The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone boots! - Sinclair

This is a discussion on The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone boots! - Sinclair ; Having hooked up the Z80 and 48K ROM to the Harlequins video circuit, I've managed to get it to boot! There are some memory access timing problems which I'm in the process of resolving, but so far the results are ...

  1. The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone boots!

    Having hooked up the Z80 and 48K ROM to the Harlequins video circuit,
    I've managed to get it to boot!

    There are some memory access timing problems which I'm in the process
    of resolving, but so far the results are encouraging.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing if I've got a 100% compatible
    clone!

    More info http://www.nfluid.com/specDesign

    Regards,
    Chris

  2. Re: The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone boots!

    On May 29, 12:35 pm, csmith wrote:
    > Having hooked up the Z80 and 48K ROM to the Harlequins video circuit,
    > I've managed to get it to boot!
    >
    > There are some memory access timing problems which I'm in the process
    > of resolving, but so far the results are encouraging.
    > I'm really looking forward to seeing if I've got a 100% compatible
    > clone!
    >
    > More infohttp://www.nfluid.com/specDesign

    That's very impressive. I wish someone making homebrew speccies would
    include Spectrum SE support though. Ah well, maybe when there's a bit
    more software to run on it.

  3. Re: The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone boots!

    csmith wrote:

    > Having hooked up the Z80 and 48K ROM to the Harlequins video circuit,
    > I've managed to get it to boot!
    >
    > There are some memory access timing problems which I'm in the process
    > of resolving, but so far the results are encouraging.
    > I'm really looking forward to seeing if I've got a 100% compatible
    > clone!

    It's aliiiiiive!

    Brilliant news. Congraturation.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  4. Re: The Harlequin ZX Spectrum clone boots!

    On 29 Mag, 13:35, csmith wrote:
    > Having hooked up the Z80 and 48K ROM to the Harlequins video circuit,
    > I've managed to get it to boot!
    >
    > There are some memory access timing problems which I'm in the process
    > of resolving, but so far the results are encouraging.
    > I'm really looking forward to seeing if I've got a 100% compatible
    > clone!

    I'm looking at your site from time to time. Really hope it will work
    completely asap!

    Mentore

+ Reply to Thread