ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum - Sinclair

This is a discussion on ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum - Sinclair ; Hi all, I'm happy to announce a new Apple 1 emulator for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum! It's a port of Simon Owen's Apple 1 emulator for the SAM coupe to the Spectrum: http://thomas.goering.com/appleonesp/ Thomas...

  1. ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    Hi all,

    I'm happy to announce a new Apple 1 emulator for the Sinclair ZX
    Spectrum! It's a port of Simon Owen's Apple 1 emulator for the SAM coupe
    to the Spectrum:

    http://thomas.goering.com/appleonesp/

    Thomas

  2. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    'notthis' is me, sorry!

  3. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    notthis wrote:

    > I'm happy to announce a new Apple 1 emulator for the Sinclair ZX
    > Spectrum! It's a port of Simon Owen's Apple 1 emulator for the SAM coupe
    > to the Spectrum:
    >
    > http://thomas.goering.com/appleonesp/

    That's pretty amazing. Who'd have thought the humble Speccy was capable
    of emulating anything? (Except the ZX81. - On-the-ball Ed.)

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  4. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    Duncan Snowden did eloquently scribble:
    > notthis wrote:

    >> I'm happy to announce a new Apple 1 emulator for the Sinclair ZX
    >> Spectrum! It's a port of Simon Owen's Apple 1 emulator for the SAM coupe
    >> to the Spectrum:
    >>
    >> http://thomas.goering.com/appleonesp/

    > That's pretty amazing. Who'd have thought the humble Speccy was capable
    > of emulating anything? (Except the ZX81. - On-the-ball Ed.)

    Indeed, it's another layer to my emulator supersandwich...
    Now, I could do this..
    pc emulating apple mac emulating ql emulating spectrum emulating an apple 1

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  5. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 19:17:39 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC :

    > Duncan Snowden did eloquently scribble:
    > > notthis wrote:

    > >> I'm happy to announce a new Apple 1 emulator for the Sinclair ZX
    > >> Spectrum! It's a port of Simon Owen's Apple 1 emulator for the SAM coupe
    > >> to the Spectrum:
    > >>
    > >> http://thomas.goering.com/appleonesp/

    > > That's pretty amazing. Who'd have thought the humble Speccy was capable
    > > of emulating anything? (Except the ZX81. - On-the-ball Ed.)

    > Indeed, it's another layer to my emulator supersandwich...
    > Now, I could do this..
    > pc emulating apple mac emulating ql emulating spectrum emulating an apple 1

    Now all you need is a ZX81 emulator for the Apple 1. And you could
    add in a PC emulator running on the Apple Mac emulator, just for
    completeness.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  6. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    Chris Young did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 19:17:39 GMT da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    > to MC :

    >> Duncan Snowden did eloquently scribble:

    >> > That's pretty amazing. Who'd have thought the humble Speccy was capable
    >> > of emulating anything? (Except the ZX81. - On-the-ball Ed.)

    >> Indeed, it's another layer to my emulator supersandwich...
    >> Now, I could do this..
    >> pc emulating apple mac emulating ql emulating spectrum emulating an apple 1
    >>

    > Now all you need is a ZX81 emulator for the Apple 1. And you could
    > add in a PC emulator running on the Apple Mac emulator, just for
    > completeness.

    Nah, I'm a purist...
    No repetition
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  7. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    notthis napsal:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm happy to announce a new Apple 1 emulator for the Sinclair ZX
    > Spectrum! It's a port of Simon Owen's Apple 1 emulator for the SAM coupe
    > to the Spectrum:
    >
    > http://thomas.goering.com/appleonesp/
    >
    > Thomas

    Older Czech version of APPLE 1 emulator for ZX Spectrum:
    http://zxm.speccy.cz/zxm/4-04-2-05.pdf
    http://zxm.speccy.cz/zxm/disk_4-04-2-05.zip

    VELESOFT

  8. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > ... it's another layer to my emulator supersandwich...
    > Now, I could do this..
    > pc emulating apple mac emulating ql emulating spectrum emulating an apple 1

    How about PC emulating Amiga emulating Mac emulating QL emulating
    Spectrum emulating Apple 1? That should be feasible, provided the QL
    emulator isn't PowerMac only. Even then, it might be do-able.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  9. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    That's eight machines the Spectrum SE can emulate now.

  10. Re: ANN: A new Apple 1 emulator for the Spectrum

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:45:24 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Duncan Snowden:

    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >
    > > ... it's another layer to my emulator supersandwich...
    > > Now, I could do this..
    > > pc emulating apple mac emulating ql emulating spectrum emulating an apple 1
    > >

    > How about PC emulating Amiga emulating Mac emulating QL emulating
    > Spectrum emulating Apple 1? That should be feasible, provided the QL
    > emulator isn't PowerMac only.

    If it is, you could swap two of the emulations around. ie:
    PC emulating Mac emulating Amiga emulating QL emulating Spectrum
    emulating Apple 1