Re: The Wonderful Only-Slightly-Broken WOS NNTP Gateway! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: The Wonderful Only-Slightly-Broken WOS NNTP Gateway! - Sinclair ; On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:42:13 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' to MC Matthew Westcott: > So give it a go, and keep me posted of any particularly > entertaining bugs. OK, here's a weird one. My newsreader ...

  1. Re: The Wonderful Only-Slightly-Broken WOS NNTP Gateway!

    On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:42:13 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matthew Westcott:

    > So give it a go, and keep me posted of any particularly
    > entertaining bugs.

    OK, here's a weird one.

    My newsreader won't read wos.discussions.zx-shed or
    wos.preservation.infoseek-database, it kicks me off with the
    still-slightly-amusing "No error" and "Connection reset by peer".

    I'm not particulary interested in either of those groups anyway, but
    thought I should mention it in case it's your server rather than my
    client that is causing this.

    Chris
    PS It's running at proper speed now!

  2. Re: The Wonderful Only-Slightly-Broken WOS NNTP Gateway!

    Chris Young wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:42:13 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Matthew Westcott:
    >
    > OK, here's a weird one.
    >
    > My newsreader won't read wos.discussions.zx-shed or
    > wos.preservation.infoseek-database, it kicks me off with the
    > still-slightly-amusing "No error" and "Connection reset by peer".

    Oh yes, Eq noticed that one too... It's because those groups are
    currently empty (no new posts since I started indexing them) and I
    wasn't representing that correctly.

    Fixed now (along with a bunch of HTML-munging improvements - just
    [spoiler]s left to sort out now, I think) so you should be able to
    connect to those groups and revel in their emptiness.

    > PS It's running at proper speed now!

    Woo!

  3. Re: The Wonderful Only-Slightly-Broken WOS NNTP Gateway!

    On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 01:33:21 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Matthew Westcott:

    > > OK, here's a weird one.
    > >
    > > My newsreader won't read wos.discussions.zx-shed or
    > > wos.preservation.infoseek-database, it kicks me off with the
    > > still-slightly-amusing "No error" and "Connection reset by peer".

    > Oh yes, Eq noticed that one too... It's because those groups are
    > currently empty (no new posts since I started indexing them) and I
    > wasn't representing that correctly.
    >
    > Fixed now (along with a bunch of HTML-munging improvements - just
    > [spoiler]s left to sort out now, I think) so you should be able to
    > connect to those groups and revel in their emptiness.

    No, whatever you did hasn't fixed it.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  4. Re: The Wonderful Only-Slightly-Broken WOS NNTP Gateway!

    "Chris Young" wrote:

    > > > My newsreader won't read wos.discussions.zx-shed or
    > > > wos.preservation.infoseek-database, it kicks me off with the
    > > > still-slightly-amusing "No error" and "Connection reset by
    > > > peer".

    > [...]
    > No, whatever you did hasn't fixed it.

    It has fixed it for me. I can see the empty groups.

    Eq.

+ Reply to Thread