Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search - Sinclair ; (I don't know if desist to thread this interesting post - I'll do it again, once more!) I've found this site you would consider supporting as well, for a very good cause: http://www.goto82.com Strangely, here you can download a hacked ...

  1. Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    (I don't know if desist to thread this interesting post - I'll do it
    again, once more!)

    I've found this site you would consider supporting as well, for a very
    good cause:

    http://www.goto82.com

    Strangely, here you can download a hacked copy of CodeMasters' game
    "Murray Mouse SuperCop" which includes this emotive speccy screen.

    RDisky

    (Aaaaaargh. Google server error again!!!!!!)

    The watcher and the tower, waiting hour by hour

  2. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    > (I don't know if desist to thread this interesting post - I'll do it
    > again, once more!)

    LOOK! STOP IT!
    You hypocritical git!

    "Oooo, comp sys sinlair is overwhelmed by crap posts! Everyone stop it right
    now!... meanwhile I'll post the same thing 6 times just to piss everyone
    off!"
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On Tue, 22 May 2007 20:19:33 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> (I don't know if desist to thread this interesting post - I'll do it
    >> again, once more!)

    >LOOK! STOP IT!
    >You hypocritical git!
    >"Oooo, comp sys sinlair is overwhelmed by crap posts! Everyone stop it right
    >now!... meanwhile I'll post the same thing 6 times just to piss everyone
    >off!"

    Maybe he's trying to post up to 350 messages about this emotive
    plight. After all, an average of 350 British children go missing every
    year. Funny how the newspapers don't do weeks of front pages for each
    of them. I guess Portugal's a nice place this time of year for a hack
    to visit.

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor

  4. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Peter Thomas did eloquently scribble:
    > On Tue, 22 May 2007 20:19:33 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> (I don't know if desist to thread this interesting post - I'll do it
    >>> again, once more!)

    >>LOOK! STOP IT!
    >>You hypocritical git!
    >>"Oooo, comp sys sinlair is overwhelmed by crap posts! Everyone stop it right
    >>now!... meanwhile I'll post the same thing 6 times just to piss everyone
    >>off!"

    > Maybe he's trying to post up to 350 messages about this emotive
    > plight. After all, an average of 350 British children go missing every
    > year. Funny how the newspapers don't do weeks of front pages for each
    > of them. I guess Portugal's a nice place this time of year for a hack
    > to visit.

    Indeed. (cynical bunch aren't we?)

  5. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    RDisky wrote:
    > (I don't know if desist to thread this interesting post - I'll do it
    > again, once more!)

    Dear baby,

    Welcome to *plonk*sville.

    Population: You.

  6. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    READ the upper thread. It wasn't funny for me trying to repeat this
    thread if google group server didn't work well for me yesterday. I
    repeat, this wasn't FUNNY and maybe to another user could happen the
    same. Blame it on the server then. Sometimes it's a crap when
    connection speed is very low or viruses invade my computer or a
    slowdown punch me over. I recently contracted Internet at home and
    since then I only got problems I could resolve with few difficulty.

    I wish it never happened.

    Do I have to repeat it again. If you see this message, you will say
    I'm crazy. But As I said to Peter Thomas privately (I suppose) Google
    Group server returns to me this message "We have detected an error
    when trying to send the post. Please, try it more later." What can I
    do then? Use a newsgroup application instead?

  7. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On 2007-05-23, RDisky wrote:

    > Group server returns to me this message "We have detected an error
    > when trying to send the post. Please, try it more later." What can I
    > do then? Use a newsgroup application instead?

    Do your testing in alt.test, that's what it's for.

  8. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    > READ the upper thread. It wasn't funny for me trying to repeat this
    > thread if google group server didn't work well for me yesterday. I
    > repeat, this wasn't FUNNY and maybe to another user could happen the
    > same. Blame it on the server then.

    No.
    You KNEW it'd worked. You even responded to one of my posts about
    codemasters being distribution denied so obviously it got through.

    And yet, some 5 hours after THAT post, you started again.

    > Do I have to repeat it again. If you see this message, you will say
    > I'm crazy. But As I said to Peter Thomas privately (I suppose) Google
    > Group server returns to me this message "We have detected an error
    > when trying to send the post. Please, try it more later." What can I
    > do then? Use a newsgroup application instead?

    Yes.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  9. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    RDisky wrote:

    > Do I have to repeat it again. If you see this message, you will say
    > I'm crazy. But As I said to Peter Thomas privately (I suppose) Google
    > Group server returns to me this message "We have detected an error
    > when trying to send the post. Please, try it more later." What can I
    > do then? Use a newsgroup application instead?

    Hi RDisky!

