Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search - Sinclair ; See? I've posted the same message twice, and the server has told me that "an error has been detected, please try again later" both times I declare my hate to Google...

  1. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    See? I've posted the same message twice, and the server has told me
    that "an error has been detected, please try again later" both
    times

    I declare my hate to Google

  2. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Depresiv did eloquently scribble:

    > See? I've posted the same message twice, and the server has told me
    > that "an error has been detected, please try again later" both
    > times

    > I declare my hate to Google

    Well, the obvious solution to the google dilemma, is to not post via it.

    usenet was designed to be used with a dedicated client. Google's web gateway
    might be useful for searching their archives but it's always taken ages for
    things posted via it to get out onto the real usenet network.

    Proper news servers propogate the messages very quickly, normally.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  3. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Which newsreader do you guys recommend?

  4. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On 2007-05-24, zxbruno wrote:

    > Which newsreader do you guys recommend?

    Moira Stuart, goes like a train.

  5. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Ian Rawlings wibbled:

    > On 2007-05-24, zxbruno wrote:
    >
    > > Which newsreader do you guys recommend?

    > Moira Stuart, goes like a train.

    That's the most f'nar-worthy post in a long time

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  6. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-05-24, zxbruno wrote:

    >> Which newsreader do you guys recommend?

    > Moira Stuart, goes like a train.

    Or, if you like the older, more talented one... Angela Rippon.
    ("There may be trouble ahead...")

    But seriously, it's all a matter of personal choice, there's the ones
    already mentioned for windows, there're DOZENS more available for linux,
    tin, knews, gnus, pine, trn, slrn, the list could go on and on.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |