Speccy technical wiki - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Speccy technical wiki - Sinclair ; I don't think this has been mentioned here before but Philip Kendall started this resource a few weeks back, so... http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/ZX_...al_information .... get editing!...

  1. Speccy technical wiki

    I don't think this has been mentioned here before but Philip Kendall
    started this resource a few weeks back, so...

    http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/ZX_...al_information

    .... get editing!

  2. Re: Speccy technical wiki

    Yet another site which uses the MediaWiki software I see, like
    Wikipedia (for which I think MediaWiki was written) and the
    Fastmail.FM Wiki.

    Hardly surprising though, since MediaWiki seems to be the best Wiki
    software around; it's certainly miles better than whatever cr@p was
    used by FM for their first Wiki...

  3. Re: Speccy technical wiki

    On Aug 6, 10:01 am, korax1...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Yet another site which uses the MediaWiki software I see, like
    > Wikipedia (for which I think MediaWiki was written) and the
    > Fastmail.FM Wiki.
    >
    > Hardly surprising though, since MediaWiki seems to be the best Wiki
    > software around; it's certainly miles better than whatever cr@p was
    > used by FM for their first Wiki...

    Depends what you want to do. I've recently set up a Wiki at work and I
    used JSPWiki (which is a webapp) running on Tomcat. That was
    blindingly fast to set up and although it's fairly basic, there are
    plenty of plug-ins.

    However, MediaWiki looks pretty basic when compared to TWiki (which is
    mostly perl scripts), however I have yet to have any success
    installing TWiki on Solaris 10. I'm going to keep on trying though
    because it has plug-ins to support JavaDoc which will be very useful.

+ Reply to Thread