Sinclair QL Microdrive help required - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Sinclair QL Microdrive help required - Sinclair ; Hi, First time poster to this newsgroup. I'm looking for somebody who can make my copy of the Psion Quill program on microdrive cartridge work again. It (and all the backups) have become corrupted. The drive itself is fine (everything ...

  1. Sinclair QL Microdrive help required

    Hi,

    First time poster to this newsgroup.

    I'm looking for somebody who can make my copy of the Psion Quill program on
    microdrive cartridge work again. It (and all the backups) have become
    corrupted. The drive itself is fine (everything else works okay).

    I will send the original microdrive cartridge, a blank microdrive cartridge
    and a pre-paid return address envelope to whomever can copy their working
    Quill microdrive cartridge onto my two (one for backup).

    Thank-you.

    Paul.

  2. Re: Sinclair QL Microdrive help required

    Paul Brett did eloquently scribble:
    > Hi,

    > First time poster to this newsgroup.

    > I'm looking for somebody who can make my copy of the Psion Quill program on
    > microdrive cartridge work again. It (and all the backups) have become
    > corrupted. The drive itself is fine (everything else works okay).

    > I will send the original microdrive cartridge, a blank microdrive cartridge
    > and a pre-paid return address envelope to whomever can copy their working
    > Quill microdrive cartridge onto my two (one for backup).

    I... take it you don't have a memory expansion and floppy controller card
    (and drives) then?

    If you had, I'd've recommended you get Xchange, the psion integrated suite,
    all 4, archive, abacus, easel and quill along with a "task sequencing
    language" glued together to allow transfer of data between the 4.

    It's freely downloadable.
    | in |good to you so far... |