    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  2. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    On 2007-05-15, Duncan Snowden wrote:

    > http://www.dss.talktalk.net/speclo.jpg

    Yep, you certainly do have too much time on your hands! I wonder what
    the load time from tape is like?

  3. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    Ian Rawlings wibbled:

    > On 2007-05-15, Duncan Snowden wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.dss.talktalk.net/speclo.jpg

    > Yep, you certainly do have too much time on your hands! I wonder what
    > the load time from tape is like?

    I think the fact that it comes on forty six C-120's probably gives it
    away....

    --
    Matt
    www.mattrudge.net

  4. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    On Wed, 16 May 2007 00:42:09 +0100, Duncan Snowden
    wrote:

    >http://www.dss.talktalk.net/speclo.jpg

    Genius. This works well as 'prior art' to sue Microsoft over it.

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor

  5. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    Peter Thomas wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 May 2007 00:42:09 +0100, Duncan Snowden
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.dss.talktalk.net/speclo.jpg

    > Genius. This works well as 'prior art' to sue Microsoft over it.

    Ah. You've seen through my nefarious plan, then?

    Welcome back, by the way. Usenet dying out? I'm only 35.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  6. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:45:57 +0100, Duncan Snowden
    wrote:

    >>> http://www.dss.talktalk.net/speclo.jpg

    >> Genius. This works well as 'prior art' to sue Microsoft over it.

    >Ah. You've seen through my nefarious plan, then?

    Yes. Tell Microsoft they infringe on 235 patents.

    >Welcome back, by the way. Usenet dying out?

    I'm coming to the conclusion that web forums are dying out... ish.
    Ever since myspace, bebo and facebook came to the fore, it's tricky to
    get chat going on.

    >I'm only 35.

    I remember when all this was just fields.

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor
    [hyphen] ¦ Designer/programmer
    inn [dot] ¦
    co [dot] uk¦ http://www.tiswasonline.com

  7. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    Peter Thomas wrote:

    >>> Genius. This works well as 'prior art' to sue Microsoft over it.

    >> Ah. You've seen through my nefarious plan, then?

    > Yes. Tell Microsoft they infringe on 235 patents.

    Heh! The best thing about that plan is that I don't even have to fake
    the patents, 'cos I won't tell them what they are. "No, Bill, they're
    *my* patents and I'm not playing any more. So ner."

    >> Welcome back, by the way. Usenet dying out?

    > I'm coming to the conclusion that web forums are dying out... ish.
    > Ever since myspace, bebo and facebook came to the fore, it's tricky to
    > get chat going on.

    I've never liked them. I could go into all the reasons, but there are
    just far too many: all the posts in a thread on one page (or, if you're
    lucky, two or three); dozens of fiddly sub-forums; registration...

    >> I'm only 35.

    > I remember when all this was just fields.

    I remember when it was just prehistoric scrubland, with all dinosaurs
    wandering about and that.

    What? Yes I do. It was last Tuesday. Took ages to clear up after them.
    You need more than a pooper-scooper and an old Tesco's bag for a
    brontosaurus, I can tell you. When I find out who opened that wormhole
    in the fabric of spacetime under the stairs there'll be hell to pay.

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

  8. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    On Thu, 17 May 2007 01:44:36 +0100, Duncan Snowden
    wrote:

    >> Yes. Tell Microsoft they infringe on 235 patents.

    >Heh! The best thing about that plan is that I don't even have to fake
    >the patents, 'cos I won't tell them what they are. "No, Bill, they're
    >*my* patents and I'm not playing any more. So ner."

    There's plenty of SCOpe to say anything then.

    >> I'm coming to the conclusion that web forums are dying out... ish.
    >> Ever since myspace, bebo and facebook came to the fore, it's tricky to
    >> get chat going on.

    >I've never liked them. I could go into all the reasons, but there are
    >just far too many: all the posts in a thread on one page (or, if you're
    >lucky, two or three); dozens of fiddly sub-forums; registration...

    And too many posts!

    --
    pete [at] ¦ Writer
    horseshoe ¦ Video-editor
    [hyphen] ¦ Designer/programmer
    inn [dot] ¦
    co [dot] uk¦ http://www.tiswasonline.com

  9. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    Duncan Snowden did eloquently scribble:
    > What? Yes I do. It was last Tuesday. Took ages to clear up after them.
    > You need more than a pooper-scooper and an old Tesco's bag for a
    > brontosaurus, I can tell you. When I find out who opened that wormhole
    > in the fabric of spacetime under the stairs there'll be hell to pay.

    You've been watching too much primeval AICMFBB (brontosaurus burgers)

  10. Re: Sometimes I have *far* too much time on my hands...

    I wrote:

    > http://www.dss.talktalk.net/speclo.jpg

    By the way, I emailed this to a mate before putting it up there, and he
    asked what I thought it might look like on the Speccy. Don't know about
    you lot, but I thought the screenshots I've seen of Halo Zero[1] look a
    lot like some of Dinamic's side-scrolling platform shoot-em-ups.

    [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_Zero

    --
    Duncan Snowden.

+ Reply to Thread