Slightly interesting... - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Slightly interesting... - Sinclair ; I was browsing eBay's 'classic cars' category yesterday, and found the following car: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190137123662 In amongst the huge pictures, about 3/4 of the way down, I spotted the dashboard clock. -- Alex Taylor...

  1. Slightly interesting...

    --
    Alex Taylor

  2. Re: Slightly interesting...

    Sinclair Microquartz?

  3. Re: Slightly interesting...

    Quoted text is from , by
    zeem

    >In amongst the huge pictures, about 3/4 of the way down, I spotted the
    >dashboard clock.

    That sparks a memory. I seem to remember a review of a fairly upmarket
    car in the dim and distant past which had a digital clock which was a
    stuck-on Sinclair one. The reviewer was not impressed.

    Regards
    Chris

    --
    Chris Johnson mobile:+44 (0)7785 302122 Fax: +44 (0)870 0519 818
    EDI website http://www.edimatrix.co.uk

  4. Re: Slightly interesting...

    On 2007-08-08, zeem wrote:

    > In amongst the huge pictures, about 3/4 of the way down, I spotted the
    > dashboard clock.

    Probably the only bit if the car worth having, and even then it's not much!

  5. Re: Slightly interesting...

    Ian Rawlings wibbled:

    > On 2007-08-08, zeem wrote:
    >
    > > In amongst the huge pictures, about 3/4 of the way down, I spotted
    > > the dashboard clock.

    > Probably the only bit if the car worth having, and even then it's not
    > much!

    You have to admire the vendor's valiant effort to generate a bit of
    enthusiasm though. I mean.... c'mon... it's a bleedin' Metro!! Anyone
    who's ever driven a Metro will know that they were an absolute pile of
    steaming dog deposits.

    Remember the early ones had that rather unfortunate "this may burst
    into flames and kill you" problem?

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  6. Re: Slightly interesting...

    On 2007-08-08, Matt Rudge wrote:

    > You have to admire the vendor's valiant effort to generate a bit of
    > enthusiasm though. I mean.... c'mon... it's a bleedin' Metro!! Anyone
    > who's ever driven a Metro will know that they were an absolute pile of
    > steaming dog deposits.

    The best selling point for metros was "at least it's not an Allegro"....

    Mind you my ancient old Lotus pile-o-parts has Allegro doorhandles,
    although the Range Rovers also used to use them so I tend to say they
    came from a Range Rover instead ;-)

  7. Re: Slightly interesting...

    Even the Delorean had Allegro door handles. I learned to drive in a
    Metro. The only one I'd touch now is the RV4.

  8. Re: Slightly interesting...

    On 2007-08-08, OwenBot wrote:

    > Even the Delorean had Allegro door handles. I learned to drive in a
    > Metro. The only one I'd touch now is the RV4.

    My granny and grandad had an Allegro, and sold it to buy a metro.
    They died some time ago, I'm not convinced these events are
    unrelated.

  9. Re: Slightly interesting...

    On 2007-08-08, Duncan Snowden wrote:

    > Although to be honest the words "turd" and "polishing" do spring to mind.

    I don't think Wood and Pickett (who used to screw up Range Rovers too)
    have ever "polished" any turds, just glued festering turd onto the
    base turd. The bodykit and interior trim is worse than the worst
    halfords special..

  10. Re: Slightly interesting...

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-08-08, Duncan Snowden wrote:

    >> Although to be honest the words "turd" and "polishing" do spring to mind.

    > I don't think Wood and Pickett (who used to screw up Range Rovers too)
    > have ever "polished" any turds, just glued festering turd onto the
    > base turd. The bodykit and interior trim is worse than the worst
    > halfords special..

    And on that bombshell...

  11. Re: Slightly interesting...

    On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:05:57 +0200 (CEST), "Matt Rudge"
    wrote:

    >Remember the early ones had that rather unfortunate "this may burst
    >into flames and kill you" problem?

    Didi they get recycled into London bendy buses? :-) (Which are
    nicknamed "chariots of fire" because they have a similar problem.)

+ Reply to Thread