Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not? - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not? - Sinclair ; > computers such as the JupiterAce, TK95, SAM Coupe and never-to-be Jupiter Ace users are very rare like their machines, so you will never find them in here, They are in there own forums at http;//www.jupiter-ace.co.uk - the Jupiter Ace ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

  1. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    > computers such as the JupiterAce, TK95, SAM Coupe and never-to-be

    Jupiter Ace users are very rare like their machines, so you will never
    find them in here,

    They are in there own forums at http;//www.jupiter-ace.co.uk - the
    Jupiter Ace Archive.

    >From time to time you can catch them around their camp fire talking

    backwards as you do in Forth.

    If you would like to see all whats going on the the Ace world like the
    131K Jupiter Ace with FlashDrives, new software..then pop over.

    A U.

  2. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On 20 May 2007 00:41:30 -0700, zxbruno
    wrote:

    >I agree with the original poster and also with Nick H. There are some
    >good specchums in here, but unfortunately there's lots of unfriendly
    >people who scare others away

    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

    >I will keep coming here, in the hope that things will change for the
    >better.

    Usenet is the better medium. WoS has the activity. So just try to get
    them lot over 'ere!

  3. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On 2007-05-20, Woody wrote:

    > Usenet is the better medium. WoS has the activity. So just try to get
    > them lot over 'ere!

    I'm amazed at the take-off of web forums, they're pants and slow, but
    you do get those ickle smiley thingies that are sooo kewl d00d rox on
    l8trz

    Arrgh!

  4. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    RDisky wrote in news:1179589749.115573.282990
    @e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

    http://www.sinclairfaq.com/cssfolklore/
    --
    Derek Jolly (css at jollyd dot ukfsn dot org)

  5. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On 20 mayo, 09:41, zxbruno kindly wrote:
    > There is one excellent Sinclair Usenet group, but that's the Spanish
    > one. They're friendly, active in the scene, helpful, knowledgeable but
    > not full of themselves, and they don't let rude people take over.
    >
    > I will keep coming here, in the hope that things will change for the
    > better.

    That's where I come from. And let me tell you I'm happy to find
    someone agreeing with me, as well as Nick H. On ECSS everybody talks
    about the scene, contributing themselves, sharing more than knowledges
    and oftenly you can see off-topics whenever they are interpreted for
    the cause, announcing software releases from CEZ and other
    contributors, talking about games, hardware and other affinities we
    Specchums have between ourselves. And we never use sarcasm just when
    it's needed to cold the heat wave.

    Respecting c.s.s, the way some people here treats to another one,
    doesn't matter where they come from, is something like bullying. For
    now, I'm being a bit sarcastic so it's no worth trying to scamp on me.
    Is it possible to discuss my post friendly, please?

    We don't need enemies inside a healthy Speccy community. Possibly
    that's what few ones want to get, rather than look the bright side of
    life. (whistle!!!)

    Au rèvoir,

  6. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    RDisky wrote:

    > Specchums have between ourselves. And we never use sarcasm just when
    > it's needed to cold the heat wave.

    Hi RDisky!

    You are really much hotter :-)

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  7. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    zxbruno wrote:

    > There is one excellent Sinclair Usenet group, but that's the Spanish
    > one. They're friendly, active in the scene, helpful, knowledgeable but
    > not full of themselves, and they don't let rude people take over.

    Active? Helpful?

    Don't forget the strong and many English Sinclair-related sites, with
    excellent http-coding and a bit more.

    > I will keep coming here, in the hope that things will change for the
    > better.

    Best regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  8. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    DanSolo wrote:

    > Sorry Spike, but it just seems to be the way of things. "Fora" (what a
    > terrible plural) for Oric, Sinclair, Commodore etc. have all taken
    > over the heaving lifting from Usenet. Will you be teaching history or
    > IT? ;-)
    > Sad but true, as Metallica would say.

    It's a matter of, 'what do I need?'.

    Metallica could play Guitar with a super-new Chip. No need to change
    the strings anymore, 5000 different
    Strings and Pickups. Everything DSP, no crackles, no noise.

    Otherwise, if Metallica would have never exist and a new Band would
    come out with the Name 'Metallica' and that super Guitarchip (thousands
    of Guitars in a Box), it would fit well into the digital times, or?

    Best Regards,

    Daniel Mandic

  9. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    > Respecting c.s.s, the way some people here treats to another one,
    > doesn't matter where they come from, is something like bullying. For
    > now, I'm being a bit sarcastic so it's no worth trying to scamp on me.
    > Is it possible to discuss my post friendly, please?

    Well, you must admit, YOU were being pretty rude with your first post.
    You didn't post with comments and suggestions, you posted with demands. You
    INSISTED that things must change to become YOUR ideal newsgroup.

    Totally discounting 15 years of newsgroup history.

    It's like barging into someone's house and re-arranging the furniture
    without permission.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  10. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On Sat, 19 May 2007 19:00:58 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >A936@hotmail.com did eloquently scribble:
    >> Yeah, I think it's sad but css is only a pale shadow of what it
    >> once was. I hope it's only restin' but since most new people
    >> to the internet (ie last 5 years) don't even know what usenet is,
    >> I doubt it.

