Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game - Sinclair ; On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:00:06 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin' to MC Peter Thomas: > * = For 'glowing', read 'incredibly hostile in a frothing-at-the-mouth > kind of way that defeats any point he's trying to make'. ...

  1. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:00:06 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Peter Thomas:

    > * = For 'glowing', read 'incredibly hostile in a frothing-at-the-mouth
    > kind of way that defeats any point he's trying to make'.

    Link?

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  2. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    "Chris Young" wrote:

    > > * = For 'glowing', read 'incredibly hostile in a
    > > frothing-at-the-mouth
    > > kind of way that defeats any point he's trying to make'.

    > Link?

    Presumably the one with message-ID
    Pine.LNX.4.61.0606022221540.32197@obd.egyptus.co.u k

    Eq.

  3. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    On Sun, 20 May 2007, Paul E Collins wrote:

    > "Chris Young" wrote:
    >
    >>> * = For 'glowing', read 'incredibly hostile in a
    >>> frothing-at-the-mouth
    >>> kind of way that defeats any point he's trying to make'.

    >> Link?

    > Presumably the one with message-ID
    > Pine.LNX.4.61.0606022221540.32197@obd.egyptus.co.u k

    Having reached that age where some of my younger Usenet ramblings now
    makes me cringe, I looked that post ID up with some trepidation.

    Fortunately that post looks quite sane to me.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/

  4. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    Paul E Collins did eloquently scribble:
    > "Chris Young" wrote:

    >> > * = For 'glowing', read 'incredibly hostile in a
    >> > frothing-at-the-mouth
    >> > kind of way that defeats any point he's trying to make'.

    >> Link?

    > Presumably the one with message-ID
    > Pine.LNX.4.61.0606022221540.32197@obd.egyptus.co.u k

    Hmmmm, google groups appears not to have that one.
    Was it x-no-archived?

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  5. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 12:09:11 +0100, "Paul E Collins"
    wrote:

    >> > * = For 'glowing', read 'incredibly hostile in a
    >> > frothing-at-the-mouth
    >> > kind of way that defeats any point he's trying to make'.

    >> Link?

    >Presumably the one with message-ID
    >Pine.LNX.4.61.0606022221540.32197@obd.egyptus.co.u k

    It is indeed. Showing that Mr Humphries couldn't find the point with
    an electric point-finding machine, set to "extremely high point
    detection".

    So no change there then.

    Note for people unfamiliar to British Saturday morning kids TV shows:
    A lot of arsing about, silly costumes and acting the fool occurs on
    them, and has done since, oooh, 1973. I wasn't exactly going to appear
    in a smart suit and talk about Serial ATA transfer rates.

    Appearing on Dick And Dom In Da Bungalow is my second happiest
    experience of being in a TV studio. The first, will appear on ITV1
    next month, attention-seeking bastard that I am.

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor

  6. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    Peter Thomas did eloquently scribble:
    > Appearing on Dick And Dom In Da Bungalow is my second happiest
    > experience of being in a TV studio. The first, will appear on ITV1
    > next month, attention-seeking bastard that I am.

    What're you doing then?
    As it was a happy experience that means it excludes eastenders...

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  7. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 12:43:20 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> Appearing on Dick And Dom In Da Bungalow is my second happiest
    >> experience of being in a TV studio. The first, will appear on ITV1
    >> next month, attention-seeking bastard that I am.

    >What're you doing then?

    Appearing on Tiswas. Albeit, in the audience, and indeed, it's a
    one-off special. But it still counts! I helped out with some of the
    show's research too. A certain cutlery-throwing celeb had me in a
    headlock after the show, and I've got photographic evidence I could
    easily flog to the tabloids...

    "It's been 25 years since Tiswas last aired" said Sally James. Then it
    dawned on me that the ZX Spectrum popped up around that time.

    >As it was a happy experience that means it excludes eastenders...

    Why does that show still exist? What's the point of it?

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor
    [hyphen] ¦ Designer/programmer
    inn [dot] ¦
    co [dot] uk¦ http://www.tiswasonline.com

  8. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    Peter Thomas did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sun, 20 May 2007 12:43:20 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>> Appearing on Dick And Dom In Da Bungalow is my second happiest
    >>> experience of being in a TV studio. The first, will appear on ITV1
    >>> next month, attention-seeking bastard that I am.

    >>What're you doing then?

    > Appearing on Tiswas. Albeit, in the audience, and indeed, it's a
    > one-off special. But it still counts! I helped out with some of the
    > show's research too. A certain cutlery-throwing celeb had me in a
    > headlock after the show, and I've got photographic evidence I could
    > easily flog to the tabloids...

    > "It's been 25 years since Tiswas last aired" said Sally James. Then it
    > dawned on me that the ZX Spectrum popped up around that time.

    They're...making...a...new...TISWAS?...1!111!!!!!1 1oneone!!1!exclaimation!2

    >>As it was a happy experience that means it excludes eastenders...
    >>

    > Why does that show still exist? What's the point of it?

    Makes people think they don't have it bad after all, presumably?
    Either that, or misery loves company?
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  9. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 15:32:13 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >>>What're you doing then?

    >> Appearing on Tiswas. Albeit, in the audience, and indeed, it's a
    >> one-off special. But it still counts! I helped out with some of the
    >> show's research too. A certain cutlery-throwing celeb had me in a
    >> headlock after the show, and I've got photographic evidence I could
    >> easily flog to the tabloids...
    >> "It's been 25 years since Tiswas last aired" said Sally James. Then it
    >> dawned on me that the ZX Spectrum popped up around that time.

    >They're...making...a...new...TISWAS?...1!111!!!!!1 1oneone!!1!exclaimation!2

    Yeah. Or rather, made. It was recorded at LWT^H^H^H The London Studios
    on 23rd April It's called Tiswas Reunited. Would have aired on 5th May
    in a 75-min slot, but ITV deemed it so good that it deserved a 90-min
    slot. Hence the delay.

    Not so much a 'new Tiswas', but a reunion of the old presenters in a
    modern-day recreation of the set (plus a 500-strong audience that
    would never fit into ATV's studio 2), lots of clips (some really
    familar, some rare - we donated quite a few).

    Chrs/Sally/Lenny/John/Bob recreated some of the moments, and my
    website had a hand in recruiting people into the Cage to be gunged and
    soaked. (I applied for this, but was disqualified as I was doing work
    for the show. Gutted!)

    Photos here: http://tinyurl.com/2nr4em

    >>>As it was a happy experience that means it excludes eastenders...
    >>>

    >> Why does that show still exist? What's the point of it?

    >Makes people think they don't have it bad after all, presumably?
    >Either that, or misery loves company?

    It's a good theory, although I do wonder why Radiohead aren't top of
    the charts.

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor
    [hyphen] ¦ Designer/programmer
    inn [dot] ¦
    co [dot] uk¦ http://www.tiswasonline.com

  10. Re: Name the 'rabbit chess' game

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > They're...making...a...new...TISWAS?...1!111!!!!!1 1oneone!!1!exclaimation!2

    I'm lost for words. This is ... absolutely ...

    See?

    >>> As it was a happy experience that means it excludes eastenders...
    >>>

    >> Why does that show still exist? What's the point of it?

    > Makes people think they don't have it bad after all, presumably?
    > Either that, or misery loves company?

    It's a job creation scheme for actors who can only do "angry" and
    "miserable".

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread