Spectrum 16k - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Spectrum 16k - Sinclair ; Chris Young did eloquently scribble: > On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:07:12 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' > to MC Kevin Reilly: >> "If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. Re: Spectrum 16k

    Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    > On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:07:12 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC Kevin Reilly:

    >> "If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed
    >> at the end of the day." Neville Southall

    > Why would you be getting out of bed at the end of the day? That's the
    > time you should be getting into bed, shirley?

    You know footballers. They add "at the end of the day" to everything.
    It's like a nervous tick.

  2. Re: Spectrum 16k

    On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 Chris Young wrote:

    >On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:07:12 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    >to MC Kevin Reilly:
    >
    >> "If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed
    >> at the end of the day." Neville Southall

    >Why would you be getting out of bed at the end of the day? That's the
    >time you should be getting into bed, shirley?

    That's the point!

    --
    Kev
    "Panda mating fails: veterinarian takes over."

  3. Re: Spectrum 16k

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > You know footballers. They add "at the end of the day" to everything.
    > It's like a nervous tick.

    Here's 'Sport on Monday' (hmmm, maybe it's still running on TV p.m.,
    don't know. Mainly football thematic... what else).

    They have the trigger on Monday, at least at the end of the day

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  4. Re: Spectrum 16k

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:15:34 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    > > On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 20:07:12 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > > to MC Kevin Reilly:

    > >> "If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed
    > >> at the end of the day." Neville Southall

    > > Why would you be getting out of bed at the end of the day? That's the
    > > time you should be getting into bed, shirley?

    > You know footballers.

    He's a footballer? I was half-expecting to be told he worked nights
    in Sainsbury's warehouse or something.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  5. Re: Spectrum 16k

    Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    >> You know footballers.

    > He's a footballer? I was half-expecting to be told he worked nights
    > in Sainsbury's warehouse or something.

    I assumed he was what with his mode of speech and someone thinking he was
    worth quoting to take the piss out of him.

    We've all seen people on the telly taking the piss out of footballers,
    mcgowan, colshaw, bremner... Even if we've not seen the genuine interviews
    cos we loath football with a passion that would blow the footy fan's passion
    for it out of the water.

    | in |good to you so far... |

  6. Re: Spectrum 16k

    On Jun 3, 3:17 pm, "Pokey" wrote:
    > I just picked up one of these from a car boot sale, boxed (battered box
    > though)
    >
    > Unfortunately it's borked, and I get flashing squares etc on bootup.
    > Occasionally it gets to the copyright message and I can press a few keys,
    > then it goes wrong again.
    >
    > Dodgy ULA? Could it be fixed? It's an issue 2.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Pokey.

    Hi Pokey,

    If your interested, I recently acquired a massive box of 8-bit parts,
    including most of about 20-odd Spectrums (certainly enough that I
    built a Spectrum out of them). I'd be happy to swap parts in and out/
    inspect the board for issues to try and get it working for you again.
    I can probably also upgrade it to 48K if required.

    Regards

    Richard

    (Sorry in advance if this post appears in weird formatting/position/
    threading/etc. My ISP doesn't provide such mundane things as NNTP
    access, so I had to Google Groups the issue....)

  7. Re: Spectrum 16k

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > It's like a nervous tick.

    Fig.1, A nervous tick:

    / - "I've been under a lot of stress lately."

    Duncan Snowden.

  8. Re: Spectrum 16k

    Duncan Snowden did eloquently scribble:
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> It's like a nervous tick.

    > Fig.1, A nervous tick:

    > / - "I've been under a lot of stress lately."

    Terrible...
    /
    /
    /