Sir Clive's new lawn - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Sir Clive's new lawn - Sinclair ; Sir Clive will have looked out from his penthouse above Trafalgar Square yesterday and seen grass as far as the eye can see. Overnight the entire square had been covered with turf. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events...den/article.do Just right for today's sunshine but it ...

  1. Sir Clive's new lawn

    Sir Clive will have looked out from his penthouse above Trafalgar
    Square yesterday and seen grass as far as the eye can see.

    Overnight the entire square had been covered with turf.

    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events...den/article.do

    Just right for today's sunshine but it all ends tonight when it is
    rolled up and moved elsewhere.

  2. Re: Sir Clive's new lawn

    > Sir Clive will have looked out from his penthouse above Trafalgar
    > Square yesterday and seen grass as far as the eye can see.
    >
    > Overnight the entire square had been covered with turf.
    >
    > http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events...den/article.do
    >
    > Just right for today's sunshine but it all ends tonight when it is
    > rolled up and moved elsewhere.

    rather tenuous sinclair link there...

  3. Re: Sir Clive's new lawn

    "Matty H" wrote in message

    >> Sir Clive will have looked out from his penthouse above Trafalgar
    >> Square yesterday and seen grass as far as the eye can see.
    >>
    >> Overnight the entire square had been covered with turf.
    >>
    >> http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events...den/article.do
    >>
    >> Just right for today's sunshine but it all ends tonight when it is
    >> rolled up and moved elsewhere.

    > rather tenuous sinclair link there...

    But is it really worth it for 2 whole days !

    Andy

  4. Re: Sir Clive's new lawn

    On 25 May, 16:18, "Matty H" wrote:

    > rather tenuous sinclair link there...

    Well he was the first resident in Trafalgar Square and he has
    mentioned the spectacular views before

    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n12819348

  5. Re: Sir Clive's new lawn

    Geoff Wearmouth wrote:

    > Sir Clive will have looked out from his penthouse above Trafalgar
    > Square yesterday and seen grass as far as the eye can see.
    >
    > Overnight the entire square had been covered with turf.
    >
    > http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/events...den/article.do
    >
    > Just right for today's sunshine but it all ends tonight when it is
    > rolled up and moved elsewhere.

    Shame there aren't any bigger photos there. That all looks rather pleasant.

    "Interesting" Trafalgar Square fact that I just discovered the other
    day: Despite being about 160 years old, It's laid out in meters, hectors
    and all that other French malarkey because the architect, Sir Charles
    Barry, was convinced of their superiority. Tch, eh? Barry's the bloke
    who did the Palace of Westminster, too. If I find out it was done in
    these degenerate measurements rather than Her Majesty's noble feet and
    inches, I may explode.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  6. Re: Sir Clive's new lawn

    In article <465c5caf$0$1340$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com>, Duncan
    Snowden writes
    > Her Majesty's noble feet

    Her Majesty's feet are Regal, surely?

    --
    Jamie

  7. Re: Sir Clive's new lawn

    On Wed, 30 May 2007 10:50:40 +0100, Jamie
    wrote:

    >In article <465c5caf$0$1340$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com>, Duncan
    >Snowden writes
    >> Her Majesty's noble feet