Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not? - Sinclair ; In news:1179683223.499474.30550@n15g2000prd.googlegro ups.com, korax1214@gmail.com typed: > On May 20, 2:15 am, fuzzix wrote: >> What if animated smileys make your >> tract itch? > > None of the WoS smilies are animated. Indeed, and all can be turned off D....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 56 of 56

  1. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    In news:1179683223.499474.30550@n15g2000prd.googlegro ups.com,
    korax1214@gmail.com typed:

    > On May 20, 2:15 am, fuzzix wrote:
    >> What if animated smileys make your
    >> tract itch?

    > None of the WoS smilies are animated.

    Indeed, and all can be turned off

    D.

  2. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    On Sun, 20 May 2007, Dunny wrote:

    > In news:1179683223.499474.30550@n15g2000prd.googlegro ups.com,
    > korax1214@gmail.com typed:
    >
    >> On May 20, 2:15 am, fuzzix wrote:
    >>> What if animated smileys make your
    >>> tract itch?

    >> None of the WoS smilies are animated.

    > Indeed, and all can be turned off

    Anyone else getting the feeling that most of those people who are
    criticising WOS Forums actually haven't been there recently?

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/

  3. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    "Nick Humphries" wrote:

    > Anyone else getting the feeling that most of those people who are
    > criticising WOS Forums actually haven't been there recently?

    I've been there quite recently and I find them far less usable and
    humorous than css. I won't dispute that there's probably more Sinclair
    news there than here, though.

    Eq.

  4. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    > None of the WoS smilies are animated.

    So I'm just imagining these?

  5. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    On Sun, 20 May 2007, fuzzix wrote:

    > korax1214@gmail.com wrote:
    >> None of the WoS smilies are animated.

    > So I'm just imagining these?

    *shrug*

    If you'd rather pick holes rather than going there, then that's your call.
    I'm sure CSS can find some sort of niche, though I can't imagine what. At
    worst it will just be a monument commemorating how things used to be.
    Those of us who are doing things in the scene may be found at the WOS
    Forums.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/
    YSRnRY documentary (1988 OUT NOW!) http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/tvprog/
    The Tipshop http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/
    ZX Video and WWW Alerts http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsscheck.pl

  6. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    Nick Humphries wrote:
    > If you'd rather pick holes rather than going there, then that's your
    > call.

    I did go there... then I came here.

    I reckon you'll be missed around these parts, Nick. Do me a favour,
    though... Keep us up to date on the YSRNRY vids? Top bollocks and no
    mistake.

    Good luck.

  7. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    On Sun, 20 May 2007, fuzzix wrote:

    > Nick Humphries wrote:
    >> If you'd rather pick holes rather than going there, then that's your call.

    > I did go there... then I came here.
    >
    > I reckon you'll be missed around these parts, Nick. Do me a favour,
    > though... Keep us up to date on the YSRNRY vids? Top bollocks and no
    > mistake.

    You'll want to subscribe to at least one of the mailing lists on this page
    then

    http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsscheck.pl

    Any news of site updates will be sent to you pretty much immediately via
    email or RSS feed - this includes a separate feed dedicated to the
    documentary.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/
    YSRnRY documentary (1988 OUT NOW!) http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/tvprog/
    The Tipshop http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/
    ZX Video and WWW Alerts http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsscheck.pl

  8. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    Chris Young wrote:

    > Unless I'm pretty much mistaken, you are still here, therefore this is
    > your venue as well, hence perhaps you should put what you say into
    > practice and try and improve it? Like Spike said - you could post
    > news here that you read on WOS. This benefits everyone, such as Brian
    > who is unable to effectively read web forums, or Daniel with his
    > extremely limited download rates.

    Hi Chris!

    I had DSL 2048. With an astonishing speed and marvelous latency!
    Austria POST.

    My last ISP (first, and first one in Austria. Changed the possessor
    many times, though.) have been unsubscribed by me, due to fu..... me.
    Not to mention the disabling of STAC Compression. I have asked by phone
    for correct settings I should set for some kind of compression. No
    answer.
    Then I have said, the phone-bill (data, of course) is not correct, they
    said I cannot be sure and their counter works perfect and do not
    swindle. Hmmm, maybe she forgot my troubles with compression, hence my
    demur. [officially sent the NetAdmin 2 E-Mails to me, with technical
    help for setting up my MoDem correct]

    Now I have the same provider as I had with DSL and it works as perfect
    as the former HighSpeed DSL. With STAC, fast latency and ~8kb/sec
    permanent. Account is included with my Phone and I pay per minute.

