FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2007-08-07) - Sinclair

This is a discussion on FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2007-08-07) - Sinclair ; If you've only just found this newsgroup, then welcome! We hope you'll have a fun time reminiscing with the rest of us. If you're here to find out some information, then here are a few good starting points: 1) http://www.sinclairfaq.com/ ...

  1. FAQ: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2007-08-07)

    If you've only just found this newsgroup, then welcome! We hope you'll
    have a fun time reminiscing with the rest of us.

    If you're here to find out some information, then here are a few good
    starting points:

    1) http://www.sinclairfaq.com/ - The FAQ site for all things Sinclair.

    Useful for technical info and for discovering a whole heap of
    Sinclair websites, the largest of which is...

    2) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ - The World Of Spectrum.

    An archive of almost every Spectrum program ever made, together
    with emulators and much MUCH more!

    3) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ - The WoS Forums

    Home of the most active members of the community - if you want to be
    kept up to date with everything that's going on, it's worth browsing
    these forums every now and then.

    4) As comprehensive as the above websites are, there'll always be gaps.
    A good web search engine will come in useful:

    http://www.google.com/ - Google.

    5) You can also use Google Groups to search through most posts to
    comp.sys.sinclair since it was set up in 1993.

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...p.sys.sinclair

    6) comp.sys.sinclair has quite a few running in-jokes which you might
    not understand the first time around. There's a complete(-ish) list
    of them here:

    http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/ - CSS Folklore FAQ.

    Enjoy!

    --
    Please do not respond to this message via email as all messages to this
    account get binned automatically.

    To killfile this post, you can do it in at least two ways:
    1) Filter on subjects starting with "FAQ: "
    2) Filter on "From:" field on "faqjunk@the-den.clara.net"

  2. Re: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2007-08-07)

    faqjunk@the-den.clara.net wibbled:

    > 3) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ - The WoS Forums
    >
    > Home of the most active members of the community - if you want to
    > be kept up to date with everything that's going on, it's worth
    > browsing these forums every now and then.

    I don't want to re-open the c.s.s. vs WoS thing again, but the above
    point is an interesting addition to the monthly welcome mailing. It
    seemed to appear between the May and June editions at.... ohhhh...
    about the same time as the first round of the debate.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  3. Re: Welcome, newcomers, to comp.sys.sinclair! (2007-08-07)

    On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 16:59:33 +0200 (CEST) da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matt Rudge:

    > faqjunk@the-den.clara.net wibbled:
    > >
    > > 3) http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ - The WoS Forums
    > >
    > > Home of the most active members of the community - if you want to
    > > be kept up to date with everything that's going on, it's worth
    > > browsing these forums every now and then.
    > >

    > I don't want to re-open the c.s.s. vs WoS thing again, but the above
    > point is an interesting addition to the monthly welcome mailing. It
    > seemed to appear between the May and June editions at.... ohhhh...
    > about the same time as the first round of the debate.

    You mean, about the same time the person who runs the system that
    automatically sends these things out to the newsgroup, started a
    thread about how much better WOS forums were and promptly left c.s.s.?

    A mention of the fact WOS has some forums could have been added to
    point 2, otherwise we effectively have a welcome post that tells
    people not to bother posting here.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |