Google Groups frozen since 6:18 - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Google Groups frozen since 6:18 - Sinclair ; Neither post I made to the troll thread has shown up, although I'm told that proper Usenetters have seen both of them... (Still, this is not as bad as MailGate, which has no new posts since early April...) Sod this, ...

  1. Google Groups frozen since 6:18

    Neither post I made to the troll thread has shown up, although I'm
    told that proper Usenetters have seen both of them...

    (Still, this is not as bad as MailGate, which has no new posts since
    early April...)

    Sod this, if it keeps up I'm sticking to WoS Forums...

  2. Re: Google Groups frozen since 6:18

    korax1214@gmail.com wibbled:

    > Neither post I made to the troll thread has shown up, although I'm
    > told that proper Usenetters have seen both of them...
    >
    > (Still, this is not as bad as MailGate, which has no new posts since
    > early April...)
    >
    > Sod this, if it keeps up I'm sticking to WoS Forums...

    Why not just use a proper newsreader through one of the free servers
    like aioe.org?

    There's no need to be hasty.... a sole consumption of web forums (or
    should that be fora?) can be very bad for your health, so I'm told.

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  3. Re: Google Groups frozen since 6:18

    Matt Rudge wrote:

    > There's no need to be hasty.... a sole consumption of web forums (or
    > should that be fora?) can be very bad for your health, so I'm told.

    That's what's really causing all the health troubles with kids these
    days. They're spending far to much time on Youspace, Facetube and all
    that rubbish instead of proper healthy newsgroups.

    Not that I'd want a horde of spotty herberts invading CSS, mind you.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  4. Re: Google Groups frozen since 6:18

    Matt Rudge wrote:
    > Why not just use a proper newsreader through one of the free servers
    > like aioe.org?

    motzarella.org has been more stable for me than aioe.org...

  5. Re: Google Groups frozen since 6:18

    On Sat, 19 May 2007 10:41:17 +0100 da kidz on comp.sys.sinclair were rappin'
    to MC fuzzix:

    > Matt Rudge wrote:
    > > Why not just use a proper newsreader through one of the free servers
    > > like aioe.org?

    > motzarella.org has been more stable for me than aioe.org...

    However, it only carries cheese-relatd groups, and alt.pizza.

    Chris

    | Your Sinclair: A Celebration |

  6. Re: Google Groups frozen since 6:18

    On May 18, 10:58 am, "Matt Rudge" wrote:
    > Why not just use a proper newsreader through one of the free servers
    > like aioe.org?

    That's what I do if I'm at a proper cybercafé, but I can't if I'm at
    easyEverything, as at present. It's not very good (no USB, no point),
    but it's very cheap (£3.50 for 24 hours)...

  7. Re: Google Groups frozen since 6:18

    fuzzix wrote:

    > Matt Rudge wrote:
    >> Why not just use a proper newsreader through one of the free servers
    >> like aioe.org?

    > motzarella.org has been more stable for me than aioe.org...

    I've had relatively little trouble[1] with greatnowhere.com, despite it
    apparently being run by a lone Yank in whatever they have instead of
    sheds over there. Basements, probably.

    [1] It's not perfect, but definitely better than aioe.org.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread