Tayles!!!! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Tayles!!!! - Sinclair ; Hey, Weren't you going to send me updates for your zxgoldenyears site about a year ago??? I still have it hosted at zxgoldenyears.net for you. Andrew PS. What happened to your book? Did you ever finish/get any further?...

  1. Tayles!!!!

    Hey,

    Weren't you going to send me updates for your zxgoldenyears site about
    a year ago???
    I still have it hosted at zxgoldenyears.net for you.

    Andrew
    PS. What happened to your book? Did you ever finish/get any further?

  2. Re: Tayles!!!!

    Andrew Rollings did eloquently scribble:
    > Hey,

    > Weren't you going to send me updates for your zxgoldenyears site about
    > a year ago???
    > I still have it hosted at zxgoldenyears.net for you.

    > Andrew
    > PS. What happened to your book? Did you ever finish/get any further?

    Read the newsgroup a little more often.
    He came back here a few threads back and explained that.

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  3. Re: Tayles!!!!

    > Read the newsgroup a little more often.
    > He came back here a few threads back and explained that.

    I basically stopped reading when the S/N ratio got too high a while
    back... A shame, as I just looked up my first post.. March 3rd 1994...
    Wow. I can still remember where I was, who I was with and what I was
    doing when I typed it... That's scary

    Andrew

  4. Re: Tayles!!!!

    Andrew Rollings did eloquently scribble:

    >> Read the newsgroup a little more often.
    >> He came back here a few threads back and explained that.
    >>

    > I basically stopped reading when the S/N ratio got too high a while
    > back... A shame, as I just looked up my first post.. March 3rd 1994...
    > Wow. I can still remember where I was, who I was with and what I was
    > doing when I typed it... That's scary

    Aye, I can still remember which machine I was on in the university library
    when I made mine.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  5. Re: Tayles!!!!

    On 6 Jun, 23:54, Andrew Rollings wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > Weren't you going to send me updates for your zxgoldenyears site about
    > a year ago???
    > I still have it hosted at zxgoldenyears.net for you.
    >
    > Andrew
    > PS. What happened to your book? Did you ever finish/get any further?

    Gah! Yes, I was. Started rewriting it, so it didn't read like a
    school project. Then my laptop died and I lost everything!
    Fortunately, my mate managed to recover the data and put it on his
    PC. However, when he burnt it onto a DVD for me, it didn't work.
    Therefore, he has proposed some kind of high-falutin PC-to-PC transfer
    over the interweb. I'm still coming to terms with GOSUB routines, so
    he's going to have to lead me by the hand on this one. You've just
    inspired me to give it a go. I'm off to email him.

    Russ

  6. Re: Tayles!!!!

    On 7 Jun, 00:23, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Andrew Rollings did eloquently scribble:
    >

    > >> Read the newsgroup a little more often.
    > >> He came back here a few threads back and explained that.
    > >>

    > > I basically stopped reading when the S/N ratio got too high a while
    > > back... A shame, as I just looked up my first post.. March 3rd 1994...
    > > Wow. I can still remember where I was, who I was with and what I was
    > > doing when I typed it... That's scary

    > Aye, I can still remember which machine I was on in the university library
    > when I made mine.

    Because I used a combination of Outlook, Deja and Google for usenet,
    and I used to post under my real name, I had trouble finding my first
    post. However, I think I've tracked it down to 1999. Makes me a bit
    of a newbie around here.

    Russ

  7. Re: Tayles!!!!

    > Because I used a combination of Outlook, Deja and Google for usenet,
    > and I used to post under my real name, I had trouble finding my first
    > post. However, I think I've tracked it down to 1999. Makes me a bit
    > of a newbie around here.

    Thought I would have look to see when my first CSS post and was
    surprised it was back in July 1995.

    And I still want to know the answer to the question I posed back then.....

    has anyone managed to blow the Alien out of the airlock in the game Alien???

    Adios,
    Matt

  8. Re: Tayles!!!!

    In article <1181210012.357468.186470@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.c om>,
    tayles@mailandnews.com says...
    > On 7 Jun, 00:23, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > > Andrew Rollings did eloquently scribble:

    > > > I basically stopped reading when the S/N ratio got too high a while
    > > > back... A shame, as I just looked up my first post.. March 3rd 1994...
    > > > Wow. I can still remember where I was, who I was with and what I was
    > > > doing when I typed it... That's scary

    > > Aye, I can still remember which machine I was on in the university library
    > > when I made mine.

    > Because I used a combination of Outlook, Deja and Google for usenet,
    > and I used to post under my real name, I had trouble finding my first
    > post. However, I think I've tracked it down to 1999. Makes me a bit
    > of a newbie around here.
    >
    > Russ

    If definitely a bigger newbie than you

    Unfortunately can't find my first posts as for some reason i x-no-
    archive'd them. earliest i can find traces of is from June 2001 in Derek
    Jolly's reply to my post which was a reply to Lee Prince's question

    "Ah, but can Tim Follin get five-channel sound out of one?"

    referring to mobile phone sound chips of the time and me replying

    "Tim Follin could get five-channel sound from a cow's bum!"

    http://tinyurl.com/2ozd6j

    and another post regarding Fuller's shop in Liverpool

    Mal

  9. Re: Tayles!!!!

    Mal Franks did eloquently scribble:
    > Unfortunately can't find my first posts as for some reason i x-no-
    > archive'd them. earliest i can find traces of is from June 2001 in Derek
    > Jolly's reply to my post which was a reply to Lee Prince's question

    You weren't thinking ahead, were you?

    Mine was in october or november 1995 in reply to a QL question.

  10. Re: Tayles!!!!

    On 7 Jun, 14:01, Matthew Pimm wrote:
    > > Because I used a combination of Outlook, Deja and Google for usenet,
    > > and I used to post under my real name, I had trouble finding my first
    > > post. However, I think I've tracked it down to 1999. Makes me a bit
    > > of a newbie around here.

    > Thought I would have look to see when my first CSS post and was
    > surprised it was back in July 1995.
    >
    > And I still want to know the answer to the question I posed back then.....
    >
    > has anyone managed to blow the Alien out of the airlock in the game Alien???
    >
    > Adios,
    > Matt

    Yes, I managed to keep someone alive long enough to blow the bugger
    out. Tricky as hell though, as they keeping going flaky on you.

    Russ

  11. Re: Tayles!!!!

    Tayles did eloquently scribble:
    > On 7 Jun, 14:01, Matthew Pimm wrote:
    >> > Because I used a combination of Outlook, Deja and Google for usenet,
    >> > and I used to post under my real name, I had trouble finding my first
    >> > post. However, I think I've tracked it down to 1999. Makes me a bit
    >> > of a newbie around here.

    >> Thought I would have look to see when my first CSS post and was
    >> surprised it was back in July 1995.
    >>
    >> And I still want to know the answer to the question I posed back then.....
    >>
    >> has anyone managed to blow the Alien out of the airlock in the game Alien???
    >>
    >> Adios,
    >> Matt

    > Yes, I managed to keep someone alive long enough to blow the bugger
    > out. Tricky as hell though, as they keeping going flaky on you.

    F'NAR! K'YUK K'YUK K'YUK K'YUK SPLOIT!
    *falls over from over-excited finbar gland*

  12. Re: Tayles!!!!

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 13:01:44 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matthew Pimm:

    > And I still want to know the answer to the question I posed back then.....

    No, no, let me guess. Was it "Anyone for Pimms?"?

    > has anyone managed to blow the Alien out of the airlock in the game Alien???

    I'm disappointed. I hated that game. (A glass of Pimms, however...)

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  13. Re: Tayles!!!!

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:15:19 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > > Unfortunately can't find my first posts as for some reason i x-no-
    > > archive'd them. earliest i can find traces of is from June 2001 in Derek
    > > Jolly's reply to my post which was a reply to Lee Prince's question

    > You weren't thinking ahead, were you?
    >

    > Mine was in october or november 1995 in reply to a QL question.

    Mine must have been in 1998, I think I tried lurking for a bit but was
    even worse at it than Dave is.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  14. Re: Tayles!!!!

    Chris Young wrote:

    > Mine must have been in 1998, I think I tried lurking for a bit but was
    > even worse at it than Dave is.
    >
    > Chris

    Hi Chris!

    Mine must have been around 1994. It wasn't send by me, as I hadn't no
    Internet, just Phone-Data to BBS's.

    It was a question about a Game wich play inside the Speccy and every
    Level, Stage, Screen etc., do show specific inlets of the Speccy
    Hardware where you play through.

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    p.s.: UUCP on AMIGA followed shortly . Though, I am not quite sure
    what I wrote since :-)))). My major come back to comp.sys.sinclair
    discussion Usenet Newsgroup, started ~2002/03...

  15. Re: Tayles!!!!

    Chris Young wrote:

    > No, no, let me guess. Was it "Anyone for Pimms?"?

    Pim's Cake!? yum yum....

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

+ Reply to Thread