    ~40UKP/Month was a bit too high for me (although a marvelous thing) and
    its results would have been better invested, by buying a 'David
    Attenborough' Collection (DVD or so...) and asking a friendly Guy for a
    AMIGA CD/DVD with 17000 titles (~17GB, 5GB compressed).

    (Months...)

    Kind regards,

    Daniel Mandic

    P.S.: /me Back to the roots (I have also remarked, that I had an
    strange beahaviour, especially in Usenet, while having the flat-rate
    highspeed. Fast, hectic and too much ... all online.....)

  9. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    Nick Humphries wrote:

    > Anyone else getting the feeling that most of those people who are
    > criticising WOS Forums actually haven't been there recently?

    wheew, that's spooky....

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  10. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    You know those annoying religious fundamental street preachers? The
    ones that curse 99% of the world because they don't believe in God,
    telling you repeatedly that you're going to hell? Those people. The
    ones who proudly boast how they are the chosen ones, how they are
    going to heaven, and everyone who doesn't agree with them is going
    down to Brimstone City.

    When you think about it, even if they are right, who would want to
    share an afterlife with them anyway? I'm personally quite glad that on
    several occasions I've been told I'm going to a place where these
    spiteful pointless hate-filled people won't be.

    Anyways, changing the subject back on topic... I think I heard someone
    saying this place isn't good, and somewhere else is better.

    *cough*

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor

  11. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    Peter Thomas did eloquently scribble:
    > You know those annoying religious fundamental street preachers? The
    > ones that curse 99% of the world because they don't believe in God,
    > telling you repeatedly that you're going to hell? Those people. The
    > ones who proudly boast how they are the chosen ones, how they are
    > going to heaven, and everyone who doesn't agree with them is going
    > down to Brimstone City.

    > When you think about it, even if they are right, who would want to
    > share an afterlife with them anyway? I'm personally quite glad that on
    > several occasions I've been told I'm going to a place where these
    > spiteful pointless hate-filled people won't be.

    > Anyways, changing the subject back on topic... I think I heard someone
    > saying this place isn't good, and somewhere else is better.

    Hehe
    | in |good to you so far... |

  12. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On May 20, 8:57 am, Ian Rawlings wrote:

    > I'm amazed at the take-off of web forums, they're pants and slow, but
    > you do get those ickle smiley thingies that are sooo kewl d00d rox on
    > l8trz

    I'm not at all surprised. Most people don't have free usenet access
    any more, except via Google Groups which has all the disadvantages of
    a web forum coupled with the quirks of usenet - hardly the best of
    both worlds.

  13. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On 2007-05-23, AndyC wrote:

    > I'm not at all surprised. Most people don't have free usenet access
    > any more, except via Google Groups which has all the disadvantages of
    > a web forum coupled with the quirks of usenet - hardly the best of
    > both worlds.

    Well yes, there is that I suppose, usenet servers are hard to get
    right on a large scale. My current ISP used to offer it as part of the
    service via Supernews, but they got bought out by the usual bangalore
    call centre lot who don't know what a news server is.

  14. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > It's not dead, it's just restin.

    Pinin' for YS.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  15. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > See? See?! Usenet better. Web forums crap.
    > SEE!?
    >
    > easy to use texttospeech, so the blind can use it.
    > Easy on the phone bill cos you can post and download all the articles
    > independent of any website and read them offline...
    > Text only so you get quick download times
    > threaded, properly
    >

    > Call me a luddite, I don't care.

    As usual, I completely agree with your forthright views, but in a rather
    less forthright manner.

    I was shocked when I read the last ZXF and realised how much I'd lost
    touch with the Speccy scene. It hasn't prompted me to start reading the
    WOS forums, because I really can't stand the things at all, but it's
    really sad that this group has become a backwater. I accept it's never
    going to be the main forum for all things Speccy again, but I hope
    something can be done about keeping us luddites in touch. Dunno what,
    though.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  16. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    AndyC wrote:

    > I'm not at all surprised. Most people don't have free usenet access
    > any more, except via Google Groups which has all the disadvantages of
    > a web forum coupled with the quirks of usenet - hardly the best of
    > both worlds.

    It's a good point. Most people's experience of Usenet these days is that
    it's like a web forum, only worse. Poor buggers.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3