noise, like quails, thus doing everyone with working ears a
    > huge favour.

    I don't recall quails making terrible noise.

    Are we talking about the small, round-bottomed birdies about the size of a
    fist?

    And whose eggs are arguably not worth the effort to peel for a tiny morsel?

    Ditto for the birds themselves?

  14. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    "OwenBot" wrote

    > Reminds me of that Spitting Image sketch...
    > Floyd on food... Floyd on the bottle... Floyd on fire

    He seemed to pass through phases:

    Celebrity cook on TV who drinks a lot
    Celebrity drunk who cooks a lot on TV
    Drunk who cooks a lot on TV
    Drunk who cooks a lot
    Drunk who cooks

    Shame really. I liked the guy's enthusiasm and cooking.

    A splash of wine can enhance food and life, but too much will drown it.

  15. Re: How to cook and serve a Sinclair Spectrum?

    Robert Baker did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 08:53:30 -0000, OwenBot
    > wrote:

    >>On Aug 17, 11:22 pm, "Niall Wallace"
    >>wrote:
    >>> "OwenBot" wrote in message
    >>> news:1187331837.216600.291680@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...
    >>>
    >>> Does french cooking involve anything other than Bread and Pastries?

    >>Frogs, snails, wine, garlic and butter.

    > And rats -- how else does one make ratatouille? :-)

    Plenty of basil?

    | in |good to you so far... |