PING: Andy C - Sinclair

This is a discussion on PING: Andy C - Sinclair ; Alan the cat, eh? deKay -- Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01] Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/ My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that "Zomoniac is wrong"...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. PING: Andy C

    Alan the cat, eh?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    "Zomoniac is wrong"

  2. Re: Andy C

    Huh, what? You know Alan (the little bugger)?

    AndyC

    "deKay" wrote in message
    > Alan the cat, eh?
    >
    > deKay
    > --
    > Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    > Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    > My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
    > "Zomoniac is wrong"

  3. Re: Andy C

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9 Aug
    2007 11:49:25 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono tan
    el:

    >Huh, what? You know Alan (the little bugger)?

    MHUHUHUHUHUHU!

    I have spies.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary

  4. Re: Andy C

    "deKay" wrote in message
    news3tlb35adlqa4a064f2gi8r9qf9am05r9a@4ax.com...

    > MHUHUHUHUHUHU!
    >
    > I have spies.

    Well now I'm paranoid....

    This is what happens when you live in a village, I guess (Norwich is not a
    city, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    AndyC

  5. Re: Andy C

    AndyC wrote:

    > This is what happens when you live in a village, I guess (Norwich is not a
    > city, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    I've tried googling for 'alan cat norwich' to figure out what on earth
    this is about, but I can only find stuff about Alan Partridge.

  6. Re: Andy C

    On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:59:14 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC AndyC:

    > This is what happens when you live in a village, I guess (Norwich is not a
    > city, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    Yes it is, because it has a cathedral (the "city" designation is
    not an indication of size, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  7. Re: Andy C

    "Chris Young" wrote in message

    > Yes it is, because it has a cathedral (the "city" designation is
    > not an indication of size, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    Oh yes, "officially" it is because of the Cathedral (and also it has a
    University), though they've ditched that definition of a city these days and
    just about anywhere can potentially be designated a city, IIRC.

    Doesn't stop Norwich being a backwater village in reality though! :-P

    AndyC

  8. Re: Andy C

    "Matthew Westcott" wrote in message

    > I've tried googling for 'alan cat norwich' to figure out what on earth
    > this is about, but I can only find stuff about Alan Partridge.

    It won't make sense to anyone. There is nothing here to see.

    AndyC

  9. Re: Andy C

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 09 Aug
    2007 12:12:31 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "Chris Young" fornis do
    marikano es bono tan el:

    >On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:59:14 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    >to MC AndyC:
    >
    >> This is what happens when you live in a village, I guess (Norwich is not a
    >> city, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    >Yes it is, because it has a cathedral (the "city" designation is
    >not an indication of size, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    It had *two* cathedrals, ta very much. And is a Fine City.

    And there's a village about 15 miles west of Norwich with a cathedral too, and
    that's not a city.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  10. Re: Andy C

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9 Aug
    2007 12:59:14 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono tan
    el:

    >> I have spies.

    >Well now I'm paranoid....

    Well, my wife has infiltrated your sphere of aquaintances. A party on Friday
    night was very eye-opening[1].

    [1] Actually all that was said[2] was that you own/look after/knew a cat
    called Alan.
    [2] About you, that is. Otherwise it would have been the dullest party ever.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  11. Re: Andy C

    "deKay" wrote in message
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9
    > Aug
    > 2007 12:59:14 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono
    > tan
    > el:
    > Well, my wife has infiltrated your sphere of aquaintances. A party on
    > Friday
    > night was very eye-opening[1].

    Yeah, I figured that it was her after a quick check revealed she'd moved
    into SCI. Clearly I am not being kept as up to date on the latest coming and
    goings as I should be! I shall chastise my own spies the next time I see
    them.

    There was a suggestion that we crash the party, but it was overruled in
    favour of getting extremely drunk in the Fat Cat.

    > [1] Actually all that was said[2] was that you own/look after/knew a cat
    > called Alan.
    > [2] About you, that is. Otherwise it would have been the dullest party
    > ever.

