Where are they now? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Where are they now? - Sinclair ; A few absent css'ers have been mentioned on the "Writing on the Wall" thread. Me, I'm active on WoS (as "robert@fm"), but hang out here [f'nar -- Ed] as well; in fact, css is currently the only NG I bother ...

  1. Where are they now?

    A few absent css'ers have been mentioned on the "Writing on the Wall"
    thread. Me, I'm active on WoS (as "robert@fm"), but hang out here
    [f'nar -- Ed] as well; in fact, css is currently the only NG I bother
    with, having ditched the diabetes support groups I used to follow
    because they've become trollheims like all support newsgroups.
    (Ironically, one of the last posts I made was that the denizens of one
    such group aren't idiots -- turned out I'd spoken too soon.) Seems
    like nearly all posts there are spam, or religious rantings by an
    idiot who's hyped himself up into the position of some kind of
    electronic martyr (he's too dumb to realise that most people don't
    object to his religious spam because it's religious, as he reckons,
    but because it's spam), or by a vegetarian idiot who's trying to push
    the (IMO nonexistent) "benefits" of vegetarianism by posting endless
    nonsense about how "dangerous" dietary iron is (I suppose that, on the
    other hand, dying of anaemia is "perfectly safe"), or by a third idiot
    endlessly warning of the "dangers" of aspartame (which, as most people
    with any sense know, is made of two amino acids which occur copiously
    in nearly all foods -- so if aspartame were one-tenth as "dangerous"
    as the tinfoil-hat brigade would have us believe, we'd all have died
    long since)...

    So, Where Are They Now?

    I haven't seen recently:
    Philip Kendall

    I haven't seen for yonks:
    Niall Tracy
    Ruth Berry
    Bluebottle (I've even forgotten her real name)
    ROBERT.BAK -- oops, that was me and I've long-since dropped that ID...
    Lee "Nymphadora" Tonks
    David Dregs/Alex Farlie (thank goodness for both those absences...)

    I'm sure there are more absent friends...

  2. Re: Where are they now?

    korax1214@gmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    > I haven't seen recently:
    > Philip Kendall

    Still a #speccy-er

    > I haven't seen for yonks:
    > Niall Tracy

    Goodness knows, not seen hide nor hair of him since...
    Ooo, since...
    erm...
    Well, my little bot has a sighting...
    !logseen titch
    titch was last seen at 20:54 on 26 Dec 2002
    The last thing (s)he said was "!ungag"
    4 years ago...
    Not sure if it's the real titch tracy or just someone taking his nickname
    though.

    > Ruth Berry

    Who?

    > Bluebottle (I've even forgotten her real name)

    She vanished too... Like an oooold oak table...
    As did Nattie.

    > ROBERT.BAK -- oops, that was me and I've long-since dropped that ID...

    Nope, not seen him in yonks.

    > Lee "Nymphadora" Tonks

    Nor blood tonks... (ooo, that rhymed. Ed)

    > David Dregs/Alex Farlie (thank goodness for both those absences...)

    Yay!
    (who's david dregs? did you mean beaker? David Lees?)

    > I'm sure there are more absent friends...

    There are...

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  3. Re: Where are they now?

    > Philip Kendall
    Active on WoS

    > Ruth Berry

    That was me posting from a friend's machine.

    > Lee "Nymphadora" Tonks

    Still turns up on WoS occasionally

  4. Re: Where are they now?

    On Jun 2, 3:06 pm, OwenBot wrote:
    > > Ruth Berry

    > That was me posting from a friend's machine.

    Er are you having us on? I could have sworn that Dr. Berry was a
    real human being -- she was partly to blame^W^W responsible for that
    Speccy random ****tail generator...

  5. Re: Where are they now?

    On Jun 2, 12:29 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > korax1...@gmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    > > David Dregs/Alex Farlie (thank goodness for both those absences...)

    > Yay!
    > (who's david dregs? did you mean beaker? David Lees?)

    Yup -- "lees" is a synonym for "dregs", hence my comedy nickname for
    Mr. Beaker...

  6. Re: Where are they now?

    OwenBot wrote:

    >> Ruth Berry

    > That was me posting from a friend's machine.

    Ooh, you tease.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  7. Re: Where are they now?

    korax1214@gmail.com wrote:

    > a vegetarian idiot who's trying to push the (IMO nonexistent) "benefits" of
    > vegetarianism by posting endless nonsense about how "dangerous"

    dietary iron
    > is (I suppose that, on the other hand, dying of anaemia is "perfectly

    safe")

    My mum's three-quarters through a course of chemo (no immediate danger,
    purely precautionary, thanks for asking). If she's anaemic, she doesn't
    get it. She's wolfing down the iron pills like sweets (under medical
    supervision, of course).

    > or by a third idiot endlessly warning of the "dangers" of aspartame (which,
    > as most people with any sense know, is made of two amino acids which

    occur
    > copiously in nearly all foods -- so if aspartame were one-tenth as

    "dangerous"
    > as the tinfoil-hat brigade would have us believe, we'd all have died
    > long since)...

    Dangerous? No. Revolting? Hoooo yes...

    > Lee "Nymphadora" Tonks

    He's barely been seen since I started posting, just over eight years
    ago. I think he hangs around WOS these days, though.

    > David Dregs/Alex Farlie (thank goodness for both those absences...)

    Oh yeah. Fairlie still drops the odd (Very odd. -Ed.) post in now and
    again.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  8. Re: Where are they now?

    On Jun 3, 3:19 am, Duncan Snowden wrote:
    > OwenBot wrote:
    > >> Ruth Berry

    > > That was me posting from a friend's machine.

    > Ooh, you tease.

    That was when I was still a net noob. I only got started in 1994 on a
    VMS in a lab at Long Island U. Took me a long while after that to
    figure things out.

  9. Re: Where are they now?

    Matthew Smith wrote Manic Miner. korax1214@gmail.com wrote:

    > a vegetarian idiot who's trying to push the (IMO nonexistent)
    > "benefits" of vegetarianism by posting endless nonsense about how
    > "dangerous" dietary iron is (I suppose that, on the other hand,
    > dying of anaemia is "perfectly safe")

    Grrrr. I hate evangelical vegetarians. Almost as much as I hate people
    who make snap judgements based on lifestyle choices. Ho hum.

    Lee

    --
    2006 Unclear Research Ltd YES I KNOW MY SIG'S ONE YEAR OUT OF DATE

+ Reply to Thread