    >Well, I'll be including usenet when I teach IT.
    >
    >Might've had a badly educated generation but at least one school will learn
    >what the internet REALLY is, if I have my way.
    >(Start my PGCE in september)

    Well done, that man.

    Can you really teach much outside the national curriculum tho?

  11. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:45:57 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC Nick Humphries:

    > It is sad - I was one of the people who voted this newgroup into existence
    > - but things change, and they're out of your control unless you try and
    > improve your particular venue for the better.

    Unless I'm pretty much mistaken, you are still here, therefore this is
    your venue as well, hence perhaps you should put what you say into
    practice and try and improve it? Like Spike said - you could post
    news here that you read on WOS. This benefits everyone, such as Brian
    who is unable to effectively read web forums, or Daniel with his
    extremely limited download rates.

    If you have that attitude to c.s.s, why are you still here?

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  12. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    On Sun, 20 May 2007, Chris Young wrote:

    > If you have that attitude to c.s.s, why are you still here?

    As I said, sometimes this corpse twitches in interesting ways, so I'm
    here out of curiosity more than anything else.

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/

  13. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS ornot?

    On Sun, 20 May 2007, Chris Young wrote:

    > Like Spike said - you could post
    > news here that you read on WOS.

    If Daren's right and Spike does have unmetered Internet access, then he
    could do this research himself. It's not as if I'm not doing other stuff
    for the scene, is it?

    --
    Nick Humphries, nick@egyptus.co.uk http://www.egyptus.co.uk/
    Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/
    YSRnRY documentary (1988 OUT NOW!) http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/tvprog/
    The Tipshop http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/
    ZX Video and WWW Alerts http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/rsscheck.pl

  14. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On 20 mayo, 12:21, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > Well, you must admit, YOU were being pretty rude with your first post.
    > You didn't post with comments and suggestions, you posted with demands. You
    > INSISTED that things must change to become YOUR ideal newsgroup.

    My apologies, then. Better? I just entered like a bull in one crockery
    shop.

    On the other hand, creating this post I can see a difference between
    ourselves that could be solved in a sort of way somebody would like to
    discuss. BTW, it's good having different points of view, even if we
    say anything righr or wrong. Possibly, I should have threaded in a
    good manner way what's actually going on in this group. And as Chris
    says, it benefits everybody. Once again, I express my apologies. Sure
    Spike will accept it as well.

    Whenever I feel able to thread anything, I'll do it for the right
    thing, in calm. One joke after all?

    "Early in the morning and a couple still in the bed:
    - (Wife) John, it's seven.
    - (Husband) Let'em in."

    ;-)

  15. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    Lister did eloquently scribble:
    > Well done, that man.

    > Can you really teach much outside the national curriculum tho?

    Look up the national curriculum guidelines for IT sometime.
    It's incredibly vague.
    Besides, it includes the internet as one of its topics and usenet is part of
    that.
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  16. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    RDisky did eloquently scribble:
    > On 20 mayo, 12:21, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >> Well, you must admit, YOU were being pretty rude with your first post.
    >> You didn't post with comments and suggestions, you posted with demands. You
    >> INSISTED that things must change to become YOUR ideal newsgroup.

    > My apologies, then. Better? I just entered like a bull in one crockery
    > shop.

    Indeed.
    One of the first rules of usenet, (which would also work for web forums and
    chat rooms), is to lurk for a while before saying anything so you can get a
    feel for the place. Speccy stuff is talked about here, but offtopicness is
    not discouraged. If it had been, the newsgroup WOULD have died years ago
    when there wasn't much going on in the spectrum scene and everything had
    been said.

    Barging into anywhere and making demands is always going to get peoples
    backs up. Instead join in with current current or start your own.

    > On the other hand, creating this post I can see a difference between
    > ourselves that could be solved in a sort of way somebody would like to
    > discuss. BTW, it's good having different points of view, even if we
    > say anything righr or wrong. Possibly, I should have threaded in a
    > good manner way what's actually going on in this group. And as Chris
    > says, it benefits everybody. Once again, I express my apologies. Sure
    > Spike will accept it as well.

    Indeed. Consider it accepted.

    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  17. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On 2007-05-20, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    > Indeed. Consider it accepted.

    I *still* think we should cover him in hot chocolate and discarded
    ring pulls.

  18. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 12:40:45 GMT, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >Lister did eloquently scribble:
    >> Well done, that man.

    >> Can you really teach much outside the national curriculum tho?

    >Look up the national curriculum guidelines for IT sometime.
    >It's incredibly vague.
    >Besides, it includes the internet as one of its topics and usenet is part of
    >that.

    Maybe you could start a trend

  19. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On May 19, 7:36 pm, spi...@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    > I hate web forums, I'll stick with usenet if it's all the same to you.
    > Usenet is a better medium for discussions, with proper threading etc etc.

    The current WoS forum software has proper threading, for those who
    configure their views that way.

    And it has some lively discussion, one current discussion being the
    fact that the most fictional part of Dan Brown's novels is the bit
    which says "This novel is based on fully-researched fact". :-)

  20. Re: Does anybody want to talk about Sinclair computers at CSS or not?

    On May 20, 2:15 am, fuzzix wrote:
    > What if animated smileys make your
    > tract itch?

    None of the WoS smilies are animated.