Some very sad news - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Some very sad news - Sinclair ; I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in general, passed away at the end of March. He had been ill for some time with ...

  1. Some very sad news

    I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in
    general, passed away at the end of March.

    He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other problems.

    Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    Daren

  2. Re: Some very sad news

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 04 Jun
    2007 20:31:00 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk Daren fornis do marikano es
    bono tan el:

    >Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    You mean WOS?

    Seriously though, he will be missed. Actually, he already is

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

  3. Re: Some very sad news

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:31:00 +0100, Daren wrote:

    > I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    > Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in
    > general, passed away at the end of March.
    >
    > He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other problems.
    >
    > Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    RIP Jim.

    Cheers,
    Dave

  4. Re: Some very sad news

    deKay did eloquently scribble:
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 04 Jun
    > 2007 20:31:00 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    > yawatina tan reek esk Daren fornis do marikano es
    > bono tan el:

    >>Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    > Seriously though, he will be missed. Actually, he already is

    Indeed, for a year. He was last in #speccy on the 8th of june last year.
    2 weeks later he told daren he'd been in hospital for 2 weeks...
    Looks like he was in for the rest too.

  5. Re: Some very sad news

    "Daren" wrote in message
    > I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    > Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in general,
    > passed away at the end of March.
    >
    > He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other
    > problems.
    >
    > Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.
    >
    > Daren

    Very sad to hear this. I spoke to Jim many times on #speccy over the years.
    RIP Jim.

    Marko

  6. Re: Some very sad news

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 04 Jun
    2007 19:59:43 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do comp.sys.sinclair,
    yawatina tan reek esk spike1@freenet.co.uk fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >Indeed, for a year. He was last in #speccy on the 8th of june last year.
    >2 weeks later he told daren he'd been in hospital for 2 weeks...
    >Looks like he was in for the rest too.

    I emailed him on Christmas day, which was the last time I heard from him. He
    was due an op "soon" and was building his weight and strength up in
    preparation.

    Clearly, things didn't go well

    deKay
    --
    Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
    "Zomoniac is wrong"

  7. Re: Some very sad news

    Absolutely gutted to read this.

    RIP, Jim.

    Alan

  8. Re: Some very sad news

    Llama-Wax Len did eloquently scribble:
    > Absolutely gutted to read this.

    What a time to return, eh?
    Are you psychic? Felt a disturbance in the chuntey?

    | in |good to you so far... |

  9. Re: Some very sad news

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:31:00 +0100 Daren wrote:

    > I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    > Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in
    > general, passed away at the end of March.

    Sorry to hear this

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  10. Re: Some very sad news

    >I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    >Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in
    >general, passed away at the end of March.
    >
    >He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other problems.
    >
    >Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    So sorry to hear that Rest in peace Jim... you will be missed by the whole
    community

    Tomaz
    -----------
    Tomaz Kac, tomcat@sgn.net
    /*--------------------------------------------------------*/
    float l,I,Q,_,o;int E;main(){I=1.125;while(I>=-1.225){for(l=
    -2;l<=1;l+=3/79.0){Q=_=0;for(E=127;Q*Q+_*_<4.0&&--E>32{o=Q
    ;Q=Q*Q-_*_+l;_=2*o*_+I;}putchar(E);}putchar(10);I-=9/88.0;}}

  11. Re: Some very sad news

    "Daren" wrote in message
    > I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    > Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in general,
    > passed away at the end of March.
    >
    > He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other
    > problems.
    >
    > Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    Tragic news. May you rest in peace Jim.

    Thankfullly there will doubtless be several speccys in heaven already.

  12. Re: Some very sad news

    Daren wrote:
    > I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of
    > Speccy Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene
    > in general, passed away at the end of March.

    We hadn't heard from him in a while - somehow thought he was going to
    make it. Was looking forward to getting another flamefest going in
    #speccy

    So long, Jim. We'll miss you.

  13. Re: Some very sad news

    "AndyC" wrote in message
    > "Daren" wrote in message
    >> I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    >> Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in
    >> general, passed away at the end of March.
    >>
    >> He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other
    >> problems.
    >>
    >> Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    > Tragic news. May you rest in peace Jim.
    >
    > Thankfullly there will doubtless be several speccys in heaven already.

    But I doubt they'll be many C64s up there, thankfully.

  14. Re: Some very sad news

    Daren wrote:

    > I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    > Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in
    > general, passed away at the end of March.
    >
    > He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other problems.

    That's awful. Very sorry to hear that.

    > Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    Yep. Free Speccies for everyone, and Ultimate games aren't
    distribution-denied.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  15. Re: Some very sad news

    If there's a God, I hope Jim's giving him a bloody good rant about the
    state of the world

    RIP Jim

  16. Re: Some very sad news

    wrote:

    >I'm sorry to report the sad news that Jim Langmead, webmaster of Speccy
    >Spoilers and long-term contributor to CSS and the speccy scene in
    >general, passed away at the end of March.
    >
    >He had been ill for some time with Crohn's disease, amongst other problems.
    >
    >Rest in peace, Jim, you're in a better place.

    Oh damn. Makes anything I can say insignificant. RIP Jim.

+ Reply to Thread