    Or maybe it would have been a much more exciting party. I am great, don't ya
    know.

    AndyC

  12. Re: Andy C

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9 Aug
    2007 14:02:25 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono tan
    el:

    >> [1] Actually all that was said[2] was that you own/look after/knew a cat
    >> called Alan.
    >> [2] About you, that is. Otherwise it would have been the dullest party
    >> ever.

    >Or maybe it would have been a much more exciting party. I am great, don't ya
    >know.

    I meant it was the only thing said about you, as opposed to the only thing
    said *at all* *That* would have been a dull party!

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  13. Re: Andy C

    "deKay" wrote in message
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9
    > Aug
    > 2007 14:02:25 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono
    > tan
    > el:

    > I meant it was the only thing said about you, as opposed to the only thing
    > said *at all* *That* would have been a dull party!

    Sounds like a few of the CMP parties I went to....

    AndyC

  14. Re: Andy C

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9 Aug
    2007 16:19:52 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono tan
    el:

    >Sounds like a few of the CMP parties I went to....

    I was very disappointed to hear it was CMP and not SYS these days. CMP-kids
    just isn't the same :/

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    "Zomoniac is wrong"

  15. Re: Andy C

    "deKay" wrote in message
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9
    > Aug
    > 2007 16:19:52 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono
    > tan

    > I was very disappointed to hear it was CMP and not SYS these days.
    > CMP-kids
    > just isn't the same :/

    Yeah, that's a bit crap, I still use SYS-kid and just get odd looks from
    them (likewise when I mention The Diner, The Bowl and Top Floor). Still, I
    remember when it changed to SYS from CMP & ESE. 'Course, it was all fields
    round here back then....

    AndyC, still waiting for Breakers to come back (again).

  16. Re: Andy C

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 9 Aug
    2007 16:37:38 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk "AndyC" fornis do marikano es bono tan
    el:

    >AndyC, still waiting for Breakers to come back (again).

    Breakers2 was the best place ever. Three gallons of grease, half a cow, and a
    side of pig covered with cheese and more grease in a bun. For about 2. At
    1am! Fully Loaded Burger FTW!

    Amazing scenes.

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    "Zomoniac is wrong"

  17. Re: Andy C

    AndyC wrote:

    > "Chris Young" wrote in message
    >
    >> Yes it is, because it has a cathedral (the "city" designation is
    >> not an indication of size, no matter how many claim otherwise!)

    > Oh yes, "officially" it is because of the Cathedral (and also it has a
    > University), though they've ditched that definition of a city these days and
    > just about anywhere can potentially be designated a city, IIRC.
    >
    > Doesn't stop Norwich being a backwater village in reality though! :-P

    http://www.lovemytown.co.uk/CityStat...atusTable1.htm

    Blimey, there's some dumps in that list.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  18. Re: Andy C

    deKay wrote:

    [Frooooom Norwich! It's the quiz of the week! Knickerless Parsons
    presents Sale! Of! The! Century!]
    > It had *two* cathedrals, ta very much.

    Bah. That's nothing. We've got four.

    > And is a Fine City.

    Of course it is. 'S British, innit?

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  19. Re: Andy C

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 09 Aug
    2007 14:40:43 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk Duncan Snowden fornis do marikano
    es bono tan el:

    >> Doesn't stop Norwich being a backwater village in reality though! :-P

    >http://www.lovemytown.co.uk/CityStat...atusTable1.htm
    >
    >Blimey, there's some dumps in that list.

    Like the top 28?

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk
    Gaming Diary - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary
    Blog - http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog

  20. Re: Andy C

    On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:41:43 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC deKay:

    > >> Doesn't stop Norwich being a backwater village in reality though! :-P

    > >http://www.lovemytown.co.uk/CityStat...atusTable1.htm
    > >
    > >Blimey, there's some dumps in that list.

    > Like the top 28?

    ITYM 29