I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me? - Sinclair ; I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?...

  1. I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is
    it me?

  2. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internetor is it me?

    RDisky wrote:
    > I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is
    > it me?

    Its working fine here! I see your last message 3 times.

    C.

  3. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    > I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is
    > it me?

    It's you, you're posting fine.
    You're just not giving your newsreader or news server time to catch up.
    | in |good to you so far... |

  4. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    On 2007-05-22, RDisky wrote:

    > I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is
    > it me?

    The internet is leaking some oil at the moment, I think there is a
    pipe off somewhere, there's a pool of porn building up in the road
    outside. I saw a Central Internet Board van in the vicinity, so
    normal service will be restored soon I suspect.

  5. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    On 22 mayo, 17:29, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > It's you, you're posting fine.
    > You're just not giving your newsreader or news server time to catch up.

    It's possible, but when "Goggle server error" prompts UP TO ONE MINUTE
    later, after sending the message, then I can think to turn it up for a
    while and try again, even refresh the site for minutes. But what can I
    do if it happens more frequently? Swop my PC for a Speccy with Prism
    VTX-5000 Modem? :-)

    BTW, for the previous thread, I don't support the game anyway for
    belonging to a company that denied the distribution of this game and
    the others. Just in case, would CM make legal actions against RALPHY
    in spite of not making any profit with his hackeries?

    All would be different if another free distributed game was used for
    this particular case.

    RDISKY

    The watcher and the tower, waiting hour by hour

  6. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    > On 22 mayo, 17:29, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> It's you, you're posting fine.
    >> You're just not giving your newsreader or news server time to catch up.

    > It's possible, but when "Goggle server error" prompts UP TO ONE MINUTE
    > later, after sending the message, then I can think to turn it up for a
    > while and try again, even refresh the site for minutes. But what can I
    > do if it happens more frequently? Swop my PC for a Speccy with Prism
    > VTX-5000 Modem? :-)

    Well, you could post from a real newsreader rather than via google.
    Check to see if your isp supports NNTP (usenet), install a news reader and
    use that.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  7. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    > Well, you could post from a real newsreader rather than via google.
    > Check to see if your isp supports NNTP (usenet), install a news reader and
    > use that.

    Which one, if it's not complicated to use.

  8. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    Well I mean which newsreader you suggest. :-)

    I've never used one since Internet was born.

  9. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internet or is it me?

    RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    > Well I mean which newsreader you suggest. :-)

    > I've never used one since Internet was born.

    Which OS are you on?
    If windows, the only one I know of that used to, (don't know if it still is)
    be any good, is Free Agent (or Agent for the paid for version)

    If you're on a decent OS, there're dozens to choose from.

    Or, you could just try opera, the web browser. (the latest one does
    mail and also newsgroups)
    | in |good to you so far... |

  10. Re: I cannot thread anything. Is there anything wrong with Internetor is it me?

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    >> Well I mean which newsreader you suggest. :-)

    >> I've never used one since Internet was born.

    > Which OS are you on?
    > If windows, the only one I know of that used to, (don't know if it still is)
    > be any good, is Free Agent (or Agent for the paid for version)
    >
    > If you're on a decent OS, there're dozens to choose from.
    >
    > Or, you could just try opera, the web browser. (the latest one does
    > mail and also newsgroups)

    Thunderbird works for me.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.