Atari 400 keyboard - Sinclair

This is a discussion on Atari 400 keyboard - Sinclair ; I am considering making a new mebrane keyboard for a different computer (TS1000) and wonder how did Atari handle the space bar on the 400? Is there multiple contacts or is there a long contact? On a standard size key ...

  1. Atari 400 keyboard

    I am considering making a new mebrane keyboard for a different
    computer (TS1000) and wonder how did Atari handle the space bar on the
    400? Is there multiple contacts or is there a long contact?

    On a standard size key you can have a single contact in the center and
    it would work, but how about the space bar? Is there a "sweet spot" on
    the space bar where it works and on another where it doesnt?

    Bill H

  2. Re: Atari 400 keyboard

    On May 15, 7:08 am, Bill H wrote:
    > I am considering making a new mebrane keyboard for a different
    > computer (TS1000) and wonder how did Atari handle the space bar on the
    > 400? Is there multiple contacts or is there a long contact?
    >
    > On a standard size key you can have a single contact in the center and
    > it would work, but how about the space bar? Is there a "sweet spot" on
    > the space bar where it works and on another where it doesnt?
    >
    > Bill H

    You may want to ignore this message - I posted it in the wrong group
    (or you may know the answer?)

  3. Re: Atari 400 keyboard

    Bill H wrote:

    > I am considering making a new mebrane keyboard for a different
    > computer (TS1000) and wonder how did Atari handle the space bar on the
    > 400? Is there multiple contacts or is there a long contact?

    > On a standard size key you can have a single contact in the center and
    > it would work, but how about the space bar? Is there a "sweet spot" on
    > the space bar where it works and on another where it doesnt?

    > Bill H

    somewhere packed away in a box here are some UNUSED TS1000 membrains,
    I could dig em out if there is interest!

  4. Re: Atari 400 keyboard

    Bill H wrote:

    > I am considering making a new mebrane keyboard for a different
    > computer (TS1000) and wonder how did Atari handle the space bar on the
    > 400? Is there multiple contacts or is there a long contact?

    > On a standard size key you can have a single contact in the center and
    > it would work, but how about the space bar? Is there a "sweet spot" on
    > the space bar where it works and on another where it doesnt?

    > Bill H

    somewhere packed away in a box here are some UNUSED TS1000 membrains,
    I could dig em out if there is interest!

  5. Re: Atari 400 keyboard

    HP wrote:
    > Bill H wrote:
    >> I am considering making a new mebrane keyboard for a different
    >> computer (TS1000) and wonder how did Atari handle the space bar on the
    >> 400? Is there multiple contacts or is there a long contact?

    >> On a standard size key you can have a single contact in the center and
    >> it would work, but how about the space bar? Is there a "sweet spot" on
    >> the space bar where it works and on another where it doesnt?

    >> Bill H

    > somewhere packed away in a box here are some UNUSED TS1000 membrains,
    > I could dig em out if there is interest!

    Are you willing to sell one or two of them?

+ Reply to Thread