    Why not taking (trying) some freeware (all well, AFAIK) Newsreader. On
    IBM-PC, either Linux or Win32 will give you plenty of freeware
    Newsreader, indeed. The MS-DOS one (I don't remember the name, and it
    is configured by feet) is also strong, but lacks the window-based
    features of Windows, X-Window, Workbench and similar... Win32-clients
    are the easiest to configure, but not really the best in handling, IMO.

    Web-based clients, or Outlook Express are a catastrophe

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: alt.test or similar is really good for playing around with your
    new installed and never used Newsreader .

    P.P.S.: R.T.F.M. (you need a path for the feet, if you dare to choose a
    real newsreader, any other Win32 lame questions will be ignored here. I
    am pretty sure )

  10. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On 2007-05-23, Daniel Mandic wrote:

    > (I don't remember the name, and it is configured by feet)

    You are on fine form today!

    > (you need a path for the feet, if you dare to choose a real
    > newsreader

    Blimey.

  11. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:52:34 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Ian Rawlings:

    > > (you need a path for the feet, if you dare to choose a real
    > > newsreader

    > Blimey.

    Well, you wouldn't want to walk on the grass, would you?

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  12. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On 22 May 2007 23:22:17 -0700, RDisky wrote:

    >READ the upper thread.

    I did.

    >It wasn't funny for me trying to repeat this
    >thread if google group server didn't work well for me yesterday.

    I'd have been on the forgiving side if your original message had some
    kind of point.

    >I repeat,

    We know you do, very well indeed.

    >this wasn't FUNNY

    You're right, it's not really up there with Han**** or Milligan. And
    frankly, the lofty heights of Bill Hicks aren't visible from down
    here. Concentrate on the tap-dancing routine though.

    >and maybe to another user could happen the
    >same. Blame it on the server then. Sometimes it's a crap when
    >connection speed is very low or viruses invade my computer

    Isn't it your responsibility to protect your computer from viruses?

    >Do I have to repeat it again.

    I think Spike made his views clear on that subject.

    >If you see this message, you will say
    >I'm crazy. But As I said to Peter Thomas privately

    Eh?

    > (I suppose) Google
    >Group server returns to me this message "We have detected an error
    >when trying to send the post. Please, try it more later." What can I
    >do then? Use a newsgroup application instead?

    I think you've answered that question, although you probably don't
    know it.

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor
    [hyphen] ¦ Designer/programmer
    inn [dot] ¦
    co [dot] uk¦ http://www.tiswasonline.com

  13. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > On 2007-05-23, Daniel Mandic wrote:
    >
    >> (you need a path for the feet, if you dare to choose a real
    >> newsreader

    > Blimey.

    He's right, you know. I've got a path for my feet, right under my desk
    between a pile of old Amiga disks and the PSU for my telly.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  14. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On 2007-05-23, Duncan Snowden wrote:

    > He's right, you know. I've got a path for my feet, right under my desk
    > between a pile of old Amiga disks and the PSU for my telly.

    Alas I have exploding knees, triggered by an incident in which I was
    hit by a batter pudding near Bexhill-on-Sea.

  15. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Ian Rawlings did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-05-23, Duncan Snowden wrote:

    >> He's right, you know. I've got a path for my feet, right under my desk
    >> between a pile of old Amiga disks and the PSU for my telly.

    > Alas I have exploding knees, triggered by an incident in which I was
    > hit by a batter pudding near Bexhill-on-Sea.

    didn't know you were Neddy Seagoon in a previous life.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  16. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > Blimey.

    Crikey.

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  17. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On 2007-05-23, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > didn't know you were Neddy Seagoon in a previous life.

    I'm enough of a silly, twisted boy to have all the goon shows known to
    still exist on my MP3 player, the ones the BBC released I have on CD,
    the ones that the beeb aren't releasing (recording too bad) I've
    downloaded from various places.

    Were there ever any Goon Show speccy games I wonder? I expect there
    were loads of Monty Python ones, the splitters!

  18. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 06:59:36 +0100, Ian Rawlings
    wrote:

    >Were there ever any Goon Show speccy games I wonder? I expect there
    >were loads of Monty Python ones, the splitters!

    There's only been just the one Monty Python game for the Speccy. I'd
    love to know if there were any unofficial games.

    Albatross!

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor
    [hyphen] ¦ Designer/programmer
    inn [dot] ¦
    co [dot] uk¦ http://www.tiswasonline.com

  19. Re: Spectrum game supporting Madeleine search

    On May 23, 7:22 am, RDisky wrote:
    > Do I have to repeat it again.

    No -- as Spike told you, repeating it *once* is far too many times...

    (And I'm very sorry for the poor kid, but (1) I don't see what I for
    one can do and (2) she's probably dead by now...)

+ Reply to Thread