Re: Spectrum bought for 125million - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: Spectrum bought for 125million - Sinclair ; On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:28:03 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' to MC : > Indeed, it's disgusting! > They didn't even MENTION the spectrum. > How DARE they? There's another article (on the BBC site I think) ...

  1. Re: Spectrum bought for 125million

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:28:03 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > Indeed, it's disgusting!
    > They didn't even MENTION the spectrum.
    > How DARE they?

    There's another article (on the BBC site I think) which tells you how
    great the PCW was, and fails to mention the Spectrum.

    Okay, so Amstrad didn't invent the Spectrum, so maybe it's justified,
    but say "Amstrad computer" and most people would think of the CPC over
    the PCW.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  2. Re: Spectrum bought for 125million

    Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:28:03 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC :

    >> Indeed, it's disgusting!
    >> They didn't even MENTION the spectrum.
    >> How DARE they?

    > There's another article (on the BBC site I think) which tells you how
    > great the PCW was, and fails to mention the Spectrum.

    > Okay, so Amstrad didn't invent the Spectrum, so maybe it's justified,
    > but say "Amstrad computer" and most people would think of the CPC over
    > the PCW.

    Indeed... The CPC even appears in the opening credits to "james may's 20th
    century"
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Spectrum bought for 125million

    On the Radio 4 news item about the sale, the BBC claimed that Amstrad
    made the first mass market home computer in the UK. Failed to mention
    that Amstrad made the first all-in one hi-fi though.

  4. Re: Spectrum bought for 125million

    OwenBot wrote:

    > On the Radio 4 news item about the sale, the BBC claimed that Amstrad
    > made the first mass market home computer in the UK. Failed to mention
    > that Amstrad made the first all-in one hi-fi though.

    Off the top of my head, I'd guess (I may be wrong) that the Speccy had
    sold a million before the CPC was even launched. Although they probably
    mean the PCW, since that's the one they all used.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread